Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there yesterday and it was definitely interesting to see all the employees standing guard around Diagon and Hogsmeade Station. There were little barricades around each area. I had been hoping to walk in the waterfront like people had been able to earlier this week, but after reading about the screens I doubted I'd be able to. So one of the people in my party asked one of the guards/TMs what the special event was, and all they said was "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley is being built here". I wanted to laugh. NO WAY THAT'S WHAT THAT HUGE PURPLE BUS IS FOR?! I restrained myself, however :p
Anyways the waterfront looks beautiful and I cannot wait to experience it for myself. Anyone know if the "special event" coincided with the private event in City Walk (the bars and Antojitos were closed off until 11PM last night)?

So something just occurred to me. If Harry Potter and the escape from Gringotts is supposed to be happening when Harry, Ron, Hermione and Griphook are breaking into Gringotts, why is Bill Weasley there showing us his office and in the ride in general? Harry and the gang are leaving shell cottage, Bill and Fleurs house, when they are going to Gringotts and Bill clearly states to Harry, like a couple days before they leave, that he is in hiding now and not going to work, along with the rest of the Weasleys because the death eaters know that Ron is with Harry and would torture them to find out where Harry is. I guess this is just a sup story though, I don't know. I just wished they would stay in sync a little closer to the books/movies in these rides. And goblins having wands? Please! How the hell did JK Rowling let that pass?

So something just occurred to me. If Harry Potter and the escape from Gringotts is supposed to be happening when Harry, Ron, Hermione and Griphook are breaking into Gringotts, why is Bill Weasley there showing us his office and in the ride in general? Harry and the gang are leaving shell cottage, Bill and Fleurs house, when they are going to Gringotts and Bill clearly states to Harry, like a couple days before they leave, that he is in hiding now and not going to work, along with the rest of the Weasleys because the death eaters know that Ron is with Harry and would torture them to find out where Harry is. I guess this is just a sup story though, I don't know. I just wished they would stay in sync a little closer to the books/movies in these rides. And goblins having wands? Please! How the hell did JK Rowling let that pass?

The same way she let the first ride pass...Read this for details: http://sparkthedark.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/theme-park-thoughts-harry-potter.html?m=1 Maybe she only cares that things look and feel right and not the continuity?

Answer: It's a theme park. Don't worry about it.

Answer: It's a theme park. Don't worry about it.

That's so easy to say, I know, but they're going through so many lengths to get everything perfect and make you REALLY feel like you're in the Wizarding World and part of Harry's world and then you go on the ride and it just totally ****s on everything the Wizarding World lives by. How is that immersive?

That's so easy to say, I know, but they're going through so many lengths to get everything perfect and make you REALLY feel like you're in the Wizarding World and part of Harry's world and then you go on the ride and it just totally ****s on everything the Wizarding World lives by. How is that immersive?

I'm a Potter super fan. I see nothing that does what you say it does.

That gave me quite a laugh. Thanks!

No problem. It was posted on here quite a few pages ago somewhere and I immediately added it to my favorites.

Yeah, I've read that before. It actually made me not like the ride a little.

The problem I think you are voicing is that they are only being immersive so far. I agree, but I also cannot fault what they are doing and I understand why. They are going for feelings, not continuity. As far as feelings go, they have been spot on. You do feel like you faced a dragon, ran from dementors, and participated in Quidditch whether or not any of those things makes logical sense. The same will be said of the new ride, you will feel like you are entering Gringott's, riding down into the vaults, and escaping the wrath Voldemort and Bellatrix. People want these experiences and now they have them. It really is more of a feeling than a continuity thing.
If you want continuity at Universal, ride Men in Black, Spider-Man, and The Simpsons.

Anyone else see this?
BqBdkllCEAEdd6s.png

Status
Not open for further replies.