Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm nice find. I don't know what else they would be announcing clues for besides for the theme park. So it looks like the final announcement may be on May 16th on the TV show? That's a possibility.

It could be part of a contest. Each day there's a clue, and the person who mails in a postcard with all clues correctly answered gets put into a drawing for an all-expense paid vacation to Universal Resort. That would explain why the Today Show filmed earlier - so they have video clues for their sweepstakes. If they were allowed to film in sensitive areas, Universal may have told them to hold off until the official opening day announcement is made, or until a particular commercial is made public or something.

Mercy... I learned something fascinating today from someone here... and soon you will all find out who. Excellent find although I remain vexed.

Such a tease! Can you at least tell us when we might hear further information? It's maddening to have someone announce that they have just found out something fascinating that they cannot tell you.

Last edited:
Such a tease! Can you at least tell us when we might hear further information? It's maddening to have someone announce that they have just found out something fascinating that they cannot tell you.

It's not that big!... Just something that I have been yelping about. Someone here found more than just a simple answer to my query. It guarantees what else is coming to this project but has not yet been seen. It's kinda cool. He was logged on a moment ago... not sure why he isn't posting as I asked him to.

My website is still down but I'll just post the picture I took today through another means. Noticed this on one of the lamps this morning:

20140505%20064.jpg

So, I googled the name and found the manufacturer's info:

http://www.castiron.co.uk/

And if you click their brochure PDF you find something interesting on page 2: http://www.castiron.co.uk/brochures/CI-Catalogue.pdf

Reactions: natespf
I'm so confused. Since they are replicas, doesnt that just mean that the original fixtures were made by the company and these were just molded with the logo? Also, how does their brochure prove that those benches are whats coming to the park?

Was that leaky sign present in the later films? I was only familiar with the silhouette version.
Interesting notion regarding lenticular. We shall all wonder and wait.

I wasn't sure if anyone answered this yet(I'm playing catch up) but that sign was seen in the first movie. Harry's first trip to Diagon with Hagrid. I wished they had used that building facade as well, it was awesome.

Regarding the Leaky sign, it looks to me like they have a couldron graphic and/or painting under plexi glass that has been frosted on the front side. This would allow the graphic to be seen clearly only when you are facing it directly. All other angles, like the above would appear to be foggy and less visible. Just my thoughts. We do this at the television station I work at all the time as to avoid glare and reflection.

^ Thanks GAcoaster!

Cast iron literally only refers to the manufacturing process of casting these in a mold out of iron. The mold very well could have been hollow at certain points. But without a doubt these are cast something, as it's the only way to make them that makes sense.

Oh and the reason for mentioning being able to see the Dragon crane from Battery Park, by Transformers is because I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see the Dragon clear as day from across the lake over the London facades...

Status
Not open for further replies.