Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Hogwartz Express description? Um, according to Martin himself over on Magic (he can chime in here if he pleases), it's "more or less correct." Upon seeing that confirmation I posted the link to the description on this forum

Is there a review of the HE online now? Can you please post a link?

Im very much into the technology, so I know I'll enjoy it, albeit maybe not for a ton of repeat rides. Just curious, where would you guys say the bulk of enjoyment of Transformers comes from...the fiction or the technology? Or is it something HE is missing altogether?

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to HP. It took me multiple times on FJ to actually understand what the hell is going on. The same with Transformers, but that was less about the complexity of the fiction and more of the Michael Bay-ness of what was going on. I'd kinda hope the story is a little more solid on the HE since it doesn't have any thrill elements to fall back on. But even so, seeing the London trip and all of the other goings on should be interesting.

What do you guys think of them playing the scene where harry first rides the HE in the queue on tvs? That way people that have never seen it could understand what is going on.

Oh, ok. I read that one when it came out, I thought maybe others were starting to experience the ride and were posting their own reviews (to confirm or deny what was posted by OI already). Thanks though!

I don't think we'll hear much of anything from anyone publicly until official soft openings start... people aren't going to want to risk losing their jobs!

What do you guys think of them playing the scene where harry first rides the HE in the queue on tvs? That way people that have never seen it could understand what is going on.

I'm sure that won't happen. It would totally break the immersion. But I could see maybe some type of informational moving posters telling what's going to happen, designed for "first-year students" of course. :thumbs:

Last edited:

That would ruin the experience. When Harry went to Kings Cross, he didn't see himself on screens on the wall. Therefore it would make no sense to do so.

Im very much into the technology, so I know I'll enjoy it, albeit maybe not for a ton of repeat rides. Just curious, where would you guys say the bulk of enjoyment of Transformers comes from...the fiction or the technology? Or is it something HE is missing altogether?

Transformers has the action angle to it too (Same for Spider-Man, Mummy, MIB) where you don't have to be into the fiction or the technology, you can just enjoy the ride.

HE really is a train ride with a huge queue if your not into the fiction or the technology.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but per AmusementBuzz the kiosks for Diagon Alley are installed and functioning.

Today, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette posted an article with an interview with Alan Gilmore concerning HP2 expansion. Here's a few lines from the article....."Its a new film in its own right" Mr. Gilmore said, "and JK Rowling helped develop the script and storyline"...New footage for both Gringotts & the Hogwart's Express ride was shot with the film's stars (and some doubles) in London over a one month period about 2 years ago.....6/1/14 Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Rob Owens article.

Last edited:
Quick question, how visible is the dragon from around the park? Attractions magazine posted a video of the wing being moved into place, and the dragon seems to stick out like a sore thumb, but in the description of the video it says that its well hidden.

This is the video I am referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8cOna10jdQ
It really depends on where you are. The height of Wyndham's keeps you from seeing the dragon anywhere along the London waterfront, and most places between Simpsons & Duff Gardens on the opposite side of the lagoon. From an angle, like near Roboasis, or from Central Park to Battery park, you get a decent view of the dragon body & tail. He's obscured again as you pass Tranformers approaching Beetlejuice.
It's a distant enough view that I think it will serve as a weenie from a distance, but disappear before you can see too much detail.

So it sounds like they used stunt doubles to film the scenes with the major characters. I wonder if the voices will be "off" or if it will be noticeable.

So it sounds like they used stunt doubles to film the scenes with the major characters. I wonder if the voices will be "off" or if it will be noticeable.

Yep, they were mincing words when they claimed that all of the stars would be present in the attractions and implying that they had all come back for filming. Nossuh Mamosa!

Yep, they were mincing words when they claimed that all of the stars would be present in the attractions and implying that they had all come back for filming. Nossuh Mamosa!
Yes, that was the main reason I quoted the article. I remembered the talk here concerning(actors) characters and I thought that would answer some questions, most specifically Radcliff who continually claimed he didn't do additional scenes. It possibly explains a lot and comes from a great source.

Status
Not open for further replies.