Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went for a wokk down to the town pe'uh today and the'yuh was this seagull sitting on a pea'uh pilin that told me that the'yuh was a meetin today, behind the scene, regarding 12345 but more specifically, 3. The gull also told me that the man that could force a rune stone to be completely rebuilt and actually make it bettuh was present. Much serie'us discusshin ensued.
Seems like stuff's happinin!

OK...that was interesting. So basically the guy who decided he wanted the Tri-Wizard stage area redone was in Diagon today and has some ideas already on improvements he wants to see? I'm not sure about the 12345 thing.

OK...that was interesting. So basically the guy who decided he wanted the Tri-Wizard stage area redone was in Diagon today and has some ideas already on improvements he wants to see? I'm not sure about the 12345 thing.

I believe "12345" refers to the hint image Teebin posted. So "specifically, 3" would be the stage/show.

And judging by the accent, this involves someone from Boston? Or is that a Jamaican accent? :shrug:

I think it might have been true that they were letting a few very persistent people inside who were hanging around the entrance all day, but basically like you said the public didn't get in until the next week, I agree. That's probably the disconnect here. My experience was the same as yours, and I was hoping for another one like that, but it's sort of looking like that won't happen I guess. We're getting close to 60 days out from some kind of opening.

I was one of those persistent people! ;) It was so worth the wait! There was hardly anyone in the Wizarding World. It was awesome! My next visit was on opening day, and even coming hours before the park opened did nothing for me...still was told we would have to wait nine hours. Yuck.

Sorry I couldn't get back on to help finish the riddle that I started solving but interesting how it played out. I feel useful in one of my posts for once, as far as the accent possibly British?

Sorry I couldn't get a picture of it, but they added a Charing Cross Rd street sign on the small building to the left of Leicester Sq Station.

Loved the new teaser ads released today! :thumbs:

And I'm thoroughly enjoying this new Teebin riddle! :look: A show with a rotating stage on Carkitt Market... Sounds awesome! :cheers:

I was thinking Wicked meets Cirque du Soleil Iris, but my lame attempt at Carkitt Market with a rotating stage came out like this:

CarkittMarket.jpg

Okay, the stage sucks, but I like how the market turned out, even though I'm sure it's nothing like the Wizarding World version. Anybody else want to give it a shot?

Reactions: Descendo
Seems like a lot of work to still be done. Im sure it will be done in time. Seems like they have been painting the white building forever. Every time I walk by it, it looks the same.

I was one of those persistent people! ;) It was so worth the wait! There was hardly anyone in the Wizarding World. It was awesome! My next visit was on opening day, and even coming hours before the park opened did nothing for me...still was told we would have to wait nine hours. Yuck.

My best friend was there on opening day. She got there at 2 am. She was one of the first 50 people in line.

Sorry I couldn't get back on to help finish the riddle that I started solving but interesting how it played out. I feel useful in one of my posts for once, as far as the accent possibly British?

Maine accent... and I was just as bad at typing it as JKR was at typing Hagrid's accent. Drove me bonkers reading those passages.

NO TURNTABLE!

Okay, so assuming no turntable my next guess is that it is a mobile show. We are all thinking theater, but what if the show has no traditional stage?

I was thinking Wicked meets Cirque du Soleil Iris, but my lame attempt at Carkitt Market with a rotating stage came out like this:

CarkittMarket.jpg

Okay, the stage sucks, but I like how the market turned out, even though I'm sure it's nothing like the Wizarding World version. Anybody else want to give it a shot?

That's not lame, at all! I looked at the picture before reading the text in your post and I actually did a double take for a second... And you get bonus points for the Starkid reference :thumbs:

I like the Mirror of Erised look, but I think Teebin is hinting that it will have a more industrial look with the gears and wooden boxes.

The wooden boxes (crates?) could also suggest that maybe the show is tied in to the market aspect specifically... Maybe we'll see merchants selling, and witches and wizards shopping, and suddently it turns into a show? :shrug:

Well even 250 people is not the same as letting the public in, they just saw a group camped out each day and decided to let them in. But anyway, yes, I was hoping that they would do a limited open again, but I don't know what their plans are. They have been very silent this time around.

That's not lame, at all! I looked at the picture before reading the text in your post and I actually did a double take for a second... And you get bonus points for the Starkid reference :thumbs:

Yep, that's Team Starkid. Good eye!

I like the Mirror of Erised look, but I think Teebin is hinting that it will have a more industrial look with the gears and wooden boxes.

I love the idea of a more steampunkish look to Carkitt Market. I am excite!

The wooden boxes (crates?) could also suggest that maybe the show is tied in to the market aspect specifically... Maybe we'll see merchants selling, and witches and wizards shopping, and suddently it turns into a show? :shrug:

Like a wizarding flash mob? :lol: Would love to see actual carts - something along the lines of a Clock of the Time Dragon from "Wicked" (as described in the book, not the musical), but in an Oliver! setting. Or maybe rather than a single cart, a number of carts, some of which feature wizards hawking various items (butterbeer, charms, sweets, etc...), one featuring a Théâtre d'Ombre version of "The Tale of the Three Brothers," and another with a Punch & Judy-style version of "The Fountain of Fair Fortune," and yet another telling the story of "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot." The carts could literally rotate (on wheels) around the area, and would feature rotating gears (like a Gringotts door vault) that automatically open the mini-stage doors, but the shows would also be figuratively rotating in that guests/customers could rotate from cart to cart taking in various shows and buying items. Love it!
:happy:

This is exactly what I had in mind for my imaginary Harry Potter theme park when I began designing it back in 1999. http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/worldofmagic/notes.htm Although it far exceeds my expectations, of course.

Or am I wrong about the carts? :blank:

Last edited:
I am not saying that your ideas are wrong, but they seem a little too out in the open to fall in line with the books given how carefully the wizards have concealed themselves. Then again, this area does take place in some nebulous realm of book 6 and 7 so they might be a bit more out in the open, but probably not so cheerfully given that at the time they are being hunted by Voldemort and the muggles are not such big fans of the wizards to begin with.
My leanings would be more along the lines of concealed wizardry. Maybe a street magician who is actually a wizard or something similar?

but I think Teebin is hinting that it will have a more industrial look with the gears and wooden boxes.

This too is correct, 4 and 5 are meant literally. L I T E R A L L Y.

There are no secret hidden meanings.

I will leave you all to wonder the whats and whys of this show... It's more elaborate than anything at Hogsmeade and quite important to WB and UC.

On the other hand, a certain willow was supposed to be elaborate too. I will reserve judgement. :wave:

I am not saying that your ideas are wrong, but they seem a little too out in the open to fall in line with the books given how carefully the wizards have concealed themselves. Then again, this area does take place in some nebulous realm of book 6 and 7 so they might be a bit more out in the open, but probably not so cheerfully given that at the time they are being hunted by Voldemort and the muggles are not such big fans of the wizards to begin with.
My leanings would be more along the lines of concealed wizardry. Maybe a street magician who is actually a wizard or something similar?

I thought Carkitt Market was an extension of the wizarding world and unaccessible to Muggles, just like Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Also, Voldemort is assumed to be, well, missing in action in the Wizarding World narrative, isn't he? I'm not sure at all that it's set between books 6 and 7. And also, the wizarding world has just invited a ton of Muggles (us) to visit Hogwarts castle and Diagon Alley, so how concerned about revealing a few stories from children's books to us at this point? That said, I love your concealed wizardry idea. Sneaky street wizards hawking questionable wares and doing the occasional covert demonstration would be great. :smiley:

Speaking of muggles, are guests to be treated as muggles in Diagon Alley as they were in Hogwarts? I have to say I don't care much for that narrative, although I understand how it explains why we would be riding magic chairs instead of brooms through Hogwarts. In Diagon Alley, however, is there any logistical reason why we can't be treated as witches and wizards? What use would a muggle have with half the items sold in Diagon Alley, after all? I assume we'll be referred to as muggles on the Hogwarts Express, but doesn't the narrative seem a bit inconsistent? Why not just treat us a late-blooming wizard-folk with an apparition and flying handicap? Gallopin' Gorgons!

What use would a muggle have with half the items sold in Diagon Alley, after all?

Adult muggles must pay for all the items for their wizard children to attend Hogwarts. They also must exchange their money for wizard money at Gringotts in order to shop in Diagon.

I believe Hermoine's parents went with her to Diagon...

Last edited:
.I will leave you all to wonder the whats and whys of this show... It's more elaborate than anything at Hogsmeade and quite important to WB and UC.

I wonder if Carkitt Market will be part one of the sets for the new "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie. That would be fabulous, and a very smart way for Universal to drum up interest for the OTHER major street in the Diagon Alley expansion.

I thought Carkitt Market was an extension of the wizarding world and unaccessible to Muggles, just like Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Also, Voldemort is assumed to be, well, missing in action in the Wizarding World narrative, isn't he? I'm not sure at all that it's set between books 6 and 7. And also, the wizarding world has just invited a ton of Muggles (us) to visit Hogwarts castle and Diagon Alley, so how concerned about revealing a few stories from children's books to us at this point? That said, I love your concealed wizardry idea. Sneaky street wizards hawking questionable wares and doing the occasional covert demonstration would be great. :smiley:

Speaking of muggles, are guests to be treated as muggles in Diagon Alley as they were in Hogwarts? I have to say I don't care much for that narrative, although I understand how it explains why we would be riding magic chairs instead of brooms through Hogwarts. In Diagon Alley, however, is there any logistical reason why we can't be treated as witches and wizards? What use would a muggle have with half the items sold in Diagon Alley, after all? I assume we'll be referred to as muggles on the Hogwarts Express, but doesn't the narrative seem a bit inconsistent? Why not just treat us a late-blooming wizard-folk with an apparition and flying handicap? Gallopin' Gorgons!

Oops, my mistake. I got turned around in my head and for some reason put the market OUTSIDE Diagon Alley. I do still think it would be clever to have a concealed wizardry show outside the alley area in the London facade.

This too is correct, 4 and 5 are meant literally. L I T E R A L L Y.

There are no secret hidden meanings.

I will leave you all to wonder the whats and whys of this show... It's more elaborate than anything at Hogsmeade and quite important to WB and UC.

On the other hand, a certain willow was supposed to be elaborate too. I will reserve judgement. :wave:

I had heard there was rumor of an area where guest wands would trigger effects, could that be what you are referring to? That seems like it would be very important to both WB and UC but I am not sure how it relates to your clues. Edit: for some reason I thought I heard the guest triggered effect area would be in Knockturn Alley but maybe I am mistaken on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.