Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all see what I see? A broom in front of a rounded wall/screen, I assume a green screen?

Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom! :cheers: And it makes even more sense since this shop seems to be connected to Quality Quidditch Supplies, as well!

Phenomenal catch on that. I went over that BP hard, but didn't catch that. Could this be a special photo connect location?

Its most probably going to be a video op and not a photo op. And they can say, "thats how its done in the movies"

I never heard this...

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London criticized the fact that the park was chosen to be in Orlando, rather than in London, stating that it was "utterly mad" to leave it to the Americans “to make money from a great British invention.”

Last edited:
I tried to do some (very) amateur photoshopping myself to track down another possible shop location. According to the blueprint leaked(3-7), Florean's will take up just a small corner of it's building seen here:

12112933655_370edf06b1_o.jpg

With Black being the guest accessible area and the red being the staff/prep area.

Now look at this pic from an earlier leaked blueprint(I stole this from another poster, I never saved the originals):

BdPUTr5IEAAFtNf.jpg

There appears to be three more doors between Florean's and the entrance to Knockturn. The first appears to probably be just a staff area or hallway, but that leaves two more.

And heres another leaked Blueprint(3-3):

12113320353_2556d3df76_o.png

You can see two doors go into a single room. Presumably another shop. Could this be Scribbulus?

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Awesome catch on the apparent photo-op, Felipe! I'm just trying to think of how they would reconcile that with the "reality" and immersion of the land. Maybe the screen will be a matte painting rather than a green screen? That could be squeezed into the "wizarding world" a little easier I think.

It would be so awesome if it were for a custom lenticular-3D Quidditch Trading Card similar to the cards that come with the Chocolate Frogs. According to wikipedia, those can be printed very quickly.

I thought this as well but in the walkthrough on the site it's a sewing shop. Spindlewarfs or something. :shrug:

As for the Owl Post, I think you right about the location. Maybe that is where Scribbulus will be then.

Yeah, I'm not sure. They're both concept art, so who knows :lol: But the stuff in the windows, the blue color and even the little sign are the same for Scribbulus :shrug:

It does look like that's where it is (#6 on my "map"), but is there enough room there for an actual shop? The webcast made it sound like it's an actual shop, but the blueprints show that it would then be inside the Ollivander's "show building".

As you can see below, there's indeed room for a shop. Now, the question is, does it make sense for a Scribbulus-type shop to be connected to Ollivanders, though? That's what has me questioning the concept art. Who knows :shrug:

Again, from the aforementioned @AmusementLeaks Round 3 - Plan 7:

iFv7nXxkFtAzE.png

What I was thinking:

Brown - Broomstick facade from the fly-through?
Purple - Ollivanders
Blue - Scribbulus?
Yellow - Daily Prophet facade
Green - Flourish & Blotts facade
Pink/Red - Fountain of Fair Fortune

I tried to do some (very) amateur photoshopping myself to track down another possible shop location. According to the blueprint leaked(3-7), Florean's will take up just a small corner of it's building seen here:

{snip}

There appears to be three more doors between Florean's and the entrance to Knockturn. The first appears to probably be just a staff area or hallway, but that leaves two more.

You can see two doors go into a single room. Presumably another shop. Could this be Scribbulus?

There's certainly something there! Could be! :thumbs:

Is there any other shop that was announced but is unaccounted for?

Wait, hold on... I thought the other spot down there, around the corner from Florean Fortescues was gonna be The Hopping Pot, another F&B location, per HTF.
I'm too tired to remember all these things :lol: Have a good night y'all!

Last edited:
OK, something else. Here I am using the concept art released today for reference, and also using @AmusementLeaks' plans (so credit to him for these, too).

First, here's where I mean as the location of the Owl Post )in purple).
Then, I wonder what the red, light blue and yellow places will be... Ever since the SFWM plans came up, I've always thought the red space will be a food & beverage location, but we're still uncertain, so I guess we'll see when more is revealed.

ibhoCKtSWeik5Y.png

Now onto the main purpose for this post, the brown area seen above (which I actually colored green below :p)
These next crops are from @AmusemenLeaks' Round 3 - File 7... ( SEE HERE )

Do y'all see what I see? A broom in front of a rounded wall/screen, I assume a green screen?

ibhlqvQNEAZrIj.png

ih0DArwwlh8nI.png

Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom! :cheers: And it makes even more sense since this shop seems to be connected to Quality Quidditch Supplies, as well!

Great catch! It's possible that it will be a painted mural instead of a green screen. I could see them themeing the photo op to look sort of like a Victorian photo studio, complete with a 'magical' old-school looking camera.

As you can see below, there's indeed room for a shop. Now, the question is, does it make sense for a Scribbulus-type shop to be connected to Ollivanders, though? That's what has me questioning the concept art. Who knows :shrug:

Well, in Hogsmeade, Ollivanders empties into Owl Post and Dervish and Banges, if I'm not mistaken. I was thinking that Ollivanders must have an exit shop, and I think Scribbulus is a good candidate.

What I was thinking:

Brown - Broomstick facade from the fly-through?
Purple - Ollivanders
Blue - Scribbulus?
Yellow - Daily Prophet facade
Green - Flourish & Blotts facade
Pink/Red - Fountain of Fair Fortune

I was just looking at that area in brown. It's not very big, so it's probably just a facade. That corner of the building has a huge Pumpkin Juice ad on it and a sign with a "B", per the virtual tour:

Capture-PumpkinJuiceCorner_zpsd8703772.png

Last edited:
Will the screens be turned off when you board the Hogwarts Express or will they be showing a video of a false Plstform 9 3/4 or Hogmeade Station(depending where you board)?

Not sure but maybe there are camera's on board that give you the actual view of the station as is. When the train exit the station it transits into the proper ride movie.

Its most probably going to be a video op and not a photo op. And they can say, "thats how its done in the movies"

I never heard this...

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London criticized the fact that the park was chosen to be in Orlando, rather than in London, stating that it was "utterly mad" to leave it to the Americans “to make money from a great British invention.”

Gotta love BoJO LOL the man is a legend, has me LOL every time I see him.

ih0DArwwlh8nI.png

Felipe... Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom! And it makes even more sense since this shop seems to be connected to Quality Quidditch Supplies, as well!

A similar photo OP at Leavesden uses green screen. They have 4 or 5 "Brooms" and screens, you take your turn in line once a "broom" is free you are dressed in a cloak and board said broom. First you do a video which is shown live on a tv screen so you and your friends/family can see it as you show off your broom skills. With hair blowing and cloak flapping(fan)in the wind as you fly around Hogwarts and London, you are directed to sway with the broom and even reach down and "splash the water" as you fly down the Thames. The experience is great fun and you can buy photos from the experience after for around £12 ($20), I cant remember if the actual video is for sale.

Is Uni going to offer something similar? looking at Felipe's find it looks highly likely and would certainly be a money spinner for them.

Harry-Potter-Studio-Tour-broomstick.jpg

fodors.com

But....

The queue for the photo/video op was quite long at Leavesden, around 40 mins from what I remember and this was with controlled guest numbers, at Leavesden you are given a time to start your tour and they limit that to 590 entries per hour. Although the area housing the 4 or 5 (may even have been more)screens and brooms was relatively small I would imagine Uni and their crowds would need more screens and brooms to pull off the same experience. Maybe we will just get the photo op? video would be cool though especially if you could purchase a disc or upload direct to social media. Guess time will tell.

Last edited:
To all those worried about what it will look like, the photo op doesn't have to be green at all. Just mostly one color. I could see them theming this as trying out your first broom stick. Now I'd love to see them finally sell the moving pictures that were prototyped for phase 1. Unfortunately they were never sold. (obviously) These special "photos" would sell for around 45-50 dollars IMO

Wow, after viewing last night and this mornings posts I now understand why Woodbury was so confused. None of the creative artwork matches very well when compared. It sounds as if they absolutely nailed down certain facades only to change them yet again later. The right hand wasn't letting the left know what was going on.

Graphics art directors just couldn't keep up with all these changes to "firm" commitments.

It's gonna be a lovely day when $100K worth of props are delivered by the subcontractors only to find out that the facade/project was scratched 6 months ago.

According I Robert Niles over at TPI he believes that filming footage for gringotts took place around the same time as forbidden journey. Again that's from Robert Niles, believe what you will. Just passing the info along.

He also added that he suspects June 13 as the opening date

According I Robert Niles over at TPI he believes that filming footage for gringotts took place around the same time as forbidden journey. Again that's from Robert Niles, believe what you will. Just passing the info along.

Nope. I remember filming reports where coming in either during or soon after filming had wrapped on the Deathly Hallows. I believe it was scenes with Ron and Bellatrix.

Nope. I remember filming reports where coming in either during or soon after filming had wrapped on the Deathly Hallows. I believe it was scenes with Ron and Bellatrix.

Right. I think it is a mix. Filming was certainly done a while ago. So it's possible that Daniel Radcliffe did film scenes already for it and his comments about not doing it again were after his scenes had already been filmed

He also added that he suspects June 13 as the opening date

Can't be possible considering that the DH movies weren't out yet and they probably had no very little idea what direction the movie would take with that scene.

I was just looking at that area in brown. It's not very big, so it's probably just a facade. That corner of the building has a huge Pumpkin Juice ad on it and a sign with a "B", per the virtual tour:

Capture-PumpkinJuiceCorner_zpsd8703772.png

I believe that corner store is called Broomstix. It made a very quick appearance in the first movie.

Image1-5.png
Broomstix.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.