Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to ride on the Hogwarts Express, but if I go into my cabin and Evanna Lynch isn't sitting in there wearing a big bow I'm gonna be pissed ;)
6yAwMvR.jpg

Robert Niles has just posted the location of the Diagon Alley stores on TPI. He stated that he had seen the actual plans in the past but now felt it was OK to post them. He also mentioned a few of the false storefronts.

I found it interesting that there are numbers on the back of the seats. I assume that means they'll be lining guests up on spots with corresponding numbers for faster and more efficient boarding as well as to make sure EVERY seat is filled every time. It still seems like a nightmare for logistic and load times, but we'll see. Maybe they have some tricks up their sleeves that we don't know about?

I found it interesting that there are numbers on the back of the seats. I assume that means they'll be lining guests up on spots with corresponding numbers for faster and more efficient boarding as well as to make sure EVERY seat is filled every time. It still seems like a nightmare for logistic and load times, but we'll see. Maybe they have some tricks up their sleeves that we don't know about?
maybe they will give out a printed ticket

Robert Niles has just posted the location of the Diagon Alley stores on TPI. He stated that he had seen the actual plans in the past but now felt it was OK to post them. He also mentioned a few of the false storefronts.

Thanks for posting. I checked it out. Interesting. Sadly, he has been so accurate in the past about many things and had the diagrams to prove it. I am not sure "who's on first" at this point. His ideas sync with the cgi walk-through but not the concept paintings. Let's see what wins out.

We still haven't heard why HTF stated, "I have a pretty good idea how it lands" regarding the facades on the right hand side of Diagon.

Last edited:

The only real difference between what he posted and what Gambit's map showed here yesterday is the Scribbulus location, which he has over next to Wiseacres. Leaked Blueprint 1-8 suggests there is a second small shop next to Wiseacres, so that is a good possibility. If thats the case we have still have the shop between the back entrance to Knockturn and Florean's unaccounted for.

Just got back from the first Q&A of the Potter Celebration and managed to get some pics of some of the products you can buy in WWW. Please stand by...

D7564B88-01C9-4CAE-A909-5479BAA98CE3.jpg

20FA7913-FDBF-4F0F-A4A6-55A8D1AC6421.jpg

D3DA493D-DD5B-40D5-9302-2E504DB8872E.jpg

4C56A9B6-BF8C-42A1-A430-9B97111B65DC.jpg

On a shot in the dark, I googled something I saw on a TV show (Anthony Bourdain, I think) a long time ago, and BINGO!

The small structures in front of the London facades are Cabmen's Shelters.

CaptureCabShelter_zps97632bfd.png

800px-A_London_Cabman%27s_Shelter_in_Warwick_Avenue_W9.jpg

London_taxi_shelter.jpg

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabmen's_Shelter_Fund

Perhaps they'll serve sandwiches and snacks for guests passing through and not entering Diagon Alley.

EDIT: I found the episode I remembered. The cab shelter part starts at about the 40 minute mark.

[video=dailymotion;xo2mr7]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo2mr7_the-layover-s01e09-london_travel[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
Perhaps they'll serve sandwiches and snacks for guests passing through and not entering Diagon Alley.

I think the idea of them being kiosks for upgrading to a two park ticket is likely. Possibly where you would get your return ticket for getting into diagon on busy days. But if there is going to be any food items in it, I'd say it would be about a lock to be a butterbeer stand.

On a shot in the dark, I googled something I saw on a TV show (Anthony Bourdain, I think) a long time ago, and BINGO!

The small structures in front of the London facades are Cabmen's Shelters.

Goodness, I value so many of you here for your offerings of potential solutions and ideas. I also admire that you watch Anthony Bourdain. :wave:

Looks like a keepah!

I think the idea of them being kiosks for upgrading to a two park ticket is likely. Possibly where you would get your return ticket for getting into diagon on busy days. But if there is going to be any food items in it, I'd say it would be about a lock to be a butterbeer stand.

I don't think they'd sell Butterbeer outside of Diagon Alley.

From watching the video, I think the bricks at the entrance are going to be constantly moving ( at a slower place) using a simple mechanism that pulls rows in and out at different times.

Yeah, when I first so those niches on the water plans nearly two years ago, I thought they would sell fish and chips or some common London street food with which I am not familiar.

(why do I often leave the Y off from "they" when typing fast? What does it mean? I am so sick of myself for doing it.)

Sorry to go on about these things, but here is a short video that better shows and explains the history of the cabmen's shelters, in case anyone is interested.

[video=youtube;mjtDqyQlzEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjtDqyQlzEQ[/video]

I don't think they'd sell Butterbeer outside of Diagon Alley.

While I agree that there is a continuity issue there, I think it's madness not to sell their hottest commodity in a spot where people are likely to be lined up to get into both Diagon and King's Cross. And really, is there anything that says they can't sell butterbeer to muggles? It's not a magical drink, so I could easily see them saying it's something that muggles who know of the wizarding world were so fascinated by the drink, they brought it to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.