Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing in those numbers is the fact that (in the past anyway) one could get early entry by booking a package through UOR at one of the off site partner (I think that is the word they use) hotels.

There are also times when early entry is expanded to pass holders. So I am just trying to point out that early entry has never been limited to the number of guest at the three deluxe hotels.

Are they no longer offering early entry packages to off-site partners then?

Just looked up room numbers at the onsite hotels: RP has 1000, HR 650, and PB 750. So 2400 total. I would suspect larger families at CB though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see early entry numbers double unless there were thousands of partner hotel guests buying early entry packages who will no longer be able to do so.

I'm wondering, are all of the rooms at Cabana Bay going to be open by the opening of Diagon? I thought some of the resort wasn't finished yet. So that may affect the number of rooms/visitors doing early entry.

I love the Grimmauld Place sign, that will clue a lot more people in. Good idea.

I'm wondering, are all of the rooms at Cabana Bay going to be open by the opening of Diagon? I thought some of the resort wasn't finished yet. So that may affect the number of rooms/visitors doing early entry.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just confirmed that only 600 of the rooms are opening in March, according to online resources. (Yeah Google!) http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-universal-orlando-cabana-bay-resort-20140127,0,3638696.post

So maybe early entry during the soft opening period won't be as much of a nightmare, and perhaps a few non-hotel guests will be let in on the sly after all.

That's correct. I am just speculating that with the added amount of people for early entry, changes could come to how it works. Be it no more early entry for partner hotels, or expanded sections of the park.

Actually, early entry at IOA was just WWOHP and The Carousel last time I checked.

As far as the issue with Cabana Bay's early entry--maybe they'll stagger early entries? For example, CBBR gets early entry with Royal Pacific Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Hard Rock/Portofino get it the other four days? That would limit the amount of people going in and thus preserving the actual benefit of going early (low crowds). Just a guess.

Actually, early entry at IOA was just WWOHP and The Carousel last time I checked.

It would be great if they would open Transformers and/or Despicable Me, too. That might lighten the loads a little.

As far as the issue with Cabana Bay's early entry--maybe they'll stagger early entries? For example, CBBR gets early entry with Royal Pacific Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Hard Rock/Portofino get it the other four days? That would limit the amount of people going in and thus preserving the actual benefit of going early (low crowds). Just a guess.

No way. Express passes and early entry are the main appeal of the on-site resorts (Portofino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific). No one is going to be happy if they pay for a 3-day on-site resort package just to find out the early entry doesn't apply to two of the days. Not even Cabana Bay guests (who pay less but get early entry access, if not express passes) would be happy with that. The only way to keep early entry from being completely nuts is to either not sell partner hotel vacation packages during the soft entry period or the first few months after opening or to open additional attractions for the early entry guests.

My guess it that they will have early one hour entry to both IOA & the Studios. They'll both have Harry Potter lands plus the Hogwarts Express which needs both parks open to operate. That would effectively neutralize the increase of rooms with Cabana opening. And as others have said, they could decrease the number of participating deals with partner hotels. I would think they would reserve the bulk of their deals to their on site hotels where their profit is greater. Cabana opening is a game changer with package deals. They didn't have the onsite capacity and the allure of an economy priced hotel (though it has the amenities of a Disney moderate) to lure in the lower priced packages in the past.

Reactions: TylerDurden
It would be great if they would open Transformers and/or Despicable Me, too. That might lighten the loads a little.

No way. Express passes and early entry are the main appeal of the on-site resorts (Portofino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific). No one is going to be happy if they pay for a 3-day on-site resort package just to find out the early entry doesn't apply to two of the days. Not even Cabana Bay guests (who pay less but get early entry access, if not express passes) would be happy with that. The only way to keep early entry from being completely nuts is to either not sell partner hotel vacation packages during the soft entry period or the first few months after opening or to open additional attractions for the early entry guests.

At Universal they did open Transformers and Despicable Me early for hotel guests actually...in the summer at least.

As to the early entry for Cabana Bay...people will be equally pissed off if their early entry is completely overcrowded with other hotel guests, but you're right. Maybe they could do like they do at Disneyland...one morning DL has early entry, the next DCA. Except at Universal both parks open early for entry, but which hotels can access each park swithces off. So maybe two hotels get early access to Universal one morning, the other two get IOA that same morning. Or they could just open more attractions. As it is, with four hotels getting early access to what amounts to four attractions (maybe 3 assuming they don't run HE that early) is a crowd.

Hogwarts Model

510b84b4-689c-433d-b9fc-b37d0ef32089_zpsc8d3d4bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Hi everyone. Here is my model for all the HP fanatics. It took about 5-6 months to make and the Great Hall is molded from plaster blocks. (lego size) I'm working on Diagon Alley now.

- - - Updated - - -

4def49e5-9f61-44fd-bd1e-5aa390974091_zpsfb1872b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] This is the long view. I also made Hagrids Hut and the Owlry after this picture was taken. Hope all the HP fans like.

Reactions: Magistra
You guys are also assuming that every guest at the on-site resorts will be doing early entry. There are many who take advantage of it, but there are also many people who prefer to get a good chair at the pool early in the morning and hit the parks when it cools down later in the day. Cabana Bay opening won't flood with Early Entry guests. There will be an increase of course but not like how you guys are talking.

You guys are also assuming that every guest at the on-site resorts will be doing early entry. There are many who take advantage of it, but there are also many people who prefer to get a good chair at the pool early in the morning and hit the parks when it cools down later in the day. Cabana Bay opening won't flood with Early Entry guests. There will be an increase of course but not like how you guys are talking.

Actually, because Express is not offered for Cabana Bay hotel guests, early entry is MORE of a perk than it is for current hotel guests. Add to that the fact that this hotel is quite large and you're looking at a pretty sizeable influx of park guests to early entry. No, the turnout won't be 100%, but when the only sizeable in-park perk of the hotel is early entry, there are going to be more people that will utilize it. The current crowds during early entry aren't an accurate model of what we can assume will happen when Cabana Bay opens up.

wow, looks good ParkAve. i bet that took some time to build.

Thanks!
This is the first model I have EVER made. I started with the Great Hall and mixed, molded, baked, and glued all the blocks to make the wall and windows. The molds are from silcone re-usable flexible that you can use a zillion times. Each mold has maybe 10 little blocks. I takes 30 minutes per cycle and then 2 days to dry out. Then I scaled everything off that. I'm making Diagon Alley shopes now...but, I'm running out of room!

Just curious but does anyone remember if transformers and despicable me were open for early entry during there soft openings or did the extra hour come after there official openings? I do know AP previews were before the parks opened during softs for these rides but I'm unsure about hotel guests.

[HASHTAG]#PotterWatch2014[/HASHTAG]
3/20 Park Update

13294825574_73547606d3_b.jpg

13294601713_0b39ecc31a_b.jpg

13294804914_19b69fe18b_b.jpg

13294587083_de6c619800_b.jpg

13294580533_6992fe8cf5_b.jpg

13294574603_1f138c61db_b.jpg

13294426414_82dd1a0ca7_b.jpg

13294045925_0f55b3576d_b.jpg

13294414144_3b7d144859_b.jpg

13294401544_a76cb5beeb_b.jpg

In the above picture I'd like to point out the guy middle frame aiming his camera above the wall,
and I also like to point out that none of my pictures are achieved in this manner.

13294015915_cc34f9cc8c_b.jpg

13294166483_215b0cdce3_b.jpg

Grimmauld Place

13294369394_d663e2e50b_b.jpg

13294363264_0187283c24_b.jpg

13294147663_cdf91b951d_b.jpg

13294141633_e2d0c8db7c_b.jpg

13294345434_2c25c1b50e_b.jpg

13294118103_1e9f4e5707_b.jpg

"Charing Cross RD" and a sign in the window saying "Office to Let"

13294333374_6978393242_b.jpg

13294095073_e3d2996f85_b.jpg

Reactions: Doug A.
I dunno, not many people use early entry as it is. Most families have a hard time getting everybody up and to the park by 8am. Some will make the effort for Diagon, but we'll see I guess.

I dunno, not many people use early entry as it is. Most families have a hard time getting everybody up and to the park by 8am. Some will make the effort for Diagon, but we'll see I guess.
Good point. When we've gone early entry there's generally just a few hundred people there at opening. But it starts getting more crowded about 45 minutes in. Of course, we're not there in the summer or Christmas holiday season. The first few months will probably be pretty crazy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.