Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I am mistaken. Didn't Woodbury go on and on about Scribbulus and stationary? Was that another "2010" moment or did I dream up a shop I have NEVER heard of before. Woodbury said something about scribbulus... Perhaps he was confused and thinking of HW or Japan?

Scribbulus is 100% there. It's just a matter of where. Here's the official description:

"Scribbulus - writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards."

Scribbulus is 100% there. It's just a matter of where. Here's the official description:

"Scribbulus - writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards."

Thank you Gambit... I was beginning to believe brain failure on my part.

I would expect the Owl Post will have a place to mail letters with a Diagon Alley postmark like they have in Hogsmeade.

Whats the shop between the Daily Prophet and ollivanders? I can't quite read the sign. I know its prob a false front, but I'm intrigued still. lol

I looked closely, and it looks like it says either Spindlewarts, Spindlewarfs, or Spindlewarps Wool Shop. It might be like Spintwitches Quidditch Supplies in Hogsmeade, apparently specially created for the WWoHP.

I looked closely, and it looks like it says either Spindlewarts, Spindlewarfs, or Spindlewarps Wool Shop. It might be like Spintwitches Quidditch Supplies in Hogsmeade, apparently specially created for the WWoHP.

Aaah... that is what I probably saw this morning and when I saw the S assumed it said Scribulous after the presentation.

What is most cool is that although they gave us a huge dump of info today, the virtual walk through just drives some of us nuts that we can't turn the corner and walk around the backside of Ollivanders or to the left of Gringotts. There is a lot of fun left to reveal.

The dragon on top of Gringotts I hate, unless it is constantly whipping its tail in random motions and moving its head and neck 100 degrees in all directions, surveying the guests and popping a small bit of fire until a major blow every 15 minutes. If it is static, as some have suggested, then it is horrid overkill and design.

I would expect the Owl Post will have a place to mail letters with a Diagon Alley postmark like they have in Hogsmeade.

Ah, that would make sense. It does look like a spool on the sign. I haven't been able to get into the site since this morning, so I was trying to read it from a video of lesser quality. I guess with all the store frontage they have, it makes inventing a few new shops up necessary.

diagon4.jpg

Another piece of HPATEFG concept art not officially released.

Ah, that would make sense. It does look like a spool on the sign. I haven't been able to get into the site since this morning, so I was trying to read it from a video of lesser quality. I guess with all the store frontage they have, it makes inventing a few new shops up necessary.

Yeah, and I'll bet Rowling already knew the names of all the shops she never found a place for in the books...and their locations, and the names of the owners, and their family histories, and their favorite flavor of Every Flavor Bean. :lol:

It must be cool for her to have a place to use some of the content she has stored up. (Not to mention the dump trucks full of money. :p)

I really hope that train and all it's amazing details can survive day after day of color and rip **** off the walls tourists.

This all looks amazing but there are a few things I'm still confused about:
1) What is the purpose/what is that bridge thing over Diagon Alley? Is it meant to be a London roadway?
2) How is Knockturn Alley going to stay dark, like in the online virtual tour?
3) How is the brick wall effect being carried out? Also, in the virtual tour, the entrance looks very narrow
4) This might sound silly, but I'm having a hard time comprehending it. As of what I've gathered there are two trains and two tracks. If the train is making a journey (say from London to Hogsmeade) and it stops at Hogsmeade, wouldn't it eventually have to go in reverse to get back to London?
5) Is there going to be a platform 9 3/4 effect, going through 9 and 10?

Sorry if this is a lot, I haven't been able to lurk the forums lately. But this is all too exciting and I hope any of you can answer these questions! :D

Yeah, and I'll bet Rowling already knew the names of all the shops she never found a place for in the books...and their locations, and the names of the owners, and their family histories, and their favorite flavor of Every Flavor Bean. :lol:

It must be cool for her to have a place to use some of the content she has stored up. (Not to mention the dump trucks full of money. :p)

That really is amazing. She has complete backstories for just about every character even if they were barely in there. There is probably another 7 books worth of content in the stuff we never heard about.

I really hope that train and all it's amazing details can survive day after day of color and rip **** off the walls tourists.

And the two engravings on the wall are soooooo British Empire.... India and Egypt. I believe the designers were trying to convey the magic of the Orient Express.

- - - Updated - - -

1) What is the purpose/what is that bridge thing over Diagon Alley? Is it meant to be a London roadway?
3) How is the brick wall effect being carried out? Also, in the virtual tour, the entrance looks very narrow
4) This might sound silly, but I'm having a hard time comprehending it. As of what I've gathered there are two trains and two tracks. If the train is making a journey (say from London to Hogsmeade) and it stops at Hogsmeade, wouldn't it eventually have to go in reverse to get back to London?

Sorry if this is a lot, I haven't been able to lurk the forums lately. But this is all too exciting and I hope any of you can answer these questions! :D

A train bridge passing over faked in to create shade from Florida sun.
It is indoors.
It's an unknown secret.
Yes, and it will go in reverse.
Yes.

Glad to help you!

1) As described by HTF, the bridge is there to support the transportation of Team Members, particularly those of the entertainment team, but we don't know specifics. It's also meant to emulate a bridge on which trains pass, presumably the Express.
2) It's entirely indoors. Clever lighting and hidden electrical stations will keep it dark, but certain sections will be well lit for guests to proceed safely.
3) According to Jim Hill (and furthermore the Creative team that led him around the construction site), the brick effect will very much be there, but we have no clue as to how it will be accomplished. The entrance is very narrow. It is all very narrow. Expect lots of queues, lots of return tickets, and if you're going in the peak season, lots of frustrated people. Plan wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
4) Both trains will look as though they're departing. The Hogsmeade Station has the main engine stop before it "backs out and heads to London". So, thematically, it makes sense. This is why both of them are facing south. The story has to match each time they arrive/depart.
5) Yes. We've been told it's just a lot of mirrors (take that either figuratively or literally), but I have some reason to believe it'll be more than that, at least thematically.

I really hope they have smoke machines in knocktern alley....EPIC

[video=youtube;AnZVLXVqXHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZVLXVqXHM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.