Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it's been talked about, people who don't care about Potter can use it as a lesser monorail... I imagine the fact it has a show will just make it less boring for those who aren't huge on Potter...
Except you'll be waiting a hell of a lot longer than you would be for a monorail...

So when softs start, will Gringotts be available?

My guess is On June 14/15 we WILL get Gringotts soft openings, on june 6/7; we'll see Diagon open up with the Hogwarts Express but I do believe that This or next week;

Diagon Alley will get a opening date so they can just be sure of it. Hogsmeade; Any day the walls will come down this week on Hogwarts Express entrance. Just keep in mind

that its my opinion as If they did have to push it back; it just had to be a small bit as they most likely have about all of the issues. But; just a guess here.

While the ride is not a thrill level of FJ/Gringotts, the level of detail in the HE experience is possibly unrivaled in Orlando

No arguments there! It will be unbelievably detailed to the highest level we've seen. :thumbs:

I think the only reason they would call it a "train ride" is because you physically end up in another park, so when you ride it you do have to take that into consideration. It becomes a mode of transportation. But, that shouldn't be an insult. It will blow everyone's fricking minds with how incredible it is! It's the first attraction of it's kind, very unique to link 2 parks...so I think it's just hard to categorize.

I'm ready for HE to blow my mind.

So I'm kinda surprised by the lack of live updates today seeing as we are just days from possible softs. Being that one of the major things we are waiting on is the dragon completion... wonder about wing two..

When I compared it to a monorail with a show, I should have said that in normal times... Obviously Potter will be crowded for quite some time now but on a usual day t the resort, a non-potter fan who wants to go to the other park would use it in that manner...
As others have said, that's not a bad thing... As is, many are saying it's much better than a train ride with a show, which makes me incredibly excited... As a Potter fan, the train always felt like a symbol for going home and I imagine many fans will be pleased that that's been recreated...

I feel the train will be booked as part of the entire "potter experience" and will be sold that way to many people who are contemplating a 2 park pass.

Having softs starting on the 14th doesn't make sense to me, as it's just a few days before all the big VIP/media preview days, where nobody else will be allowed in during those days, and then right after that grand opening. So having like 3 days of softs right before all that doesn't really add up. The only way I can see that making sense is if the grand opening isn't going to be til much later, like July, and softs during the last part of June after media events.

Having softs starting on the 14th doesn't make sense to me, as it's just a few days before all the big VIP/media preview days, where nobody else will be allowed in during those days, and then right after that grand opening. So having like 3 days of softs right before all that doesn't really add up. The only way I can see that making sense is if the grand opening isn't going to be til much later, like July, and softs during the last part of June after media events.

I don't know what the timetable is, but soft openings aren't necessary to open the land. If they get a few days in, it's fine.

Also, I expect there will probably be a bit of a gap between the media event and grand opening

They don't need a ton of days to soft open the land. In fact, I think they don't WANT a ton of days. I think they really want to keep the experience "hidden" until grand opening. Sure they have been posting some small videos but nothing has really been shown of MUCH of the land. A few close ups of a few buildings and the very first room of the bank is all we have really been shown. The moment they let the general public in, ALL the secrets are revealed to world and I think they really want to avoid that.

This isn't Universal's first time opening a massive new land. They know the Grand Opening will bring in a massive amount of people. It is simply impossible to test how everything works under these insane conditions. No amount of soft opening's can prepare the TM's for the insane crowds. All they can do is run the rides non-stop to simulate a peak day. You don't need thousands of people riding the ride to simulate how the ride runs. It runs the same with or without people. They can let the TM's ride the ride as guests to test evac operations. Heck, I am sure they even ask certain TM's to act like crazy guests to see how the TM's deal with certain "types" of people.

I still think the reason they are holding off on the opening day announcement is to hopefully prevent it from being a madhouse. At this point, if they open the land around the rumored 18-20th of this month, most employed people won't be able to get time off with such a short notice. Now all they have to deal with is the locals that will call into work sick and the people like myself that are taking a chance hoping it will be opened based on all the best rumors out there.

My best guess is that at some point this week or next week, we will get a grand opening date for right at the end of the press event. If not at the end of the press event, a few days after, but lets face it, you don't invite TONS of press to preview a land and then turn around and invite them back a week or two later to cover the grand opening. The amount of press they have invited from AROUND THE WORLD is crazy. To expect these press members to travel basically back to back for a preview and then grand opening a week later is crazy. Sure, following this logic, they might be planning on doing this preview and then not opening the land for another month, but again, lets face it, if the land is ready for guests to enter, they are going to open it regardless of how many days it was "soft opened". Universal wants to recoup as much money as possible this summer and not opening it until the end of July would be dumb and there is no law saying that a theme park land must be in a "soft open" state for a certain amount of days. Sure the rides have to be tested for a set amount of hours, but that doesn't mean they have to be loaded with guests.

Last edited:
So when softs start, will Gringotts be available?

It's hard to tell, but as it's looking right now only the bank tour will be accessible. Hopefully it will be the same as Hogsmeade with FJ. During employee previews, FJ was not show ready, but the following day the ride became show ready and guests could ride.

It's hard to tell, but as it's looking right now only the bank tour will be accessible. Hopefully it will be the same as Hogsmeade with FJ. During employee previews, FJ was not show ready, but the following day the ride became show ready and guests could ride.

I remember that. I recall a few saying that they were ok with FJ not being open to TMs, but they wanted it open for guests during softs. I guess the same thing will happen again.

Just like no FJ meant no Hogsmead no Gringotts means no DA.

Status
Not open for further replies.