Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering Cedric Diggory has banners cheering him on in the Dragon Challenge, I think it's a safe bet that it does.

There's other places in the parks where we are in different times, even within a land. But assuming the land is indeed set in this singular time period, yes you have a good point.

Yea, we're supposed to figure it's off screen.

And even going with Dumbledore fighting Voldemort, that would majorly conflict with canon. Dumbledore only dueled Voldemort once, and that's a big point in the series.

Nah there's nothing that actually says Dumbledore only dueled with him once. Why else would D be "the only one he (Voldy) ever feared"? I figure he must have fought him before, and lost.
But anyways BriMan has a good point about the land being set before Voldy's return. So that seems to suggest they can never have him or probably even his Death Eaters in an attraction. Although it also doesn't make sense that Buckbeak is there (since he should be with Sirius by then) and there are still dementors outside the castle. I guess we're just not supposed to think about the timeline.

Nah there's nothing that actually says Dumbledore only dueled with him once. Why else would D be "the only one he (Voldy) ever feared"? I figure he must have fought him before, and lost.

Yea, Voldemort feared him, which is why he never tried to duel him. The only time the two dueled was during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries.

The majority of The Wizarding World definately covers Prisoner of Azkaban going into the Tri Wizarding Tournament era more than anything. But it does have aspects that definately cover the entire series.

I agree with Briman. We know it is after Chamber and before 5. That leaves 3-4. The land features most things dead center in the series. Voldemort's prescence is there without being too forced. Who do you think most likely sent the dementors to harm muggles? Dumbledore mentions Voldemort being on the rise again in the queue.

Hypogriff, Sirius Black alive and wanted, Weasley Ford Angela crashed near the Tri Wizarding Tournment dragon's challenge entrance as well as Quiddich is being played and there is definately a skeleton of a Basilisk in the chamber of secrets. We all know its a theme park and incorporated many stuff from the entire world created for the series, but seriously. 3-4 mostly.

Also, anyone wondering on JK's continuity. People make her sound so stuck up. Sure she cares about her creation but she is a realistic person who knows its a theme park attraction(s)
For example, we can see Dementors. Muggles don't see dementors in the stories.

Last edited:
I would say that the Forbidden Journey is definetally set during Prisoner because it was the year with Dementors and Gryffindor played Slytherin that year for the Quidditch Cup. The only problem is that Ron is the keeper which didn't happen until the sixth year. All of Hogsemede seems to come straight out of Prisoner of Azkaban, watch the movie for proof of that, and Dragon Challenge is obviously book 4.

I was always under the impression it was like the scene in HP5 where the dementors just showed up. I did not think they were there all along like they were in POA. Plus if it was during POA Harry would not have been able to make a patronus that strong or that fast.

Yea, Voldemort feared him, which is why he never tried to duel him. The only time the two dueled was during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries.

Well, you could be right. You could definitely take that from the story, it might even be implied, but as far as I remember there is no passage that actually states "this was the only time Dumbledore had dueled Voldemort". So there just isn't an explicit conflict with canon.
We can already see they are willing to bend "implied" contradictions, such as muggles being allowed at Hogwarts. (They've shattered the Wizarding Statute of Secrecy, for one, which it is strongly implied in canon will never be lifted). So IMO it could happen. I do think they will have to, almost for sure, use Poseidon in a future HP expansion. They just don't have much room outside of LC to expand.

As far as all the timeline discussion, like I said we are not supposed to think about it. But I know it's fun to try to come up with one, so I'm going to imagine it's set in Half-Blood Prince. I think that's when the actors shot their scenes. That would explain Buckbeak being there. There could just be a recreation of the Tri-Wizard to show us muggles what it was like. And the other schools could have come to celebrate the occasion of muggles being shown the wizarding world. The dementors are pretty out of control by HBP too, breeding everywhere in the mist. And this way they could have an attraction with Voldemort/Death Eaters. And they've lifted the Statute of Secrecy so we know about wizards and we're not oblivious to the threat from Voldey/Death Eaters.

Last edited:
I was always under the impression it was like the scene in HP5 where the dementors just showed up. I did not think they were there all along like they were in POA. Plus if it was during POA Harry would not have been able to make a patronus that strong or that fast.

The problem with that theory is there was no Quiddich in Year five. It was banned. Deifinately a 3-4 thing. Not that it matters. Theme park lack of continuity for value of entertainment.

Holidays and thematic touches. Not much in actual phase two 'attractions' that everyone thinks of for a long long while...if ever.

The problem with that theory is there was no Quiddich in Year five. It was banned.

There was indeed Quiddich in year 5. Harry played in the first match against Slytherin, but was banned, along with Fred and George, after beating up Malfoy. After that, Ginny took his place as seeker on the Gryffindor team.

Yeah, there are a ton of Half-Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix influences in the wizarding world. Most of them are subtle artistic influences from the movies. But they're still there, and you can't exclude the movies from this; they had just as much an impact on the design.

The quidditch uniforms match Half-Blood Prince, The Three Broomsticks matches Half-Blood Prince (actually, as most of you know, the movie's based off of the physical restaurant), the Ministry of Magic signs match Order of the Phoenix, the dementors match Order of the Phoenix. Also, Harry didn't discover the room of requirement until Order of the Phoenix, so, if you want to get technical with this, it would be impossible for it to take place in the fourth book. I'd write more but I'm watching The Walking Dead finale right now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.