Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 623 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify Phase 1, the budget wasn't really cut at all. If anything it was probably increased a bit... but so many changes were demanded by WB and their art directors, that Universal began saying, "you can have this or that, not both". That is why some things were trimmed to virtually half of what was intended and the lights, in-turn, dimmed to near blackout.

To clarify Phase 1, the budget wasn't really cut at all. If anything it was probably increased a bit... but so many changes were demanded by WB and their art directors, that Universal began saying, "you can have this or that, not both". That is why some things were trimmed to virtually half of what was intended and the lights, in-turn, dimmed to near blackout.

Poor choice of words on my part Teebs, robbing Peter to pay Paul is something I should focused more on.

SIAP but will the dark ride have video of Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson etc? I mean Radcliffe is like 24! This might be a good opportunity to use animatronics instead of film lol.

I don't think Rowling nor Uni would ever want to utilize creepy AA's of the characters instead of the photo-realism screens give.

I don't think Rowling nor Uni would ever want to utilize creepy AA's of the characters instead of the photo-realism screens give.

With the right lighting, and if the vehicles are moving by fast enough, they could be plenty realistic. Probably more so than looking at a movie screen again.

It's one ride with two entrances in two fully-packed parks. I think It's best if they reduce the amount of riders as much as they can with making the ride for two-park ticked holders only.

With the right lighting, and if the vehicles are moving by fast enough, they could be plenty realistic. Probably more so than looking at a movie screen again.

Nope, no uncanny valley for me. No animatronics look like real people, not even those highly detailed wax figures from that museum look like the real people. Plus, whats the point of having a AA if you just speed right past it?

And Dan Radcliffe could look ten years younger with a little movie magic and make- up , though he in particular is not supposed to be part of the ride.

Last edited:
Well that has to be the best news I've heard on this project yet!! I kinda figured it'd be expensive since there's supposed to be a mini-ToT elevator style ride BEFORE you board the coaster. It sounds like this will be the most lavishly themed area in USF by far! Can't imagine how beautiful the lagoon will look once London and Kong are done!

I have a feeling it will end up being the most lavishly themed land in Orlando period :)

It's one ride with two entrances in two fully-packed parks. I think It's best if they reduce the amount of riders as much as they can with making the ride for two-park ticked holders only.

Nope, no uncanny valley for me. No animatronics look like real people, not even those highly detailed wax figures from that museum look like the real people. Plus, whats the point of having a AA if you just speed right past it?

And Dan Radcliffe could look ten years younger with a little movie magic and make- up , though he in particular is not supposed to be part of the ride.

We'll agree to disagree on animatronics. They are far more magical to me than video. I used to get the warm fuzzes on Kong, and I still get them on Spaceship Earth, and those AA are 30 years old on rides that moves 3 MPH. With the supposed gigantic budget Gringotts will have, and the advancements in robotics, they could do something truly unbelievable animatronic wise.

Sorry I'm just not interested in yet another 3D movie based ride. I can go to any movie theater and see spectacular 3D, but animatronics are special, and UC has the talent and the money to do this right.

Last edited:
We already knew this - take a look at the Forbidden Journey queue if you want to know exactly how convincing those projections can be :thumbs:

I think he's referring to the fact that that Tupac appearance was created using a computer-generated face tracked onto another actor's body. Indeed, they probably can create an adequately convincing Harry Potter digitally even without Daniel Radcliffe's return.
That said, I don't think J.K Rowling would allow them to go that route. She is friends with Daniel, and would probably view a digital copy of him as disrespectful.

Sorry I'm just not interested in yet another 3D movie based ride. I can go to any movie theater and see spectacular 3D, but animatronics are special, and UC has the talent and the money to do this right.
Your local theater has a ride vehicle with a motion base on a roller coaster track with themed environments?

As for Animatronics, there's a reason why they peaked in 1989 with the Wicked Witch. I'd rather musion or a 4K projection than what's hunched over in Everest right now...

Reactions: Disneyhead
I think he's referring to the fact that that Tupac appearance was created using a computer-generated face tracked onto another actor's body. Indeed, they probably can create an adequately convincing Harry Potter digitally even without Daniel Radcliffe's return.
That said, I don't think J.K Rowling would allow them to go that route. She is friends with Daniel, and would probably view a digital copy of him as disrespectful.

I think it is fairly lame of Daniel Radcliffe to opt out of all future Potter. Without Potter he would just be an average actor with average looks struggling to make a living. He owes Potter everything! Dude, just take part in the new ride. :)

Disneyhead is that what they use for Christopher Walken in the Disaster queue and also FJ queue? if so, it's very impressive indeed. However,I still don't think there's anything better than a true animatronic that you can literally fly over at any angle and you're part of the scene as opposed to just looking at the scene.

Disneyhead is that what they use for Christopher Walken in the Disaster queue and also FJ queue? if so, it's very impressive indeed. However,I still don't think there's anything better than a true animatronic that you can literally fly over at any angle and you're part of the scene as opposed to just looking at the scene.

Yes, it is.

And please, give me an example of such an animatronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.