Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently there is a new restriction to the hogwarts express during oeak times that will only allow park goers to ride the express one way per day.

So apparently there is a new restriction to the hogwarts express during oeak times that will only allow park goers to ride the express one way per day.

Thats ridiculous. Its a unique ride each way right? I really hope that isnt true or Universal is gonna have a lot of pissed off guests the first weeks of opening.

- - - Updated - - -

From Hogsmeade to London to prevent the influx of people trying to get on the train when Diagon Alley opens up.

That shouldnt matter should it? Doesnt Kings Cross exit out into the area outside of Diagon? If guests from the train are dumped out into Universal and the generic waterfront area, why would crowd control for Diagon be an issue? Not to mention they can ONLY have as many people coming INTO one park as they have going OUT. Thats just the nature of the 2-vehicle operation.

Thats ridiculous. Its a unique ride each way right? I really hope that isnt true or Universal is gonna have a lot of pissed off guests the first weeks of opening.

It's an attempt to have better crowd control. They will apparently have ticket scanners which will say if the guest has ridden the express that day already.

- - - Updated - - -

That shouldnt matter should it? Doesnt Kings Cross exit out into the area outside of Diagon? If guests from the train are dumped out into Universal and the generic waterfront area, why would crowd control for Diagon be an issue? Not to mention they can ONLY have as many people coming INTO one park as they have going OUT. Thats just the nature of the 2-vehicle operation.

They probably don't want wait times for the express to reach Anna and Elsa levels. Not that I agree with doing this though.

Small print says the rumored one way per day is for peak times only.

Yeah...how is that supposed to be any better? Peak time=more paying customers. More paying customers=more people wanting to ride the major rides. Ride restrictions=less happy guests. Less than happy guests during peak times=a TON of unhappy guests.

Yeah...how is that supposed to be any better? Peak time=more paying customers. More paying customers=more people wanting to ride the major rides. Ride restrictions=less happy guests. Less than happy guests during peak times=a TON of unhappy guests.

Which = headaches, headaches, and more headaches. I completely agree with what you're saying. Nevermind the fact you already have to get a park to park ticket to ride the express, now you will have to get a multi day park to park ticket to ride the express in the summer/holiday seasons/first year the new area is open. Universal= green... Green meaning $$$$. This makes my AP even more valuable.

Reactions: TylerDurden
They probably don't want wait times for the express to reach Anna and Elsa levels. Not that I agree with doing this though.

It would honestly be impossible for this to happen. For one thing, Universal's attendance levels is a far cry from Magic Kingdom's. Even if Universal did warrant the same amount of interest, it physically cant handle as many people as MK does. Furthermore, a large shuttle is going to have a better capacity than a meet and greet, where one kid at a time is given a full experience. Even more importantly, the HE has to "compete" with Gringott's...its not bearing the full burden of opening day crowds.

Also, because its a two-way system, its never adding guests to any one park...just moving them around. While 100 extra people getting dumped into the Studios on peak days may seem like a bad thing, you have to remember that that means 100 just left. I dont see how this proposed "solution" would solve anything and its a huge bummer if it turns out to be true.

Small print says the rumored one way per day is for peak times only.

so basically, you won't be able to ride more then once a day the first year it's opened. If you plan on going on a weekend or holiday time, or "THE GRAND OPENING" you will be out of luck..

Wow..that has to sting just a little bit...no?

How bad is this thing capacity wise? I thought this was already discussed and determined to be ok? So the restriction is just going to be no rides back to Diagon if you've already ridden from Diagon over to Hogsmeade?

the biggest issue I see here is people getting a locker in IOA (something I always do, due to all the wet rides). Then not being able to go back to your locker unless you walk all the way around CityPlace. it will also cause confusion to the morons that don't realize both parks are connected.

"How do I get back to my car/hotel/school bus?" will be a popular question.

Of course it ALSO sucks becuase the ride is being touted as a 2 ride experience, yet they are limiting it too 1 ride only. Basically forcing you to visit the park 2 days in order to "fully" experience it.

yeah...not a great idea...but im not sure what else they can really do to help curve capacity.

This was something I thought of WAY back when they rumored this ride system. There is no "great" way too do it. It's going to be a long wait for that train...

if it's true...then those folks planning on hitting the Grand opening won't be riding both ways. Unless you go back the next day. Man, I hope that's not true...

Status
Not open for further replies.