• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
boy, info sure falls through the cracks here. You will see the whole train at KC but you will not see the engine in Hogsmeade. Of course, this plan may have changed, but I doubt it. Whether or not guests will see the train coming or going at either station has yet to be revealed... I think.

You all might have seen this, but SeaWorld executives recently laid the smackdown on Wizarding World Diagon Alley. Personally, I don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed by SeaWorld Analysts' douchebaggery.

"Executives at SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. apparently don't think Universal Orlando's second Harry Potter land will be as big a hit as the first one.

"We believe that [SeaWorld's] differentiated and niche product — marine wildlife — will help separate itself from just another theme park...We also believe that more tourists are willing to try SeaWorld's parks now, as two-thirds of all visitors are repeat visitors who may have already visited Disney and Universal the first time around."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rld-orlando-universal-orlando-wizarding-world

If Hagrid is in the ad is that an indication that he will feature in the park?
I know Rowling would never let Uni have any specific character M&Gs, but I could see him potentially being part of one of the HE ride sequences. He's certainly popular enough.
You all might have seen this, but SeaWorld executives recently laid the smackdown on Wizarding World Diagon Alley. Personally, I don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed by SeaWorld Analysts' douchebaggery.

"Executives at SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. apparently don't think Universal Orlando's second Harry Potter land will be as big a hit as the first one.

"We believe that [SeaWorld's] differentiated and niche product — marine wildlife — will help separate itself from just another theme park...We also believe that more tourists are willing to try SeaWorld's parks now, as two-thirds of all visitors are repeat visitors who may have already visited Disney and Universal the first time around."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rld-orlando-universal-orlando-wizarding-world
Uni and SeaWorld have a pretty good business relationship going on right now. It seems a shame for one or the other to start going on the offensive; it would be mutually harmful.

Last edited:

Wow, that sounds like Universal back in 2005-2006 bashing the hell out of Disney. The only reason they did it then, was because they were DESPERATE for guests. Today, it is Seaworld who sounds DESPERATE. I fear it may only get worse and never get better.

SHOTS FIRED!!! No, but that's bold of SeaWorld executives to say. I'm not into the politics of the theme park world so idk if this is normal but personally I don't think it's their place to say that sort of thing. I get they're trying to downplay Diagon Alley and all, but it just comes off as a pathetic attempt to take down the competition.
Also, concerning the teaser, it sounds great! Glad there's teasers and all being released!

Pics are not my they are by OrlandoParksNews :thumbs:
jAHWafcPyUiGj.JPG

jDtEa1kveG66L.JPG

jVpW4sGQTtkv.JPG

jb2su1qUX8pi4c.JPG

The big thing in background is THE TRAIN STATION
jbwU8Es4I5gvP7.JPG

jEMWbRoFS6yad.JPG

jbvukElWUebPDu.JPG

jbsctY7cmNB7UE.JPG

jbwrkk1xv5TSqs.JPG

Last edited:
If Hagrid is in the ad is that an indication that he will feature in the park?

Interesting thought... It would be pretty cool if he appeared either in Gringotts or the Hogwarts Express, or even somehow in Diagon Alley. Hmm...

Question in reguards to Hogwarts Express... Why do we have fully themed trains if we wont be seeing them coming into the station? Or at least I'm assuming we wont be considering the fact that they will both be backwards in one of the stations. Why not build a momorail type system that just slides into a Hogwarts Express shell and save money?

We'll see it arrive and leave, and as we board. The only thing we won't see, per HTF's info on here, is the engine in one of the stations.

boy, info sure falls through the cracks here. You will see the whole train at KC but you will not see the engine in Hogsmeade. Of course, this plan may have changed, but I doubt it. Whether or not guests will see the train coming or going at either station has yet to be revealed... I think.

I can't remember now and I've become more confused :lol: but wouldn't it make sense that we won't see the engine in KC? We should see the engine in Hogsmeade as the train pulls in. We might not see it in KC if the train doesn't pull all the way into the station. Unless it was that, once the train is fully inside the Hogsmeade station, then we won't see the engine from the loading platform? Ok, yeah, I'm confused :P HTF, how was it again? :shrug:

Pics are not my they are by OrlandoParksNews :thumbs:

Great pics! Thanks OTPN and thanks for posting, OrlandoParks! :thumbs:

SHOTS FIRED!!! No, but that's bold of SeaWorld executives to say. I'm not into the politics of the theme park world so idk if this is normal but personally I don't think it's their place to say that sort of thing. I get they're trying to downplay Diagon Alley and all, but it just comes off as a pathetic attempt to take down the competition.
Also, concerning the teaser, it sounds great! Glad there's teasers and all being released!

I didn't take it that way at all. From the article, it doesn't sound like a lot of that information came from directly from SeaWorld. It was some analyst that made these statements. And SeaWorld just broke attendance and revenue records, so I wouldn't say they're hurting.

The CEO of the company claimed Diagon would be a good thing for SeaWorld and would help bring in more people to the area.
"The fact that there [are] other operators in town, sophisticated operators who invest in the business … is actually a benefit to all of us. And so when we see attractions like even Transformers this year, Fantasyland this year at Disney or Harry Potter 2, as you are alluding to, that's actually a benefit for the whole destination," Atchison said. "It tends to provide more lift, brings more people to the market [and]…then they can pick and choose the parks they go to. So it tends to raise all the ships if you will."

From the same article.

I wonder what those two smaller cranes are for?

I would assume it is there to help dismantle the tower cranes.

I can't remember now and I've become more confused :lol: but wouldn't it make sense that we won't see the engine in KC? We should see the engine in Hogsmeade as the train pulls in. We might not see it in KC if the train doesn't pull all the way into the station. Unless it was that, once the train is fully inside the Hogsmeade station, then we won't see the engine from the loading platform? Ok, yeah, I'm confused :P HTF, how was it again? :shrug:

Nossuh... The idea and reasoning why you cannot see the engine in Hogsmeade is because it is sticking out of an arch into the town across from Zonko's and people are getting their picture taken in front of it. Capeesh? It is an illusion and suspension of disbelief that they are going for.

Does anyone know if the new Wizarding World job postings are related to Diagon. Some of the roles I have never seen before, and if you read the description for the new roles they seem to relate to the expansion.

Rumor Alert: Zonkos could be closing forever in just a few weeks…
It would be a shame if this was true. They are not competition to the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and they fit into Hogsmeade quite well. Zonko's is not even a full store, it's more of a continuation of Honeydukes than anything else, I can't see why they can't keep two joke shops open.

It would be a shame if this was true. They are not competition to the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and they fit into Hogsmeade quite well. Zonko's is not even a full store, it's more of a continuation of Honeydukes than anything else, I can't see why they can't keep two joke shops open.

More room for new food options, like Madame PuddleFoot's Tea Shop is what I'm thinking... I could be totally wrong here though...

Rumor Alert: Zonkos could be closing forever in just a few weeks…

What a juicy dirty rumor... love it. Do you know why and are just keeping your cards close right now?

I love the idea of the tea shop as it is such a charming and important moment in the book. Just not sure if they could sell varieties of Potter themed teas. I doubt there would be tables to sit at and actually drink the stuff.

Does anyone know if the new Wizarding World job postings are related to Diagon. Some of the roles I have never seen before, and if you read the description for the new roles they seem to relate to the expansion.

Definitely for Diagon Alley. I hope they are just a stringent regarding a knowledge of Potter lore.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has more to do with its location and rebuilding of the portal into Hogsmeade once the games are demolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back