Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a little unfair to compare to Disney attractions. What is HE comparable to at Universal? That would provide a more clear idea of what to expect as far as lines go considering Universal is much smaller than Disney and has more attractions than DHS or AK.

USF has more guests going to it than DHS. TSMM is a good comparison, but HE will have much, much larger demand.

I wonder why HTF thought otherwise...

During the last round of Hogwarts Express info given out during March, they confirmed there will be 8 to a cabin.

- - - Updated - - -

No it isnt, because theres less attractions and therefore less distribution of people, meaning longer lines for popular rides.

You assume that all attractions have equal demand from the public. If a ride's wait depended on the amount of attractions in a park, ever ride at the MK would have a 10 minute wait.

- - - Updated - - -

You assume that all attractions have equal demand from the public. If a ride's wait depended on the amount of attractions in a park, ever ride at the MK would have a 10 minute wait.

Transformers, Mummy, Gringotts, Men in Black, HRRR, and even Simpsons are high-demand attractions. DHS doest even have an equivalent to Gringotts, let alone the other rides aside from Rock n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, and arguably Star Tours.

Long story short, I doubt HE will be the nightmare thats being predicted here. Yeah itll be bad on opening day, but I highly doubt itll have TSMM type waits year-round.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31116-1332427366-9.gif

Transformers, Mummy, Gringotts, Men in Black, HRRR, and even Simpsons are high-demand attractions. DHS doest even have an equivalent to Gringotts, let alone the other rides aside from Rock n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, and arguably Star Tours.

Long story short, I doubt HE will be the nightmare thats being predicted here. Yeah itll be bad on opening day, but I highly doubt itll have TSMM type waits year-round.

It's also unprecedented in that it's a ride that takes you out of the park you just entered and walked halfway through. So it's hard to tell just WHEN the demand for this will be. It's not something I see people running to at rope drop, unless they're purposefully starting in the opposite park they want to spend most of the day in.

This is GOOD news. I was saying months ago how terrible the capacity is going to be for Hogwarts Express. It's also going to be a terrible line to stand in with only occasional spurts of movement. At least limiting it on peak days somewhat helps with capacity.

1200 is also for the total ride capacity (both queues, both parks). At least if they prevent round trips it somewhat negates the double riding and a further halving of the capacity.

The sprint is going to be for Hogwarts Express in the mornings (once people realize it has the longest lines), Gringotts will be a breeze by comparison!

1200 is also for the total ride capacity (both queues, both parks). At least if they prevent round trips it somewhat negates the double riding and a further halving of the capacity.

No, 1200 is for each train, meaning 1200 per side.*

*EDIT: That's also the BEST case scenario. The ride could very well be under 1200 per side

They have a fabric covered box around it.Like the ground cover fabric /mesh .
You can see the tail sticking up above it.
If you sit a the last few table in Springfield in front of Comic shop facade You will see it great.

Will we even see the wings installed before the dome section gets put in? It seems like they're setting up the dome part now if I was to guess.

The thing I am wondering about is how will the public handle this ride. Will they treat it as any other ride or will it be treated more like the Monorail at Disney as a means to get from one park to the other?

If the public views this as a ride, then the line is going to be a nightmare simply because of the way the line will move. You will stand in one spot for a long time and then get a nice big move and then stop again for a long time. Limited it to one ROUND TRIP ride per person during peak times will be needed! As long as guests can return to the park they left, I don't think many people will complain about the limit. If the line gets to the point where this type of limit is needed, I don't see how people would want to wait in the line a third time (they will have waited at IOA and US) anyways. If the line is 3 hours at each park, that's SIX HOURS of waiting for ONE ride. Most people would not want to wait another 3 hours, lol.

If guests view this more like a monorail to get from one park to the other, the line won't be as bad. I can see a lot of people entering the parks in the morning and not even attempting to ride this. During the middle of the day it will see the big rush as people try and switch parks but even then I think most people would rather walk to the other side instead of waiting for a long time to switch parks. I could see between 2-6 being the worst times during the summer because by then most people will have finished one park and want to hit some rides at the other.

Time will tell how people view this "ride". It could be REALLY bad, or just kinda bad...

It's also unprecedented in that it's a ride that takes you out of the park you just entered and walked halfway through. So it's hard to tell just WHEN the demand for this will be. It's not something I see people running to at rope drop, unless they're purposefully starting in the opposite park they want to spend most of the day in.

Exactly. Mr Doomsday isnt taking a few things into account. I think it will seriously be fine guys.

No, 1200 is for each train, meaning 1200 per side.*

*EDIT: That's also the BEST case scenario. The ride could very well be under 1200 per side

Yeah. I was just about to say, it's 1200 per side, not 1200 total.

What was the last word we got on the length of the ride experience? By my calculation, that capacity is assuming a roughly 8 minute cycle.

Last edited:
^it was a joke :lol:

Im sure the lines will be terrible...during the opening summer. But 1200 is really not that bad for Universal Studios. And for a transportation ride. And with Gringotts right next door. I believe your estimates on capacity and your comparisons, but understanding the difference between the Disney parks and the Universal parks, I just am a little more optimistic about its lines. If Universal had as many headliners as DHS, I'd think Toy Story is a good comparison, but Universal has many more popular ways to disperse crowds.

True, at DHS, Toy Story is one of the few rides small children can ride who aren't tall enough for Tower of Terror or RnR. And just the lack of rides in general there. A good number of shows, but as far as rides with fastpass, there aren't that many there, so all the parents stampede for Toy Story, lol.

Will we even see the wings installed before the dome section gets put in? It seems like they're setting up the dome part now if I was to guess.

The dome and the dragon are in the box .A guess from the shadows thrown .
The shadow looks dragonish .
The storyboards show the dragon on the dome but in the movie it blasts up through the dome.

They would not have the tail on if they were just installing dome?

The storyboards show the dragon on the dome but in the movie it blasts up through the dome.

It actually blasts through the big dome behind the dragon and then lands on the small one up front in the movie. They're doing the same thing in the park but we won't be able to see the big broken dome from the outside because they didn't actually build it and once you get inside Gringotts the dragon supposedly hasn't escaped yet so the dome intact. They DID however include it on the website.

I hope that helps. :thumbs:

Image1-6.png

Hogwarts Express is really unlike any other ride since we're basing its capacity like its "two" different attractions. If you look at its total capacity of 2400, that's not bad. Of course it'll be crowded like crazy opening week and during max times in the summer & holidays, but it shouldn't be all that bad on moderate to slow days. 2400 hundred people, if you compare it to "single" attraction rides, is decent capacity. This is a different animal so it's really not fair to say it's capacity sucks by comparing it to all the other attractions that have one entrance. I look at it as two entrances for one attraction to be fair. I'm sure it will be only listed as one attraction, not two, by Universal. It's "Hogwart's Express", not" Hogsmead Hogwart's Express" & "London Hogwart's Express".

Status
Not open for further replies.