Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Unless there's a good reason, just speak plainly and tell what you claim to know. Others may enjoy games, but I see it differently.

On a side-note, OI posted today that Diagon still appears behind schedule. He estimates an opening between mid June and late July.

That's still Summer though... :lol:

I agree. Unless there's a good reason, just speak plainly and tell what you claim to know. Others may enjoy games, but I see it differently.

On a side-note, OI posted today that Diagon still appears behind schedule. He estimates an opening between mid June and late July.

And Derek burgan posted that tm's will start training etc in April which lends credence to theme park insiders mid may softs. So one could argue both ways. I believe that what looks behind is mostly cosmetic which can be done in a decent amount of time with added workers. We have no clue what's going on inside in terms of testing.

And Derek burgan posted that tm's will start training etc in April which lends credence to theme park insiders mid may softs. So one could argue both ways. I believe that what looks behind is mostly cosmetic which can be done in a decent amount of time with added workers. We have no clue what's going on inside in terms of testing.

And remember, almost EVERY fantastic interior element was prefabbed months ago, offsite. All shop decorations and props gathered or prefabbed months ago. All hanging signs and exterior decorative elements completed months ago.

Difference here is, I ain't speculating like OI is.

I guess you might be right. Apparently this forum isn't for other members as well because I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know its a discussion board but we should be discussing facts and opinions, not solving riddles. Do that on a separate thread. If anyone agrees with me speak up.

I may be wrong, but I assumed the reason that tip was given in riddle form was because those who are "in the know" are only allowed to give away so much but can hint at things. The riddle was a bit of a wink-wink/nudge-nudge that gave us an idea of what we can look forward to, without the riddler violating any tacit agreement to secrecy.

Either way, I personally enjoyed the riddle and am more excited now about Carkitt Market than I was before. Isn't that one of the main points of this discussion board, to encourage enthusiasm for a shared interest?

That said, maybe we could work out some sort of code to identify serious, factual posts from playful, speculative posts? Sounds like a pain in the rear to me, but I'd rather do that then be told not to post unless I'm being 100% factual,serious, and prosaic about confirmed details.

I would lend more credence to Robert Nile's(TPI) Universal sources than Orlando Informer. Niles usually only puts something out to the public when he has good authority. He has a really great Universal info track record. While I like OI as a site, it seems their info is borrowed from other internet sites. I'm even gambling on Nile's info. On Sunday I booked a week at Portofino starting May 17th. That's in addition to the two weeks I booked in Sept. at the Royal Pacific & Cabana. If the info on the softs doesn't work out that's just more time I'll spend at the pool in the sun. It's been a really long winter here in the northeast.

It's been a really long winter here in the northeast.

Amen to that, I need a vacation in the sun and Diagon would be the best prescription to what the doctor ordered. :lol:

But in regards to the riddle gate, I like riddles and look how much conversation it created trying to figure out what it means. Conversation that is much needed as much of the progress is going on behind the London Facade. Not trying to ruffle any feathers just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I would lend more credence to Robert Nile's(TPI) Universal sources than Orlando Informer. Niles usually only puts something out to the public when he has good authority. He has a really great Universal info track record. While I like OI as a site, it seems their info is borrowed from other internet sites. I'm even gambling on Nile's info. On Sunday I booked a week at Portofino starting May 17th. That's in addition to the two weeks I booked in Sept. at the Royal Pacific & Cabana. If the info on the softs doesn't work out that's just more time I'll spend at the pool in the sun. It's been a really long winter here in the northeast.

Correct... it is a target date that is set in stone even though the stone may have to be pushed around a bit. Syncs with what I heard from within the halls where such decisions are made. That is probably if not definitely where Niles got his info too.

FYI: Projects like this don't only have target dates, they have "absolutely must be open by" dates too. The absolutes can be 2-4 months beyond target for most attractions, but this one probably has a far tighter range per WB contracts. I haven't heard what the absolute is.

Well even 250 people is not the same as letting the public in, they just saw a group camped out each day and decided to let them in. But anyway, yes, I was hoping that they would do a limited open again, but I don't know what their plans are. They have been very silent this time around.

With the Hogsmeade soft openings (there ended up being quite a few), Universal staff would flat out deny the land would open that day--sometimes up to 5 minutes before it actually opened. Also, lines grew to well over 250 people; the first Sunday morning after softs began, the line snaked well into Jurassic Park. TMs walked up and down the line insisting there was no way it would open that day and everyone was wasting their time, then dropped the ropes around noon.

In other words, expect them to be silent about softs this time around, as well.

With the Hogsmeade soft openings (there ended up being quite a few), Universal staff would flat out deny the land would open that day--sometimes up to 5 minutes before it actually opened. Also, lines grew to well over 250 people; the first Sunday morning after softs began, the line snaked well into Jurassic Park. TMs walked up and down the line insisting there was no way it would open that day and everyone was wasting their time, then dropped the ropes around noon.

In other words, expect them to be silent about softs this time around, as well.

During Transformers soft openings, they did the same thing. They kept telling everyone that it wasn't opening. After they opened the queue, they kept denying that the ride won't open and that they opened the queue just to clear the street. As soon as the TM finished the sentence, the door opened.

You're in the wrong place for that kind of talk, buddy. I know you're just trying to be humorous, but come on. It says you've been around since 2010, so you've got to know by now that there are lots of people around here passionate about architecture and the process of construction.

And do we really have to be ignorant teenagers and call people gay? So close-minded. We do have gay users. Oh and female users. Are they supposed to be the experts on architecture? Don't really get where you are going with that one.

Now c'mon now, you know that if you corrected someone in the parks saying "I believe the term is not cupola, but finial" the looks you would get, lol. I'm just making light of that nerdiness. I am gay myself, so you can't pull the "don't offend the gays" card with me.

Construction Update:
_MG_7987_zpsd43e2598.jpg

Thanks for another fantastic pic update, BriMan! :thumbs:
Glad to see the corner from the Sinbad showbuilding facade finally coming down ;-) I've been hoping that would soon happen and for that whole area to be filled with trees.

I may be wrong, but I assumed the reason that tip was given in riddle form was because those who are "in the know" are only allowed to give away so much but can hint at things. The riddle was a bit of a wink-wink/nudge-nudge that gave us an idea of what we can look forward to, without the riddler violating any tacit agreement to secrecy.

:thumbs:

That said, maybe we could work out some sort of code to identify serious, factual posts from playful, speculative posts? Sounds like a pain in the rear to me, but I'd rather do that then be told not to post unless I'm being 100% factual,serious, and prosaic about confirmed details.

Everyone is free to post whichever way they prefer. Welcome to 'Murica and OrlandoUnited! :cheers:
(Just stay within the guidelines, of course...)

But in regards to the riddle gate, I like riddles and look how much conversation it created trying to figure out what it means. Conversation that is much needed as much of the progress is going on behind the London Facade. Not trying to ruffle any feathers just my 2 cents.

Ditto!

Facepalms, all around.

Thanks for another fantastic pic update, BriMan! :thumbs:
Glad to see the corner from the Sinbad showbuilding facade finally coming down ;-) I've been hoping that would soon happen and for that whole area to be filled with trees.

Yeesh, all of this BS and no one would tell me that the finial is on the Sinbad building. You, you, you MONSTERS! I feel used and mistreated. Can I sue someone?

Now c'mon now, you know that if you corrected someone in the parks saying "I believe the term is not cupola, but finial" the looks you would get, lol. I'm just making light of that nerdiness. I am gay myself, so you can't pull the "don't offend the gays" card with me.

It was just a weird thing to say. Didn't make much sense. I don't know about all this "card" nonsense.

Lot of nonsense going around today.

Yeesh, all of this BS and no one would tell me that the finial is on the Sinbad building. You, you, you MONSTERS! I feel used and mistreated. Can I sue someone?

I just realized it myself from a picture Seth posted on twitter nonchalantly saying "nothing new" happening at Hogsmeade Station. This is new to me!

During Transformers soft openings, they did the same thing. They kept telling everyone that it wasn't opening. After they opened the queue, they kept denying that the ride won't open and that they opened the queue just to clear the street. As soon as the TM finished the sentence, the door opened.
Yeah, there were several of us fanbois just hanging waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.