Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

Great tech, horrible literally everything else. I hope Corless is right on this one, except Skippy being dismantled.
It's not a stretch to say it's done at this point. It didn't open for Spring Break or Summer busy periods and I can't remember if it opened for the Christmas/NYE week last year. If it didn't, then it's been about a year or more since it last operated, meaning it's pretty much done.

Man, I would've loved to experience Alien Encounter. From the POVs it looked right up my alley. Seemed to build suspense perfectly.

That picture of Stitch is pretty horrifying, but HALLELUJAH IT'S FINALLY GONE!

Man, I would've loved to experience Alien Encounter. From the POVs it looked right up my alley. Seemed to build suspense perfectly.

That picture of Stitch is pretty horrifying, but HALLELUJAH IT'S FINALLY GONE!
If you go back in time to experience it, make sure it’s the first version. The effects like the exploding teleport tube were way more intense in the beginning. You really thought you were being showered with tiny shards of broken glass.

It's too bad they couldn't have found a way to use the Stitch AA in one of the vignettes along the Peoplemover track.

Seriously. Or built him a little enclosure in Adventureland somewhere for him to perform like he does in the Tokyo Tiki Room. The Stitch AAs are some of my favorites, and the character is still super popular.

If you go back in time to experience it, make sure it’s the first version. The effects like the exploding teleport tube were way more intense in the beginning. You really thought you were being showered with tiny shards of broken glass.

Alien Encounter was a great tech demo, and amazing the first time you experienced it, but after that it lost a lot of its mystique. Still, it showed a level of creativity theme parks haven't really shown since the post 2000 era began