Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're working on getting the ride show ready. All major hurdles have been cleared. It's a "constant ramp up from here". These are exact quotes.

All I'm saying is, there is far too much panic when the ride is able to carry human guests.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm not doubting that they rode last night. But there could easily be more than meets the eye. Or more than some creatives were willing to come clean about.

If they are letting people ride it can't be that bad off. Given the insurance and workers comp issues ridership isn't given lightly. Not to mention if they know there is an issue (even if it's just a suspicion a known issue hasn't been fixed) and allow riders there is a whole legal (civil and criminal) end to it.

If they are letting people ride it can't be that bad off. Given the insurance and workers comp issues ridership isn't given lightly. Not to mention if they know there is an issue (even if it's just a suspicion a known issue hasn't been fixed) and allow riders there is a whole legal (civil and criminal) end to it.
TBH, i'm much more at ease about all of this than most seem to be. I was just sort of playing devil's advocate.

All of the nights are happening as scheduled. I just found it amusing that his "inside source" allowed him to post they are delayed on the very day they start. Really shows how good the info is.

This x20. For everything. From their soft opening projections from nowhere, to made up rumors, to the HE experience that was so vague and full of outs they can say whatever they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it's possible your source had outdated info. Thinking outside the box reveals crazy possibilities. :rolleyes:

People rode yesterday. Do not question this.

Let's all consider "they're behind" can mean a number of things. The ride may be safe to operate with live guests, but the show elements may be behind... meaning that yes, people are riding, but the show isn't where they want it. Two different things, the latter making way more sense looking at all the facts.

I know my word isn't worth much, but I'm also hearing there are some setbacks. Probably nothing that will make them push the ride opening back further than a few days (WAY too late for that), but there are apparently issues of some kind.

Let's all consider "they're behind" can mean a number of things.

SDMT was behind for a bit, then they went from two trains to five trains for cycles. Once you jump the hurdle of mechanical issues, you're home free. SDMT had many issues earlier that caused the May opening, the staging and cycling are the last gremlins of a ride system.

you can see in the latest preview video of them riding gringotts, i don't see how it could be behind at all if it was ready enough for them to ride it

SDMT was behind for a bit, then they went from two trains to five trains for cycles. Once you jump the hurdle of mechanical issues, you're home free. SDMT had many issues earlier that caused the May opening, the staging and cycling are the last gremlins of a ride system.

This is absolutely true - one can be "behind" and still get the ride up to speed relatively on time - that relates to ride system issues *and* show related issues (and again, I suspect this has more to do with the latter since people are riding). There's also a reason there isn't a precise opening date yet, though, even if we have a pretty good idea via promotions.

I think you guys are coming down a little too hard on OI, to be honest. They heard intel. They posted it. They didn't say, "sky is falling, Gringotts is never gonna open, we're looking at another Test Track." They said the ride is behind, which, from what I'm hearing, is correct. Just because you heard something else doesn't mean their info is wrong - they can be coming from different places and perspectives and all be true. Websites don't just post random crap for the hell of it... I don't see you guys giving Screamscape any heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerDurden
I think you guys are coming down a little too hard on OI, to be honest. They heard intel. They posted it. They didn't say, "sky is falling, Gringotts is never gonna open, we're looking at another Test Track." They said the ride is behind, which, from what I'm hearing, is correct. Just because you heard something else doesn't mean there info is wrong - they can be coming from different places and perspectives and all be true. Websites don't just post random crap for the hell of it... I don't see you guys giving Screamscape any heat.

I agree, I'm not arguing against info, I'm arguing against taking old info and applying it to now. "I hear they've had problems so we're probably seeing delays" is a jump when we've seen other information. Also, I have an issue with a site that proclaims that they're for providing information to guests planning visits and they so heavily invest in volatile rumors. I've gotten bad info, I've heard bad info from sites I trusted, I just don't want anyone else to ever deal with what I have ever again.

Needless to say when I'm there in June I can't wait to have a butterbeer ice cream with everyone! :thumbs:

Ginny may have deserved more scree time, but... not Bonnie Wright.

Here, here. Her acting was so flat and unconvincing. She also had zero chemistry with Daniel Radcliffe. In Deathly Hallows, when she tells Harry to 'zip up her dress', my audience broke out in laughter at the lifeless and utterly un-seductive line delivery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.