The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 620 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Believe me I would notice it, that picture would look great with the smoking chimneys and the suppossed outdoor snow, which I'm waiting to see.

Just like they had effects that weren't turned on inside FJ, maybe there are outdoor ones as well.

Tiny little tidbit of news. Apparently Chris Columbus (director of the first two films) was in attendance for the big party on last Wed night. That is what I have been told anyway.

Also, I am just now getting a review of the park and ride from one of my cranes right now. The crane and I speak the same "language" and see things similarly so it is very informative for me.

Last edited:
Love Chris Columbus! And a 4 hour wait on a Monday is crazy lol. I'm guessing that many people had the "There won't be too many people during the week" mentality.

Hi everyone.
1st time poster after lurking for a couple years so please be kind :)

Just got back from a quick trip to UO
Let me nutshell it for you...

Went to the soft open last week on Sun and Mon and walked right in the land, short wait for FJ on Sunday and walked on single rider Monday.
15 minute wait for Ollivanders and none for Three Broomsticks.
Boy am I glad I went then!
Today at about 11:00 this was the end of the line to get into the land:

DropBox

I'm thinking of returning tonight about 6:00 or when the rain lets up.

Last edited:
BriMan - What time did the ride break down when you were on? My children and I were in the queue today and it broke down while we were in the room just before the sorting hat. I laughed with my children and said “Which one of you wished to spend more time in Hogwarts castle?” and “It wouldn’t be the full experience if we didn’t experience FJ shutting down.” Hey, I consider us lucky the ride broke down while we were inside, AC working, dry floor to sit on while we waited…

Oh, this was 2 weeks ago when Softs started. I haven't been to WWoHP since.

Hi everyone.
1st time poster after lurking for a couple years so please be kind :)

Just got back from a quick trip to UO
Let me nutshell it for you...

Went to the soft open last week on Sun and Mon and walked right in the land, short wait for FJ on Sunday and walked on single rider Monday.
15 minute wait for Ollivanders and none for Three Broomsticks.
Boy am I glad I went then!
Today at about 11:00 this was the end of the line to get into the land:

DropBox

I'm thinking of returning tonight about 6:00 or when the rain lets up.

That's my idea too. I'm leaving at 3. I hope I don't find v!olaplayer there dead! D:

Oh, and welcome! :welcome:

Another couple quick thoughts:
I was looking for a Gryffindor lanyard at both parks' main gift shops and could only find the other three houses. Transferring inventory to the land I assume?
Also, a bit off topic, I'm still so disappointed that Green Eggs and Ham is not open. If Uni isn't going to open it during what is arguably their biggest season since 1999 then why have it?
That big green ham just standing there mocking me. I'm gonna bring my own parsley puree next time.

yeah kinda weird that it didn't open.

They had it open for spring break.

But for the parks busiest day everyone showed up just for the world, so the rest of the park was dead and saw little love

I doubt they turned the water vortex on either. I don't even think it was possible to get into the lost continent most of the weekend anyways, so that attraction probably didn't even run or it was dead

I know last as of last Monday the water vortex was not operating.
It would be nice if they realigned the lasers that trace the lines of the magic portal on Poseidon's Fury.
That show is the red-headed stepchild of IOA

WHAT TO BUY and WHAT NOT TO BUY AT WWoHP:
I was thinking about the deals and rip-offs at the park and thought I'd make a list of the best and worst items to buy...
Good buys:
T-shirts: The park has a lot of cool and unique t-shirts to choose from, and I feel they are at a reasonable price. Considering I bought one at Hot Topic for $22, a $25-30 price tag is not bad for something that is exclusive to the WWoHP and of such good quality. I purchased the Gryffindor Quidditch Jersey-style shirt, and it feels strong and sturdy. They seem like they will last for a long time. They have shirts for the serious Potter fan, and even for the theme park fan (WWoHP logo).
Pygmy Puffs: Even though they were raised by $2, at $15, they are worth it. They are a fun and canon item that come with a little show bundled into the modest price. Other plushies in the park go for $25-30, and these are not made from lesser materials or quality. They are flying off the shelves, so if you're lucky enough to see one, snag it!
Mugs: I saw many cups and mugs at decent prices. Most mugs in theme parks range from $16-25. Two that I looked at (Have You Seen This Wizard?, Dumbledore's Army) were in the price range of $9-12 and had main characters on them. These would make a good gift, or a nice addition to any collection.
Honeydukes Candy: The candy from Honeydukes that I consider worth it is the kind that can be converted into a decoration. They have jars of candy (mostly hard candies) that have the Honeydukes logo on it, and some others (like the Pepper Imps) that just have the product's name on it. These are not only edible, but pieces very worthy of decoration or re-use. You could easily refill it with another candy and display it in your house.
Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts: Both of these go for $10. Their packages are very authentic. They look exactly like their counterparts from the movies. The Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans don't come with much candy, but it is an adorable decoration or collector's item for any fan. Even my brother (who has read the books and watched the movies, but is only a very casual fan) was tempted to buy them. The frogs come with a lenticular card of one of the founders, and also a very big and heavy solid chocolate-shaped frog. These are not like the cheap ones they sell when a movie comes out. These are the real deal.
Lanyards: They also sell lanyards made to look like House ties. They come in each House's colors, and have a plastic slot for an I.D. or ticket. This is ideal to keep track of your tickets throughout the day, or to carry home to use at work.

Bad Buys:
Harry Potter Movies: The movies that they sell are rediculously over-priced. I looked at one of the Sorcerer's Stone DVDs to check out the price, and saw they were charging $20 for it. You can easily find these at Sam's or Wal Mart for $7-9. Also, you could take your $20 and put it towards the Ultimate Edition of SS if you really wanted some bang for your buck.
Marauder's Map: For $70, you get one Marauder's Map set behind glass. The same map is sold from the Noble Collection online for half the price, but unframed. So it depends on if you want it framed.

A Note on Butterbeer:
Most everyone will try Butterbeer inside the WWoHP. But before buying, consider whether the stein is worth it for you. It is $9.50 to buy the stein with regular Butterbeer in it, and $10.50 for the frozen beverage. If you're a die-hard fan who is there for a short amount of time, but looking for a cool souvenir, get it. But if you're a casual fan who isn't planning on coming back soon, pass. You can easily get a smaller cup for $3. The stein is ideal for someone who is on an extended vacation and plans to visit the land often, or for someone with an annual pass who will be wanting refills.

Last edited:
I would add a wand to the must buy list.
Also the key to value when buying a butter beer stein is Rememberng your stein when you go! :)
I have the same problem with my soda sports bottles

I was thinking about the deals and rip-offs at the park and thought I'd make a list of the best and worst items to buy...
Good buys:
T-shirts: The park has a lot of cool and unique t-shirts to choose from, and I feel they are at a reasonable price. Considering I bought one at Hot Topic for $22, a $25-30 price tag is not bad for something that is exclusive to the WWoHP and of such good quality. I purchased the Gryffindor Quidditch Jersey-style shirt, and it feels strong and sturdy. They seem like they will last for a long time. They have shirts for the serious Potter fan, and even for the theme park fan (WWoHP logo).
Pygmy Puffs: Even though they were raised by $2, at $15, they are worth it. They are a fun and canon item that come with a little show bundled into the modest price. Other plushies in the park go for $25-30, and these are not made from lesser materials or quality. They are flying off the shelves, so if you're lucky enough to see one, snag it!
Mugs: I saw many cups and mugs at decent prices. Most mugs in theme parks range from $16-25. Two that I looked at (Have You Seen This Wizard?, Dumbledore's Army) were in the price range of $9-12 and had main characters on them. These would make a good gift, or a nice addition to any collection.
Honeydukes Candy: The candy from Honeydukes that I consider worth it is the kind that can be converted into a decoration. They have jars of candy (mostly hard candies) that have the Honeydukes logo on it, and some others (like the Pepper Imps) that just have the product's name on it. These are not only edible, but pieces very worthy of decoration or re-use. You could easily refill it with another candy and display it in your house.
Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts: Both of these go for $10. Their packages are very authentic. They look exactly like their counterparts from the movies. The Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans don't come with much candy, but it is an adorable decoration or collector's item for any fan. Even my brother (who has read the books and watched the movies, but is only a very casual fan) was tempted to buy them. The frogs come with a lenticular card of one of the founders, and also a very big and heavy solid chocolate-shaped frog. These are not like the cheap ones they sell when a movie comes out. These are the real deal.
Lanyards: They also sell lanyards made to look like House ties. They come in each House's colors, and have a plastic slot for an I.D. or ticket. This is ideal to keep track of your tickets throughout the day, or to carry home to use at work.

Bad Buys:
Harry Potter Movies: The movies that they sell are rediculously over-priced. I looked at one of the Sorcerer's Stone DVDs to check out the price, and saw they were charging $20 for it. You can easily find these at Sam's or Wal Mart for $7-9. Also, you could take your $20 and put it towards the Ultimate Edition of SS if you really wanted some bang for your buck.
Marauder's Map: For $70, you get one Marauder's Map set behind glass. The same map is sold from the Noble Collection online for half the price.

A Note on Butterbeer:
Most everyone will try Butterbeer inside the WWoHP. But before buying, consider whether the stein is worth it for you. It is $9.50 to buy the stein with regular Butterbeer in it, and $10.50 for the frozen beverage. If you're a die-hard fan who is there for a short amount of time, but looking for a cool souvenir, get it. But if you're a casual fan who isn't planning on coming back soon, pass. You can easily get a smaller cup for $3. The stein is ideal for someone who is on an extended vacation and plans to visit the land often, or for someone with an annual pass who will be wanting refills.

Love this...thanks for the info!!

Good buys:

Bad Buys:
Marauder's Map: For $70, you get one Marauder's Map set behind glass. The same map is sold from the Noble Collection online for half the price.

A Note on Butterbeer:

Thanks! However, the Marauder's Map on the Noble collection is only $35 for the non-framed version. The framed version is $65+ $10 shipping= $75. So if you want the Marauder's Map unframed, buy it from the Noble Collection, but if you want it framed, buy it from the WWoHP (you might even get it cheaper than $70 with the AAA discount, do they take AAA at Filch's?).