Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no confirmations. Everything I am about to say is gathered from sources I've skimmed over time. As far as I know, the ride isn't changing its thrill factor at all. The only thing I heard in terms of improvements is that they might add things they didn't have the budget for. From what I hear, Japan's will be grander and have a larger budget. As for motion sickness, I heard they might install "air-bladders" into the Enchated Benches. These fans will create a constant flow of air that decreases the chances for motion sickness and disorientation. I'd keep the ride the same too. But it bothers me to no end that Fawkes is not inside Dumbledore's office.

We in Orlando are so spoiled lol I'm thinking to myself, WHAT?! Japan is getting a better FJ?! Even though we already have Diagon Alley. But I agree, as a Potter Fanatic, Fawkes should definitely be in Dumbledore's office! And an AA Basilisk, Troll or Fluffy would be amazing too!!!

We in Orlando are so spoiled lol I'm thinking to myself, WHAT?! Japan is getting a better FJ?! Even though we already have Diagon Alley. But I agree, as a Potter Fanatic, Fawkes should definitely be in Dumbledore's office! And an AA Basilisk, Troll or Fluffy would be amazing too!!!

We are spoiled. lol. But I'm not sure if an AA Basilisk would work with the story. We already have a dead Basilisk on the floor of the the chamber. I wish they hadn't eliminated the creepy lightning effect that the Dementor scene originally was going to have. Apparently it was too terrifying.

Yep, Gringotts having no problems at all........

Employees weren't able to ride Forbidden Journey for team member previews back in 2010, so this is not that big a deal. Diagon Alley team members were able to ride it last Friday before the event and it went fine. I'm sure Gringotts will be ready for softs and the grand opening, just as Forbidden Journey was.

Not exactly on the current topic, but I was just looking through my pictures of Hogsmeade from last December and the nice, understated holiday decorations they have. They are very fitting for a small rural village in the Scottish Highlands. But I would love to see something a bit more extravagant for the urban Diagon Alley (and also for the waterfront).

I've always thought that they were sort of missing an opportunity by not making a bigger deal of the holiday decorations when Christmas celebrations are featured pretty prominently in the books and movies. Now they have an excuse to go all out with it, since the residents of Diagon Alley don't seem to do anything understated. :lol:

(This also makes me think how mind-melting Hogwarts at USJ will look if they get a good snow in Osaka this winter. :faint:)

I never understood why they don't make a big deal of holidays when in the books and movies they in fact do. I always wanted to see a big tree in the middle of Hogsmeade and a choir and wizarding holiday music. And it is also strange how they don't do anything for Halloween, since it's such an important holiday and something always happens on that date except for the last 2 books.

Ok, I just came up with a great idea for making your old wand interactive and more powerful. Everyone who visits Diagon should walk halfway down the street, then aim your wand at the dragon and shout loudly, "Petrificus totalus!!!".

On a related note, I think Petrificus would be a great name for the thing.

Ok, I just came up with a great idea for making your old wand interactive and more powerful. Everyone who visits Diagon should walk halfway down the street, then aim your wand at the dragon and shout loudly, "Petrificus totalus!!!".

Instaname. That's gonna stick worse than toffee after an orthodontist visit.

Whats with the antique octopus and sea stones Teebin, subtle hint at something?

I have a question...apologize if it was covered, but it's been bothering me.

What's with the fake red phone booth about 20 feet away from the real one in front of London? I expected it was for the media presentation, but didn't see it used.

I don't have a photo right here...anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I have a question...apologize if it was covered, but it's been bothering me.

What's with the fake red phone booth about 20 feet away from the real one in front of London? I expected it was for the media presentation, but didn't see it used.

I don't have a photo right here...anyone else know what I'm talking about?
It was a cleverly disguised speaker cluster for the media events.

Just a nod to the coming WonderSea water park. Nothing more and nothing specific to the project.

And very nice they look too, I will miss that wand though.

Anyone know what we should expect grand opening wise? I really enjoyed viewing Hogsmeade and Transformers openings online, will we get something of equally extravagant scale for DA, surely we will? Or was the media event it?

And very nice they look too, I will miss that wand though.

Anyone know what we should expect grand opening wise? I really enjoyed viewing Hogsmeade and Transformers openings online, will we get something of equally extravagant scale for DA, surely we will? Or was the media event it?

I suspect the grand opening will be low key

My vote for the dragon name is Brody :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.