Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I would imagine that everything elaborated upon in the books will be present if in facade only.

Addendum: Never knew there was a specific tape for this.

0bf06b40-8fda-4a10-a74d-6ffcf73d16be_300.jpg

Last edited:
Are they going to provide us with an extra map for Diagon Alley itself with the layout and shop locations, or will everything fit in the whole universal map.

Fantastic pictures!

What do we know about Knockturn Alley? It looks as though, if it's to be where I thought, that it will be completely indoors. Maybe the entire street will be the queue for the Borgin and Burkes attraction?

^ I would imagine that everything elaborated upon in the books will be present if in facade only.

Addendum: Never knew there was a specific tape for this.

0bf06b40-8fda-4a10-a74d-6ffcf73d16be_300.jpg

:lol: There is a tape for just about everything now.

Traditional masking tape is not strong enough, which led some to use duct tape but it leaves a residue. This is almost like a hybrid between the two.

Maybe that bridge is for emergency exits and for employees. Kinda like a disney utilidor but overhead. And I think they are going to make the alley directly in front of gringotts bank a one way street until you reach the end.

So, Bob and your two cohorts, what did you guys see either live or in the pictures afterwards that caused you the most questions? I have tons of them but I would rather hear your observations of the images and what they might reveal. I also invite others here that are right up-to-date on the project to chime in and share your thoughts.

My last chime for the night. There appears to be a water feature coming just to the right of the Gringott's facade. I believe there are four pipes, two small and two large. That implies drains and water supply I believe.

Simply outstanding job Bobwadd and others who were involved with the photo shoot! :jaw: amazing how far it has come and truly can't wait till it's done!

Is the big area where the one crane is currently situated next to the Hogwarts express station going to be accessible to guests, or backstage access only? I figured it was in the past but it seems rather bland at this stage if they are making anything of it.

This specifically is what I mean...

WWoHPII-RS-004.jpg

Last edited:
So, Bob and your two cohorts, what did you guys see either live or in the pictures afterwards that caused you the most questions? I have tons of them but I would rather hear your observations of the images and what they might reveal. I also invite others here that are right up-to-date on the project to chime in and share your thoughts.

Definitely the biggest point of contention is the bridge looking structure. To me both the stairs and the center support appear temporary. I'm going to try and analyze the pictures closer and see if I can come up with anything.

My last chime for the night. There appears to be a water feature coming just to the right of the Gringott's facade. I believe there are four pipes, two small and two large. That implies drains and water supply I believe.

Teebs, could you point me to the picture your discussing.

There are green lines all over the site. These would be used for drain and waste. I also see what appears to be insulated chiller lines going between some of the building.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out where the queue for Gringotts. It doesn't look like there is enough room for the giant lines that are sure to form.

Teebs, could you point me to the picture your discussing.

My bad, I guess it is more to the left in the following picture. And my bad again, four (or five) large white pipes and one blue. Pray tell?

WWoHPII-RS-043.jpg

BTW: the building lower in the pic with the rounded jut tower has always been where I imagined Weasleys to be located; at the end of Diagon and to the left across the street. Harry ran under the cloak to borgins exiting weasleys to the right (in my imaginings if not the book).

Last edited:
Omg, I am having such a hard time finding a mini-firewire to mini-firewire cable. I went to Walmart, Best Buy, and 2 Radio Shacks. And everyone tells they can order it. But NO ONE has one in stock. My old computer that is sitting on the floor of my closet has a standard FireWire input and I am about to drag it out and throw the raw video up sans editing.

On top of that, I have been moving all day, I have made 6 trips between my 2 places, while trying to locate a cable.

I am really sorry for the delay.

Hard to tell buy could the blue pipe be a piece of c900 pipe. Can sort of make out a bell on it. If it is then I would imagine that would be for some application using water and the white being drainage for what ever it is possibly

^ Beat me to it, I was busy looking for the original shot.

I would tend to agree that the blue line is for potable water. although, that would be a large volume of water,

Not yet convinced that the white are drainage.

WWoHPII-RS-056.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Omg, I am having such a hard time finding a mini-firewire to mini-firewire cable. I went to Walmart, Best Buy, and 2 Radio Shacks. And everyone tells they can order it. But NO ONE has one in stock. My old computer that is sitting on the floor of my closet has a standard FireWire input and I am about to drag it out and throw the raw video up sans editing.

On top of that, I have been moving all day, I have made 6 trips between my 2 places, while trying to locate a cable.

I am really sorry for the delay.

Haven't you figured out that nobody stocks anything anymore. :fist:

Is the format AVCHD?

^ Beat me to it, I was busy looking for the original shot.

I would tend to agree that the blue line is for potable water. although, that would be a large volume of water,

Not yet convinced that the white are drainage.

White isn't drinkable water? And why would they be at such odd angles coming out of the sand? In construction, is it ok to let them bend this way in that until completion?

Yeah usually would tap the c900 since mostly they are used for water mains and then tapped with a smaller service line. Looks to be about 6" in diameter. Hard to tell what this is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts