Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down!!!! These things always work themselves out. Probably not true but if it is they'll reverse course almost immediately. The wait is gonna be so long that most people will only get one trip on it anyway. Don't worry about this rumor! It will all be fine!!!

What??? What are you guys talking about? The HE attraction? The calculated numbers were fine a year ago. And who ever said anything about a third train?

I don't know anything about a thrid train, and I'm not exactly sure what calculated number you're speaking of.

I've heard the best case scenario for HE capacity is 1200 per side per hour

- - - Updated - - -

Capacity issues and such aside, the ride is amazing. That's the most important thing

I don't know anything about a thrid train, and I'm not exactly sure what calculated number you're speaking of.

I've heard the best case scenario for HE capacity is 1200 per side per hour

- - - Updated - - -

Capacity issues and such aside, the ride is amazing. That's the most important thing

It very well may be amazing, but if this rumor is true will the average park goer find it amazing enough to pay for a multi day park to park ticket when for them universal is general just a side dish to their main course(Disney). Not ruffling feathers cuz I do love universal, but to ride the ride they are already requiring a park to park ticket. If the normal guest is only going for a day, to fully enjoy the amazing ride they will have to tack on another day, for a family of four we are talking hundreds of additional dollars. This may be the difference between visiting the parks and not visiting at all.

I would say that MOST out of town families that are spending the money on a mult-park ticket would be staying more then one day..but who knows. They would still have to buy 2 days worth of tickets over 1 day at the park, 1 day at the pool. That's what a lot of FL residents do. Including myself.

It very well may be amazing, but if this rumor is true will the average park goer find it amazing enough to pay for a multi day park to park ticket when for them universal is general just a side dish to their main course(Disney). Not ruffling feathers cuz I do love universal, but to ride the ride they are already requiring a park to park ticket. If the normal guest is only going for a day, to fully enjoy the amazing ride they will have to tack on another day, for a family of four we are talking hundreds of additional dollars. This may be the difference between visiting the parks and not visiting at all.

Aaaaaaaaaand welcome to the business side of theme parks :thumbs:

They don't care you only paid for a one day park...if you REEEEALLY wanna ride it, you'll pay the extra.

Didn't realize it was a one-time ROUND trip. Eckert's post about limitations on going from Hogsmeade to Diagon made it seem like it was one-way, one-time. That's better, but still unorthodox. The rumor should be false, I doubt this would happen.

I think when it comes down to it, it'll be one ride each way per day which will alleviate a lot of the complaints. But if it is really is one ride period per peak day, it sounds like the thing to do will be to stay on site, get to the park really early so you can be one of the first ones on the train. Then as soon as you get off, see if you can get back in line on the other side before the park opens to the public and the wait times reach whatever threshold they are going to use to determine that its a peak day. Still may not work, but it's what I'd try if I could only be there one day.

How would they even begin to police that?

Orlando Informer also said a Gringotts train flew off the track. Let's keep this in perspective, people.

The idea would be to have scanners at the beginning of the queue to scan tickets, similar to how they scan express pass

Maybe the rumor got lost in translation....I think the more actual possibility would be a waiting period BEFORE you can ride again.

In other words...you take the train from USF to IOA...now you have to wait XX amount of time before you can ride back. This way it prevents people from strictly getting off and getting back on.

I think a 2 hour waiting period to explore IOA would be sufficient enough IMHO.

Seriously!!!!! I don't see this rumour having any legs.

Forcing people to pay a 2 park ticket for one 4/5 min ride is ludicrous.

I call shenanigans.

keep-calm-and-call-shenanigans.png

"While I don't have a copy of it, I saw today that on the extended press release by Universal in peak times guests will be restricted to only 1 (one) ride per day on the Hogwarts Express."

"One ride at all unfortunately. However in peak the ability for a person to ride it multiple times is unlikely.

I have known about this from internal sources for a few weeks but thought it was confidential internal information and therefor could not release it, only tonight did I learn it was tucked away in the extended press release about the HE"

That is the direct rumor quote from the orlando informer website. I posted it to try and clear up any confusion in regards to the actual rumor itself.

I didn't want to believe this so I started looking up the approved talking points - AKA what Team Members are allowed to tell the public... it's true. Clear as day.

Universal is planning on limiting it to 1 one-way journey per day during peak times. Peak can be assigned to any day, at any time, for any reason. There is no list of which days will be Peak or not.

It says that additional rides will be handled on a stand-by basis. But without an express line, wouldn't it all technically be stand-by?

I'm *hoping* this is just a safety net. Just in case things get crazy like they did for Hogsmeade. But I guess time will tell...

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Status
Not open for further replies.