Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My fear is that the more a ride becomes "advanced" the more chances it has to break down. I hope I am wrong but I remember the down times for Gringotts. And from the sounds of it the Ministry Ride is going to be more complex than that.

My fear is that the more a ride becomes "advanced" the more chances it has to break down. I hope I am wrong but I remember the down times for Gringotts. And from the sounds of it the Ministry Ride is going to be more complex than that.
It's why they've already been testing most of the rides (True Gringotts had issues, but FJ didn't and that was brand new tech too. There had been robotic arms, but none mounted on a vehicle driving itself around)

It's why they've already been testing most of the rides (True Gringotts had issues, but FJ didn't and that was brand new tech too. There had been robotic arms, but none mounted on a vehicle driving itself around)
FJ had it's fair share of down time, at first, as well. It just happens, it is what it is.

The positive take I can give is these rides are meant to entertain and wow for decades, not the first few months. Just work things out as best you can. I certainly don’t want them to ever be less ambitious due to being worried the ride being down too much.

Reactions: MagdolHauntsMe
The positive take I can give is these rides are meant to entertain and wow for decades, not the first few months. Just work things out as best you can. I certainly don’t want them to ever be less ambitious due to being worried the ride being down too much.

Agreed. Push the boundaries and get uncomfortable. Out of pain comes growth.

Before anyone thinks I am bad mouthing advanced rides. I'm not. I think we constantly need to be WOWed. And while there will always be hiccups at the start, things like that get ironed out and we learn from those happy accidents (to use a Bob Ross phrase). I'm sure the first roller coasters had problems but look how far they have evolved.

I just hope Universal budgets enough time to get there before the park opens. Which they kind of have to do to get the rides certified by regulating agencies I believe.