Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringotts is really, really far behind I'm hearing. If you go to early softs, you probably will be riding it. Most likely just walking through the queue. I'm talking really behind.

Are you talking really behind.......or REALLY behind?

Mock service this weekend will have team members experiencing everything except Gringots ride (they will get to see the queue though). They will get to try the food, see the shops, see all three shows and ride HE round trip. Wish I worked there...

Gringotts is really, really far behind I'm hearing. If you go to early softs, you probably will be riding it. Most likely just walking through the queue. I'm talking really behind.

I've heard it's behind a few weeks ago, but nothing since then. Last I heard it was ride system installation based.

I'm feeling like the information on these forums lately is just a bunch of bs.... you guys are speculation whores.

If you want speculation go to the locked KidZone replacement thread.

Are they going to have an equipment shuttle for Private ECV's and strollers ? It has been mentioned that if you rent a Universal stroller or ECV you will get a different one on other side.

Mock service this weekend will have team members experiencing everything except Gringots ride (they will get to see the queue though). They will get to try the food, see the shops, see all three shows and ride HE round trip. Wish I worked there...

What are the three shows unless they are including the wand show as one then what are the other two?

I've heard it's behind a few weeks ago, but nothing since then. Last I heard it was ride system installation based.

This ride is probably the reason why we aren't getting an opening date. So much malfunction and clumsiness in the ride system. The other day somehow, one cart bumped into another and a bumper came off. Not even all the full effects are working. I was told there's no way anyone will be riding that until at least the end of June. It might not even be ready for the media.

Diagon TMs only. Those lucky ducks.

image-23.jpg

For some reason, perhaps human nature, there's a lot of panic on these forums right before an attraction opens. Recent case in point was last years Transformers opening. The voices of doom shouted out nearly every day, cars wrecking, elevator's won't work, screen problems, no extended queue covering, capacity problems etc., but everything turned out OK. We need to mellow out a bit.

For some reason, perhaps human nature, there's a lot of panic on these forums right before an attraction opens. Recent case in point was last years Transformers opening. The voices of doom shouted out nearly every day, cars wrecking, elevator's won't work, screen problems, no extended queue covering, capacity problems etc., but everything turned out OK. We need to mellow out a bit.

I believe a lot of the issues were true, but not recent. The info leaks as a project is wrapping up, "you wouldn't believe this!" stories.

It's not that there aren't problems with the project, just some info is lagging behind newer reports.

The origin of rumors are interesting..A vehicle missing a block break section turns into Vehicles are flying everywhere out of control in the building turns into vehicle crashed and flames turns into No Gringotts ride ever...I have taken a custom to ignoring the rumors altogether..every ride has programming issues when it is in the testing phase..especially complex attractions like Transformers and Gringotts..

One minute you are screeching for info and then next you slap us in the face and call us speculative whores. Where's the happy balance?

Yes, I do love "screeching" for facts such as visual proof of dragon wings, not speculating for days weather or not the Hogwarts express is going to hold up to capacity needs or why Universal would choose not to cover and theme the entire extended queue for Gringotts or IF Gringotts is really holding this whole expansion back or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.