Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much guys for all your efforts in getting some great shots. Is it safe now to say that Knockturn Alley will all be in doors? Because it is, I will pee myself with excitement. Seeing what Horror Nights does with facades in soundstages is amazing, I could only imagine how amazing this would be.
When was this said? Im down for it but I assumed it would be outside

in that last photo, I've been thinking all this time that was the entrance to Knockturn Alley all this time :( It seems like an awful lot of space to go unused for guests. I was hoping for an good sized Knockturn to queue up in for Borgins. with lots of dark wizard themeing.

I too share this sentiment. It seems like a weird waste of space.

Could they potentially use that space for the queue to enter Diagon Alley on the extremely busy days?

Thank you for these amazing pictures. The three of you did a really good job, investment well worth it. So many questions arise once seeing these - lol

The one thing I noticed is what looks like footing for turnstiles at the exit of the one station, I could be wrong though.

They better SERIOUSLY landscae then. You're entering and exiting literally right behind Sindbad. And the theater blocks the view of the station something serious.

Yeah, I'm nervous too. Construction seems carefully planned to not disrupt current attractions for as long as possible. If it were up to me, I'd take out Sinbad whenever it gave me enough time to clear the lot and landscape it, and throw a new show in the TL theater. Nobody's going to miss Sinbad, and finding only semi-clever ways to hide the building seems to be ignoring the inevitable; eventually it will no longer exist.

Thank you so much guys for all your efforts in getting some great shots. Is it safe now to say that Knockturn Alley will all be in doors? Because it is, I will pee myself with excitement. Seeing what Horror Nights does with facades in soundstages is amazing, I could only imagine how amazing this would be.

I think we can count on it being indoors, especially after these pics :thumbs:

in that last photo, I've been thinking all this time that was the entrance to Knockturn Alley all this time :( It seems like an awful lot of space to go unused for guests. I was hoping for an good sized Knockturn to queue up in for Borgins. with lots of dark wizard themeing.

Here's a quick doodle I just did on top of one of the pictures, showing where things look to be located. Even without that area, I think Diagon Alley will still be a pretty good size and full of awesome stuff.

-AerialDiagonGuesses_zps14652af0.png

Un-seen in this picture, on the bottom-right, we also have the stage area and that mysterious corner, which I’m guessing will have a small store or F&B location. Then, in addition to these places, there are probably gonna be a lot of magical facades all over, same as Hogsmeade. This should be amazing looking!

So seriously, no one wants to talk about the Sindbad/South Station conflict of views?

If they re-theme those two sides of the building, demo as much as possible of the corner tower, and then add lots of greenery, I think it should be good.

The one thing I noticed is what looks like footing for turnstiles at the exit of the one station, I could be wrong though.

That definitely looks like it:

WWoHPII-004.jpg

I hope the concept of having Hogsmead and D.A joined by the Hogwarts Express stays in Orlando. I dont want anyone else to have this!!!!!!!! Bwahahaha

Thanks for that layout sketch, Felipe. It was very helpful for visualizing the space.

It makes so much sense to have Knockturn Alley indoors. Easier to keep it dark and creepy that way.

Keep an eye on themepark news sites over the next day or two :thumbs:

Thanks Felipe for the outlines, helps a lot. Also, thank you for finding the pic, I didn't have time to go back thru them :smiley:

I must say these pictures have left me somewhat shocked that the area once thought to be knockturn is turning out to be a backstage area. Why didn't anyone know this for a fact and too, WHY is it logical for knockturn to be under cover? It isn't in the books or films.

Now, in hindsight, it makes all the sense in the world for it to be used as backstage area considering the food and trash requirements. But geez.

Last edited:
I must say these pictures have left me somewhat shocked that the area once thought to be knockturn is turning out to be a backstage area. Why didn't anyone know this for a fact and too, WHY is it logical for knockturn to be under cover? It isn't in the books or films.

Now, in hindsight, it makes all the sense in the world for it to be used as backstage area considering the food and trash requirements. But geez.

Being indoors it could still simulate being outdoors, although it makes sense to be indoors, or more closed in.

BTW, random but somewhat related note:

Diagon Alley > Diagonally (as in the shape)

Knocturn Alley > Nocturnally (as in occurring at night)

I love JK Rowling and her creativity :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.