The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Luke, thanks for all your updates. I'm really hoping I will be able to get in Thursday morning now. That is the earliest date I can make it.

Is it comparable to the Indiana Jones ride in Disney Land, as far as AAs and sets go?

I don't want to know, but I hope the scenery is amazing...though I'm sure it is lol.

I know there has been a debate about what time period the whole area pertains to. in my opinion each area pertains to a slightly different time period.

FoTH: During Book 3. Why?? After book 3 Buckbeak has escaped to live with Sirius and in the ride he is still clearly living with Hagrid since you see him during it.
Dragons Challange: Book 4, obviously.
FJ: Discounting the age for Harry, Ron, and Hermoine I'd say probably either during Book 3 or inbetween 3 and 4. Dumbledore and Aragog are still around so we know it can't be be book 5. In book 4 Quidditch was cancelled for the Triwizard Tournament, so we know it's not during that time period since Quidditch plays a big part in the ride. that leaves us with book 3 or in between book 3 and 4.
Hogsmeade: during book 3 or 4. WHY?? Because u can still see Hermoine's ball dress, she hasn't bought it yet and there are still Sirius black posters around.

Mainly I'd guess that the whole land, excluding Dragons Challenge, is themed to during book 3. All the clues that can be found throughout fit in with this time period perfectly. Buckbeak, Dumbledore, Aragog, the Sirius Black posters. The only reason Dragons challenge is themed to book 4 is beacuse Dueling Dragons is a park Staple and Uni. wuld have a riot on their hands if they demolished it to make way for a Weasley car coaster, which probably would have been what they wanted to do.

i still dont understand, why after sooo many people has ridden it, NO ONE has wrote a scene by scene decribption of FJ (of course should be in the spoiler thread)

still, NO ONE, wrote any details. ALL but a few words here and there.

Come on, scenen by scene, item by item.
SPOILER THREAD. people need to know the details.

or maybe, just that no one remembered it bc is like a flash and is gone.

If you asked me for a scene by scene description after the first 2 times I rode Spidey I'd be flabbergasted. There's so much to take in that it's quite impossible to give a scene-by-scene analysis. Give it another 2 weeks and then full on detailed descriptions should be up. just my opinion.

Can someone explain how the lockers work?

Are you not allowed any carry on items to the FJ? My wife will probably want to bring a small purse. I would prefer not to have to, and just head straight on the ride.

I usually bring a change of clothes, due to all the water rides in IOA... and I usually rent a locker right in the front of the park, and come back to it after I've ridden all the "water" rides. I just know that renting a locker is going to be nerve racking while the crowd of people storm the WW gates...

Planning on going the Monday after Opening Weekend/Father's Day. Hoping the crowds will be a bit lower....

WWoHP happens in the world of books 3-4, no specific time within. Think about when they began planning the park, based on the timing of WB's release of the films.

Since the contract insists the Uni update WWoHP to be in keeping with the two unreleased films, they cannot lock their park into one "time". It is an extension of the story that our imaginations can just enjoy. We don't need to ask "So...did Muggles gain access to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts in the beginning of year 4, perhaps during the quidditch world cup which explains the Tri-wizard Tournament but no Harry, Ron, Hermione, but some Hogwarts students are there so they must be on some unwritten summer term, and plus there are portraits of an imprisoned Sirius Black..."

Seriously. It's years 3-4 combined. "But there's quidditch in FJ, and there wasn't quidditch the year of the Tri-wizard Tournament!" Well, that wasn't a detail included in the films. And the park is based on the films with Rowling's blessing. And the WWoHP is a snow-globe intended to encapsulate the whole of Rowling's world and story.

End of debate.

Can someone explain how the lockers work?

Are you not allowed any carry on items to the FJ? My wife will probably want to bring a small purse. I would prefer not to have to, and just head straight on the ride.

I usually bring a change of clothes, due to all the water rides in IOA... and I usually rent a locker right in the front of the park, and come back to it after I've ridden all the "water" rides. I just know that renting a locker is going to be nerve racking while the crowd of people storm the WW gates...

Planning on going the Monday after Opening Weekend/Father's Day. Hoping the crowds will be a bit lower....

The only storage in the ride, from what I've read, is actually in the back of your seat but can only hold a purse or sunglasses so must be very small. They have lockers just on the right as you enter the castle.

We're going the Monday after the opening too, but we're going to have to bring a rucksack so will have to use the locker (towel for water rides, water-mist-fan, drinks bottle etc.). We're just going to have to stop off at the lockers in the castle for a few mins unfortunately, but better that than purposely cut out a few mins of locker time by not bringing a rucksack only to find we regret it after that ride.

Atticus: "WWoHP happens in the world of books 3-4, no specific time within. Think about when they began planning the park, based on the timing of WB's release of the films.

Since the contract insists the Uni update WWoHP to be in keeping with the two unreleased films, they cannot lock their park into one "time". It is an extension of the story that our imaginations can just enjoy. We don't need to ask "So...did Muggles gain access to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts in the beginning of year 4, perhaps during the quidditch world cup which explains the Tri-wizard Tournament but no Harry, Ron, Hermione, but some Hogwarts students are there so they must be on some unwritten summer term, and plus there are portraits of an imprisoned Sirius Black..."

Seriously. It's years 3-4 combined. "But there's quidditch in FJ, and there wasn't quidditch the year of the Tri-wizard Tournament!" Well, that wasn't a detail included in the films. And the park is based on the films with Rowling's blessing. And the WWoHP is a snow-globe intended to encapsulate the whole of Rowling's world and story.

End of debate"

ok. Still can't wait to go there and experience everything first hand. I could probably spend a good day just exploring Hogsmeade and all of its wonderful nooks and crannies.

Are there some kind of pouches on the Forbidden Journey vehicle? If I leave my bag in the locker, am I able to take both my videocamera and regular camera with me through the queue?

I hope they'd release more information about the Grand Opening soon (attending guests, opening hours for public, etc.)... They are closing IOA at 6.00 pm both on 16th and 17th June. Would that have anything to do with the Grand Opening?

Are there some kind of pouches on the Forbidden Journey vehicle? If I leave my bag in the locker, am I able to take both my videocamera and regular camera with me through the queue?

I hope they'd release more information about the Grand Opening soon (attending guests, opening hours for public, etc.)... They are closing IOA at 6.00 pm both on 16th and 17th June. Would that have anything to do with the Grand Opening?

Like I posted above, there is reported to be a very tiny compartment in the back of your seat, but only apparently big enough for sunglasses / a purse so wouldn't be big enough for video cameras I'm assuming. Were planning to buy a small waist bag to take with us (just containing our little cameras), but we're going to have to test the test seats first to check the restraints can close with a waist bag on us. Otherwise we'll have to check in everything.

The only storage in the ride, from what I've read, is actually in the back of your seat but can only hold a purse or sunglasses so must be very small. They have lockers just on the right as you enter the castle.

We're going the Monday after the opening too, but we're going to have to bring a rucksack so will have to use the locker (towel for water rides, water-mist-fan, drinks bottle etc.). We're just going to have to stop off at the lockers in the castle for a few mins unfortunately, but better that than purposely cut out a few mins of locker time by not bringing a rucksack only to find we regret it after that ride.

Yeah, we usually bring a change of clothes...we do all the water rides in a row..and then change and go on the rest of the rides.

At this point my plan is too..

Get there at 9am..

Go straight to FJ...
then walk over to Dueling Dragons and ride Fire/Ice..or whatever its called now
Stroll along the town..if its lunchtime have lunch in 3 Brooms..and grab a Hog Head Ale.

Then make our way to the 3 water combo of JP,DD, and Popeye's Barge..change clothes..then head to Spiderman and Hulk...followed by Cat in the Hat..then back to Potter depending on the line we might re-ride.

If Potter is super crowded, Im hoping that the rest of park won't be.

Can't Wait!!!

--- Update ---

So are the rumors true? The reason the FJ keeps breaking down is due to overweight people breaking the ride? Please test the seats before trying to get on guys...don't ruin the experience for the rest of us, please!

Yeah, we usually bring a change of clothes...we do all the water rides in a row..and then change and go on the rest of the rides.

At this point my plan is too..

Get there at 9am..

Go straight to FJ...
then walk over to Dueling Dragons and ride Fire/Ice..or whatever its called now
Stroll along the town..if its lunchtime have lunch in 3 Brooms..and grab a Hog Head Ale.

Then make our way to the 3 water combo of JP,DD, and Popeye's Barge..change clothes..then head to Spiderman and Hulk...followed by Cat in the Hat..then back to Potter depending on the line we might re-ride.

If Potter is super crowded, Im hoping that the rest of park won't be.

Can't Wait!!!

That's similar to our plan too, although we'll probably arrive by 8am just to be safe. Straight to FJ, use lockers and test seats with our waist bag. Then onto DC, ride both. Try Ollivanders if queue isn't too bad and if possible FOTH. Stop for lunch at Mythos probably (haven't been there, quite fancy it, plus hoping it won't be quite as packed as 3 Broomsticks). Then move onto the water rides - JP, Popeye, Dudley. Then onto Marvel and Seuss.

Yeah, I'm hoping the crowds will spend most of their day at WWOHP, especially if FJ can handle a 6 hour queue (that's a lot of IOA's attendance right there). If we can get as much of WWOHP done in the morning that would be good, then we won't return until much later that evening (we'll stay until closing).

Like I posted above, there is reported to be a very tiny compartment in the back of your seat, but only apparently big enough for sunglasses / a purse so wouldn't be big enough for video cameras I'm assuming. Were planning to buy a small waist bag to take with us (just containing our little cameras), but we're going to have to test the test seats first to check the restraints can close with a waist bag on us. Otherwise we'll have to check in everything.
Ok, thank you. :) I might survive without my camera, as I can take some sort of photos with my videocamera and my phone.

So does anyone know if they actually did close it at 10 today? Anyone actually at the park reporting today? Also can we drop the blame it on the large people garbage. If a ride operator started the ride with someone that didn't fit then that's the operators fault. They are checking people before they get on the ride now. You know this could have been solved if Universal would have made a few vehicles with 3 seats and larger restraints. I wouldn't want to be the guest relations TM who has to tell the large chested female she can't ride because her top is too big. How about the body builer who has a large chest but is in perfect condition? I'm just getting tired of the overweight fat comments.