Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume they're going to assign you to an individual cabin so that you wont be able to see the load side once the ride attendant closes you in. Or am I wrong?

Ok so your compartment from the load side will have frosted glass doors. Meaning once your cabin door is closed you won't see out. They will use projectors to project outlines of stuff to make it look like things are right outside your door in the hallways.

Regarding the HE, I am really curious how they are going to transition the windows, especially on the load side. Will one be able to see out from the hallways outside the compartments to the actual load station? If not, will they be projecting from the get-go... meaning, live load platform projections? Are the current load side windows blacked out or clear to the interior?

If not projections on load, how will they transition the windows to projections once loaded?

HE in the films had pull-down window shades and at one point Draco closes them with magic. Could shades be down during load and mechanically retracted once our story unfolds outside? I wouldn't expect projection windows at all on the hallway side. Maybe permanent shades could be in place to avoid this.

Ok so your compartment from the load side will have frosted glass doors. Meaning once your cabin door is closed you won't see out. They will use projectors to project outlines of stuff to make it look like things are right outside your door in the hallways.

Aaah... that solves many problems... but how will they know when the witch with the treats is going by? She would only appear a frosty shadow. Or perhaps this is a theme park attraction that had to bend a few rules and there will be no concession witch. :blank:

I expect to step onto the train and when you look out the back windows you'll see scores of wizards and families getting ready to board the train as such.

If you look at the pictures of the trains from the fly bys, you'll see the back side of the train where the windows would be bulge out a lot for the screens and projections. The way I think they did is that each train car has their our horizontal domed screen, similar to the ones on the Kong attraction in hollywood, and they are permanently affixed to the side of the train.

One of the pictures here shows the buldge on the trains very well.
http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/201...agon-alley-aerial-photos-from-052414-part-ii/

Maybe the windows that are facing the station will be normal windows that view the station, but once you go into your compartment and the doors are shut you won't see them anymore, so they don't have to worry about hiding the backstage. And when you walk into your compartment the fake windows will be showing a simulated view of the other side of the station...

New video from Universal. Mark Woodbury on the creation of Diagon Alley.

Minor Spoilers.

[video=youtube_share;eEWmGL4txcI]http://youtu.be/eEWmGL4txcI[/video]

I have been staring at those squiggly brown things on the table behind the head trying to figure out what they were. It finally hit me that they are the Monster Book of Monster's teeth and whiskers. They appear to be cast silicone.

Reactions: Jenstar
Maybe the windows that are facing the station will be normal windows that view the station, but once you go into your compartment and the doors are shut you won't see them anymore, so they don't have to worry about hiding the backstage. And when you walk into your compartment the fake windows will be showing a simulated view of the other side of the station...
:thumbs:

General feeling on this all now (now now)...

picgifs-doctor-who-8164352.gif

Will it always be daytime (and always the same exact weather conditions) as we travel from park to park and look out windows on the Hogwarts Express?

Or is it possible there wil be an evening/nighttime version once the sun goes down?

I don't think you'll get to Platform 9 and 3/4 until the train is back at KC and all riders from Hogsmeade have exited or nearly exited, therefore maintaining the illusion that it is waiting there just for you.

The problem with that is they have said that we will go through the brick wall 1 at a time. If thats the case, and the first person can't go through the wall until the train is parked and everyone is off the train, it's going to be a massive slowdown. What is it 180 people per train? Even if it only takes a person 5 seconds to go through, that's 15 minutes per train. Actually, that pretty much shows that their will need to be multiple brick wall effects. I think they are going to have to split people into multiple groups to make this work at all.

The problem with that is they have said that we will go through the brick wall 1 at a time. If thats the case, and the first person can't go through the wall until the train is parked and everyone is off the train, it's going to be a massive slowdown. What is it 180 people per train? Even if it only takes a person 5 seconds to go through, that's 15 minutes per train. Actually, that pretty much shows that their will need to be multiple brick wall effects. I think they are going to have to split people into multiple groups to make this work at all.
You know..sometimes a little extra line is worth a little extra magic..I'm all for it, and I will wait for it..It is a memory that people will remember forever..let it happen

Will it always be daytime (and always the same exact weather conditions) as we travel from park to park and look out windows on the Hogwarts Express?

Or is it possible there wil be an evening/nighttime version once the sun goes down?

I always thought it would be cool if simulator-type rides did this, where they conformed their movies to the outside weather conditions. Its totallh impractical, but would be neat. I think that if any attraction were to do this, it'd be this one, but probably only daytime/nighttime settings (if that)...Florida is too fickle to have a rainy simulation too lol.

It has to be a false promise... much like Ollivanders. "All will experience it" can only go so far.

And the wall into Diagon... what will that be... what will one see when they turn around and look at the wall from LC or Malkins? What a tough sell.

Aaah... that solves many problems... but how will they know when the witch with the treats is going by? She would only appear a frosty shadow. Or perhaps this is a theme park attraction that had to bend a few rules and there will be no concession witch. :blank:

I presume we will hear the squeak of the cart's wheels. She'll probably be calling out, asking the students if they want sweets. Might even stop in front of 'our' door and start hawking her wares.

Status
Not open for further replies.