Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder how they will handle Harry/Ron/Hermione casting? Same way they did the Hogwarts Express with other voice actors? Or did they actually convince the original three to lend their voices? And what about visuals? AI actors?

It'll most likely be AI, right? I don't think theme park content like this has been part of any of the recent union strikes, but maybe I'm wrong. Unless there's been some kind of policy put in place, I personally think we can expect to see lots of AI not only in this land but across the entire park. (Not trying to spark a debate here, by the way, just pointing toward the possibility.)

It'll most likely be AI, right? I don't think theme park content like this has been part of any of the recent union strikes, but maybe I'm wrong. Unless there's been some kind of policy put in place, I personally think we can expect to see lots of AI not only in this land but across the entire park. (Not trying to spark a debate here, by the way, just pointing toward the possibility.)

Nah. Short of some smoothing for AI voices for something highly specific like Potter, I'd be very surprised to see much AI incorporation elsewhere. They hired a small army of artists and craftspeople to assemble this park.

I can’t imagine they’d be able to use AI to recreate the performance / voice of any of the union actors, without their or the unions sole permission.

If they asked any of the actors to film new content for this, or lend their voices, it would likely be a union set still, or the union itself would have to give a special exemption for the talent to work on a non-union project, which may be unlikely.

Of course maybe theme parks get an exemption? But I’d assume it would be a union set if they were to use the big names.