Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I take it that we feel confident that Scribbulous is coming and will be located where the spindle thing is now in the cgi walk through. If this is the case then it will be connected to the Ollivander's wand shop store, much like Honeydukes and Zonko's.

Can't be possible considering that the DH movies weren't out yet and they probably had no very little idea what direction the movie would take with that scene.

His direct quote was "I suspect filming was done quite a while ago, possibly even around the time of fj"

So I think he just means that it's not like they filmed the scenes yesterday before the webcast

That detail and those caverns is giving me Journey to the Center of the Earth vibes, a.k.a. the greatest dark ride ever made.

I got to ride that a few years ago, and while it is very impressive with perhaps the most magnificent "show building" I've ever seen, I don't think it's the greatest dark ride ever made. I would still take Indiana Jones at DL even if it doesn't have the high speeds.

If this is anything like Journey to the Center of the Earth, it will be amazing. Journey is so incredibly immersive. Really excited for this ride. Think it could give Journey a run for its money.

On opening dates, anyone think July 7, 2014? JK loves her 7's. Just wild speculation.

If this is anything like Journey to the Center of the Earth, it will be amazing. Journey is so incredibly immersive. Really excited for this ride. Think it could give Journey a run for its money.

On opening dates, anyone think July 7, 2014? JK loves her 7's. Just wild speculation.

I don't think so. I'm not sure and certainly not n expert, but signs point to an early to mid June grand opening

Facebook says they gave it out free to early entries for the Celebration. But they also seem to hint at it being a preview all weekend, which means it'll be permanent at some point.

Picture I saw looked like it was inside Three Broomsticks.

Could it be a test of an item that Uni would like to serve during that, surveyed for, Christmas hard ticketed event?

BTW, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to copy the links and e everything, but if you look at my twitter page, I re-tweeted some pics of new "peek" spots that have been added to the London Embankment construction walls. These are very interesting, to say the least, considering UOR past stance on peeks of their construction projects...

- - - Updated - - -

Three Broomsticks. Mixed reports. UO PR people are saying its only for guests with early entry for the HP Celebration. Behind the Thrills got a report that it was still being offered.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to the HP Celebration and technically I'm staying at one of the Uni partner hotels, so I should be good! Hopefully! Fingers crossed there are no snafus!!

BTW, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to copy the links and e everything, but if you look at my twitter page, I re-tweeted some pics of new "peek" spots that have been added to the London Embank

The windows are a nice touch, but sadly, neither window has a direct line of sight into Diagon Alley. A look through the windows confirms that they are nowhere near working on the park area. Still lots of construction equipment and material lying about.

BTW, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to copy the links and e everything, but if you look at my twitter page, I re-tweeted some pics of new "peek" spots that have been added to the London Embankment construction walls. These are very interesting, to say the least, considering UOR past stance on peeks of their construction projects...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info! I'm going to the HP Celebration and technically I'm staying at one of the Uni partner hotels, so I should be good! Hopefully! Fingers crossed there are no snafus!!
I love the peek holes! Thanks for the heads up!

@Felipe: Newsies is going to be the first show at DrP. CftPA.

Last edited:
I got to ride that a few years ago, and while it is very impressive with perhaps the most magnificent "show building" I've ever seen, I don't think it's the greatest dark ride ever made. I would still take Indiana Jones at DL even if it doesn't have the high speeds.

I prefer Journey to Indy but to each his own. :ears:

Status
Not open for further replies.