Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have been hush about this until now. I got a tour of Diagon and Knockturn Alleys and Carkitt plus some interior queues/shops a few days ago. I took pictures of some of the last minute corrections that have been demanded plus the notes of what each correction entails. Boy, UC and WB are strict and demanding! Enjoy!

PICT0184_zps9226ed7a.jpg

Bronze patina fail. This isn't what aged bronze looks like. Redetail and paint. See Mark - Nassal for examples.

PICT0187_zps26dc6ebd.jpg

Cast iron doen't look like this. Paint gloss too much. Repaint blacker.

PICT0185_zps214246cb.jpg

Stains do not have this much color. Repaint from scratch... age with watered down black paint stains only!

PICT0181_zps80b05605.jpg

Limestone? Really? Moss inauthentic. Redetail, repaint, re-everything. See Max - WB A&D

PICT0195_zps50671ef6.jpg

Wood grain inaccurate/poorly executed. Contact Jason @nassal for examples. repaint

PICT0177_zpsfd1b95d8.jpg

Poor casting... this is supposed to look like wood, not Papier-mâché. Destroy/redo. See Becky - UC

9dc653e2-3c87-448c-80c4-f04b7893110a_zps121cc0ed.jpg

Have tapestry reprinted with more authentic looking subject matter. Age more. See AG

PICT0200_zps1c7d1a03.jpg

Poor execution. Granite doesn't look like this! Repaint and apply far more watered-down black paint aging.

PICT0198_zps5b4c681c.jpg

Who sculpted this ugly thing? Remove and replace with new designs by AG.

PICT0196_zpsa2529a24.jpg

Where's the soot? Where is the SOOT!!!!!!

PICT0193_zps39f7bf09.jpg

Inauthentic paint job. Needs to look more granite-y. See AG for details/corrections

Last edited:
WOW, how on earth did you manage to keep quiet?

This explains your photoshop pics of the waterfront covered in blue tape.

Any other thoughts and/or observations from your (were all all so jealous) tour?

You trickster you :doh:

Last edited:
I see what you did there on the last pic, lol. But yea, wow they are picky. The average guest would not think anything about some of those issues.
Not contumaciously...remember place making works on a conscious and subconscious level..Universal is all about place making..every detail should be excellent and reflect place..down to the napkins and trashcans

Thanks everyone for the recent pictures! :rep:

Teebin, that was very clever :lol:

ReelJustice, thanks for posting that video! WOW! I've watched it like three times already, pausing throughout :doggie: I just crave being in there so badly! I cannot wait anymore!

New video from Universal. Mark Woodbury on the creation of Diagon Alley.

Minor Spoilers.

[video=youtube_share;eEWmGL4txcI]http://youtu.be/eEWmGL4txcI[/video]

Great video, thanks!

Has anybody been watching Jimmy Fallon? Have they had any clips or new info on that show related to the Tonight Show contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.