Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, there's more at the end of the video

BnD7qVOIIAAK4VW.jpg

BnD8DDZIcAA1QhE.jpg

Lots of exciting stuff! Sorry about the delay, work let me out very late tonight.

In addition, the spell system with the interactive wands is not just one in which aspiring witches and wizards will be guided to locations with distinguishable marks. A lot of easter eggs will be told to the employees in the area, and therefore the only way to gain knowledge of certain spells will be to speak to the TMs. However, from what I've been told, the TMs will be instigating the spells, so they'll tell guests that if 'they were real wizards/witches/magic folk, they'd be able to perform the right spell to make a certain action happen'. It won't be as guided as it is in Ollivanders. I've also been told that Bluetooth is incorporated into the design of the wands, and there is more confirmation of a kinect-type system being used alongside it.
The way it is said that TM's will be instigating spells, does this mean that there will be one stationed at each location and they will trigger the effect? Because, if so, the Kinect system seems pointless

Yea, I was expecting the bank interior to look more like Teebin's pic- looks kind of small, and no reason for the columns to be out front like that. Be yes the detail is really good. Methinks we don't know everything yet.

The way it is said that TM's will be instigating spells, does this mean that there will be one stationed at each location and they will trigger the effect? Because, if so, the Kinect system seems pointless

I think he is saying some of the effects will be administrated by TMs. I was assuming the wands would have an RFID chip to verify they are authentic and then a Kinect like system to identify the proper movement of the wand. If they are Bluetooth I am not sure how the specifics would work out, it would allow 2 way communication (RFID is 1-way, just for authentication) but would they put a gyroscope in each wand to detect for the proper movements? For the wands, Kinect makes more sense to me than Wiimote. Especially since the latter would require batteries, the former would not (it's magical, don't even need to turn it on).

Not sure if it has been talked about, but how frequently will there be wand stalkers? People without wands waiting at wand effects, or following those with wands around DA.

Last edited:
I was at USF for the first time in a month today and everything looks amazing, it seems ready to open very very soon and I'm excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that the whole hall has been slightly redesigned. The columns were behind the bank desks in the films.

Gringotts-Wizarding-Bank.jpg

I hope it is longer than in the Today clip.

I'm assuming this is in order to maximize space and "open things up" for the lines down the middle of the room. Push the desks back and there's more room.

Interesting that you should mention this one... especially today. :blank:

The sneak peak of Gringott's queue looks amazing, but I am now more interested in Teebin's post. Universal gained the rights? Disney gained the rights? No one gained the rights?

Thought this was funny on the Today Show page:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Answer does not affect chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes runs from 5/13/14 at 8:00:00 A.M. ET to 5/19/14 at 7:59:59 A.M. ET. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/day. Prize restrictions apply. To enter, and for full Official Rules and prize details, go to http://www.today.com/sweepstakes.

So enter away folks!

I think the switchbacks will be the big city standard brass poles and velvet rope deal aka stanchions... meaning they will be movable.

stock-photo-red-carpet-with-velvet-rope-barrier-and-shiny-brass-stanchions-70016317.jpg

Magnetic bases on the poles could keep the stanchions in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.