Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of exciting stuff! Sorry about the delay, work let me out very late tonight.

Alright, let's get down to business.

First and foremost, costumes. There are a few that have been described to me by certain sources, and all of them appear to be quite excited with the outcome. For Borgin & Burkes, the costumes are as dark as the literature calls. For men, a very nice criss-cross laced top, black boots and pants, and a very nice cloak, all of which will be crowned with a top hat. For women, a similar costume ensues, but with a Stevie-Nicks-esque shawl and a witch's hat. Florean Fortescue's and Madam Malkin's will be sharing a very floral and ornate getup, with presumably less features on the ice cream shop's costume due to food safety standards. As for Gringotts Bank, an almost pleather vest with a nice tie will compliment the slacks, and the vest will rest on a white shirt.

In addition, the spell system with the interactive wands is not just one in which aspiring witches and wizards will be guided to locations with distinguishable marks. A lot of easter eggs will be told to the employees in the area, and therefore the only way to gain knowledge of certain spells will be to speak to the TMs. However, from what I've been told, the TMs will be instigating the spells, so they'll tell guests that if 'they were real wizards/witches/magic folk, they'd be able to perform the right spell to make a certain action happen'. It won't be as guided as it is in Ollivanders. I've also been told that Bluetooth is incorporated into the design of the wands, and there is more confirmation of a kinect-type system being used alongside it.

In a less exciting note, the amount of team leaders assigned for each location is VERY high (these TMs are not managers, but rather supervisors). I'm hearing 15 TLs for EACH of the train stations, and around 18 for Gringotts. Universal is READY for angry guests and the masses. They will definitely not be making any mistakes this time around.

And I know everyone is super antsy regarding softs. Do not worry, they are coming, and pretty damn soon. Universal wants to give the area as much exposure to guests as possible. I can't give specific dates, but there is something planned for certain TMs on the 25th, so expect them to be a short while afterwards.

I'd like to give out more information, but this is all I can say for now. There is MUCH more artistry and preplanning this time around. And another thing: expect the Wizarding World to continue in its growth, but I guess that's not really any news. :thumbs:

P.S. I hope you're ready to finally use wizard currency. And Gringotts seems to be more and more accepting of muggles opening their own bank accounts there...

Stingy goblins.

I do believe this is in order . . . . :died:

Great info Violarium thanks for sharing, this thing is getting real close now. I'm looking forward to these next few weeks all the finishing touches and details and then the opening and photos that will bring before finally getting to visit myself in September, exciting times ahead. It doesn't even seem that long ago since we were discussing Jaws closing, unless you remember back to Disneyheads info way back in phase one.

Any ways, thanks again for the great report Violarium.

PS :died:

I'd like to give out more information, but this is all I can say for now. There is MUCH more artistry and preplanning this time around. And another thing: expect the Wizarding World to continue in its growth, but I guess that's not really any news. :thumbs:

Forbidden Forest and Fantastic Beasts in IOA and Ministry of Magic in the Studios seem like good possibilities.

A thrid and possible fourth phase of Potter? When do we stop and let other properties in? I mean I'm all about the demolition of Fear Factor and the rest of LC, but it will be really a Potter centric resort. I'm really surprised there hasn't been a Harry Potter wing added to one of their hotels.

A thrid and possible fourth phase of Potter? When do we stop and let other properties in? I mean I'm all about the demolition of Fear Factor and the rest of LC, but it will be really a Potter centric resort. I'm really surprised there hasn't been a Harry Potter wing added to one of their hotels.

I'm okay with that. In fact, I would never have visited Universal in the first place if it weren't for Potter. Besides, with the kind of cash Potter brings in, there is an even better chance they will actually have the money to add new properties and update or extend old properties. Win/win.

OI also posted:

And an owl just dropped off this message:

"Universal had planned to film live for the Today Show today at USF and planned to announce an opening date. It seems they ran into an issue - I'm not sure what it is that made them not sure about an opening date, but they had to pull the plans. The filming they did yesterday will be used for ads or promos, but I'm not sure to what extent. A major concern seems to be Escape from Gringotts: it had a derailment recently as well as a major problem with one of the complex show scenes with moving track components (a ride vehicle went backwards when it should not have). They are also still a ways away from the required number of cycles before it can open."

Please note that messages from owls are unofficial

Ok... hmph... I maligned this post recently and now I must sincerely apologize. There is some truth in the post after all, although it sounds much worse actually. It appears that during a track run through, one car didn't appreciate being attached to the other car and so, all of a sudden, it wasn't.

Because of the complexities of the track switches etc. pieces of train and/or props and/or sets went flying helter skelter as parts of cars were in the wrong place at the wrong time. In short, it was a horror show.

My conjecture: This aligns with other rumors that I have heard that the tippy track thing is having issues, so perhaps cars disengaged during the dip and slide.

Transformers, Despicable Me, Simpsons, Kong.

Yup, they're having trouble getting other properties in. Lol

Ok... hmph... I maligned this post recently and now I must sincerely apologize. There is some truth in the post after all, although it sounds much worse actually. It appears that during a track run through, one car didn't appreciate being attached to the other car and so, all of a sudden, it wasn't.

Because of the complexities of the track switches etc. pieces of train and/or props and/or sets went flying helter skelter as parts of cars were in the wrong place at the wrong time. In short, it was a horror show.

My conjecture: This aligns with other rumors that I have heard that the tippy track thing is having issues, so perhaps cars disengaged during the dip and slide.

I've heard Gringotts is cycling fine, fwiw. And has been cycling for full days

More of a decoupling than a derailment, and not nearly as severe as an earlier track vs car incident months earlier. I have faith that they have gotten it (maw it for it...) back on track ! ;-)

Transformers, Despicable Me, Simpsons, Kong.

Yup, they're having trouble getting other properties in. Lol

I've heard Gringotts is cycling fine, fwiw. And has been cycling for full days

I'm not saying they don't have other gerat properties, I am saying they are giving a TON of space for other properties to Potter. It's great if you are a potter fan, but what about all the people that arent?

Show us a property that has created an entire, interesting, beautiful world like Potter and is just as popular to the masses and I'm sure they'd consider it. Otherwise it's going to be Potter... I mean they teach freaking college courses on it.

I wasn't a potter fan until I visited in 2012.

I wasn't a Potter fan (hadn't read the books or seen the movies and, frankly, wasn't interested) until Hogsmeade opened, and I now consider myself an HP fanatic. I think it's entirely possible to adore a ride/area without first having an appreciation of its source material.

I'm sure y'all saw this already: Robert Niles posted details regarding the mysterious "Harry Potter" clues to be shown on the Today Show next week. It's a sweepstakes! Winners get all-expense-paid trips to the grand opening of Diagon Alley! My favorite part is that one's answers to the daily questions don't even have to be correct to be entered into the lottery. Yes, I will be entering!

http://sweepstakes.today.com/discovering-diagon-alley/coming-soon/

Status
Not open for further replies.