The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 476 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
they said 10 but apparently they are ushering people out of the world now

I don't like that if I wanna go i gotta get up at the buttcrack of dawn, hopefully there will still be a change before GO

Wow exciting stuff this morning but a word of caution that just because they did this today doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow or everyday. Yes it will happen more & more as time goes on but just a friendly warning to not expect to get in (even for a hr.) without staying on site. It's good to see though FJ did well again this morning & that is a sign that a more stable soft for everyone will come if things continue to do well.

So does anyone know if they actually did close it at 10 today? Anyone actually at the park reporting today? Also can we drop the blame it on the large people garbage. If a ride operator started the ride with someone that didn't fit then that's the operators fault. They are checking people before they get on the ride now. You know this could have been solved if Universal would have made a few vehicles with 3 seats and larger restraints. I wouldn't want to be the guest relations TM who has to tell the large chested female she can't ride because her top is too big. How about the body builer who has a large chest but is in perfect condition? I'm just getting tired of the overweight fat comments.

Not trying to offend you, it's just what Im hearing. No doubt that the operators shouldnt let these people on, but Im sure they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment. They had "test seats" out there for a reason...from what Im hearing people are ignoring the test seats...which prompted Universal to put a Test seat in the acutal loading room, to prevent the ride from being stalled.

I plan on being there when the park opens and spending the whole day in WWoHP. If any members of my group want to go to other parts, more power to them. I don't care if I'm enjoying a nice sit or browsing the shops.

So does anyone know if they actually did close it at 10 today? Anyone actually at the park reporting today? Also can we drop the blame it on the large people garbage. If a ride operator started the ride with someone that didn't fit then that's the operators fault. They are checking people before they get on the ride now. You know this could have been solved if Universal would have made a few vehicles with 3 seats and larger restraints. I wouldn't want to be the guest relations TM who has to tell the large chested female she can't ride because her top is too big. How about the body builer who has a large chest but is in perfect condition? I'm just getting tired of the overweight fat comments.

To be honest I can see it having been difficult to have seats with larger restraints? This isn't like a rollercoaster where a particular row can be larger, these are individual 4-seat benches. If say one bench was designed for larger people, they would need to "herd" those people aside which isn't the greatest compliment either and they would effectively end up with their own queue, meaning they would run out of room at the loading area waiting for all vehicles to cycle before the next larger size bench came along.

So we've speculated snow in Hogsmeade before. And in some of the concept images they've shown banks of snow against some of the shops. Do you think they could be saving something like this for the grand opening? Or does someone "in the know" want to prove or disprove this idea?

There was going to be snow in Hogsmeade. Until someone who shall remain nameless in Universal Creative broke his arm testing the effect after he slipped and fell in it. Whoops!

Has anyone spotted any kind of Journals or Diaries in the shops of Hogsmead yet? If so, do you remember the price? I know that's one thing I want that I don't have a price for yet.

Scarves as well. If anyone can get a price of a Ravenclaw scarf, I will be in your debt.

So no Voldemort or Basilisk, the two scenes I was looking forward to most. Where and why does the Dark Mark come in? Also is this still a good ride even though (from my memory) Teebin said it had been dramatically cut down?

To be fair, there is a Basilisk; it's just dead.

Nothing was cut down in terms of scale. Earlier concepts of the ride were indeed different, but they had much more of a "clip show" type feel. Just all sorts of random scenes that really didn't build off eachother to maximize the number of things shown on the ride. It was silly compared to what we got. The final version is much more polished. It's weird in theory that Voldemort is not included, but in execution it completely works. The Dementors make a GREAT villain. In terms of other scenes that were cut, in their place, existing scenes were extended so they make a lot more sense and flow better. The track layout remained basically the same the entire time, so it's not like we got a shorter ride. Not at all. Just one that makes a lot more story sense.

--- Update ---

One issue spoken here is if they are selling a wand, they need to tell the person that it will not fit in ride lockers and would they like their wand waiting for them when they leave the park.

This is such an obvious issue that never even crossed my mind. Very interesting! I bet that was fun the first time someone tried to fit one in a FJ locker!

That's a point actually, what size are the FJ lockers? Is there just one-size or the two? I'm assuming a standard rucksack can fit in them?

Same exact lockers you find everywhere else (Dragons, Hulk, Mummy, MIB, etc)

And the point is NOT what size the FJ lockers are. The point is what size lockers are everywhere else. You know the average guest is going to ride the other major attractions on after they get their Potter-fix. Even if FJ itself had bigger lockers, the problem that Teebin mentioned would still exist.

Same exact lockers you find everywhere else (Dragons, Hulk, Mummy, MIB, etc)

And the point is NOT what size the FJ lockers are. The point is what size lockers are everywhere else. You know the average guest is going to ride the other major attractions on after they get their Potter-fix. Even if FJ itself had bigger lockers, the problem that Teebin mentioned would still exist.

I wasn't commenting on Teebin's point about the wand etc. but just checking the lockers were the same size as the others in the park.

haven't seen this before

108745753.jpg

--- Update ---

here's one of the breakfasts

108284721.jpg

To be fair, there is a Basilisk; it's just dead.

Nothing was cut down in terms of scale. Earlier concepts of the ride were indeed different, but they had much more of a "clip show" type feel. Just all sorts of random scenes that really didn't build off eachother to maximize the number of things shown on the ride. It was silly compared to what we got. The final version is much more polished. It's weird in theory that Voldemort is not included, but in execution it completely works. The Dementors make a GREAT villain. In terms of other scenes that were cut, in their place, existing scenes were extended so they make a lot more sense and flow better. The track layout remained basically the same the entire time, so it's not like we got a shorter ride. Not at all. Just one that makes a lot more story sense.
!

I agree on that I dont think Voldermort would have made a good villian in the ride.
I am a potter fan, but to see the dark lord (AA) probably looking like a Imhotep with more skin, I think is lame.
the AA just pops in and out, cursing at us.
Visually, dementors are definatly cooler then a bald headed skinny man.

The new story is more polished. Being attacked by Dementors in the middle of your quittich adventure.

I am disappointed that the chess ROOM (atleast just the room) didnt make it into the scene.
If Chamber of secrets is in there, chess room should be there and the 3 headed dog. But nothing is ever perfect in this world. hehe

It's weird that the last thing on some people's minds was fitting their wand in the lockers where for me it was the 1st thing I thought of. Considering most will run to FJ right away & get their fix in for those it isn't a problem but if you come back later after some shopping it will still be a problem. That's why I the 1st time I plan to get a few rides in on FJ than enjoy the rest of the area & do some shopping.

Ooo looking at the Inside The Magic report on the HP merch at the airport, looks like we'll have to have a look on our way through!!
Just thinking, to get to the UO shop at the airport, will we have to go upstairs to departures (obviously we're coming into arrivals)? Can't remember the layout. Are ths shops near the entrance?