The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 618 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a question. Was the rest of IOA open on Friday? If people were lined up along City Walk, does that mean they couldn't even access the rest of IOA if they wanted to? Were the other rides open just for the people leaving Harry Potter?

The rest of Islands of Adventure was open on Friday. Once you got past the line in Citywalk and entered Islands of Adventure, you could treat the rest of the park like any other day. It was not limited to any group of guests.

Could someone fill me in. How is the WW making money with this postmark mail thing? Do they have to pay extra for the envelope and stationery? What is the cost?

You buy all that stuff separately. The back left part of the Owl Post has stationary, stamps, postcards and everything else you could want. The actual Post Mark is free. If you buy something, they'll stamp it for you for free. I bought a postcard, which was 55 cents, and just got the cashier to stamp it for me on the way out. The do have a mail box between the Owl Post and Dervish & Banges for you to mail you letters if you want.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/6/20/wizarding_world_visit_almost_lands_woman_in_hospital.html

As many have already stated, really, what did she expect? This story is really bugging me as it keeps popping up on the news.

--- Update ---

You buy all that stuff separately. The back left part of the Owl Post has stationary, stamps, postcards and everything else you could want. The actual Post Mark is free. If you buy something, they'll stamp it for you for free. I bought a postcard, which was 55 cents, and just got the cashier to stamp it for me on the way out. The do have a mail box between the Owl Post and Dervish & Banges for you to mail you letters if you want.

Just a note: If you forget to mail your letters in Hogsmeade, and cannot/will not go back to the WW, there is a mailbox at the exit to the park, in the Port of Entry near the main store and the bathrooms.

Hey everyone! Just got back from Orlando. WWoHP is just amazing, I'll post some of my pics later. We were in the very very front of the line on opening day so we got to watch the opening ceremony and see Dan and Rupert and everyone. By the way, if anyone is worried about wait times for FJ, if you dont mind being separated, use the single rider line. We did this and the wait was at most 10 min, and we did not get separated that often (I think we rode this at least 10 times, it is just absolutely incredible). Oh and I had a lot of people take my picture because they liked my shirt (make love not horcruxes). If that was anyone on here, i would love to see it!

Dude. I totally remember seeing you and your friends! nice shirts, they made me laugh.

the butterbeer issue is being worked out if you all were curious. there are actually (and have always been) several places to buy it but no one seems to understand; the three broomsticks, the cart, the hogs head, and the roaming waitresses. All of those sell both kinds: cold and frozen. On saturday they set up another "stand" to sell it and the guy doing it would presell before the tray of butterbeer even got there haha. Its a good idea and then today they had a line set up through the 3 broomsticks patio leading into the hogs head to ease the carts line. It is a working progress.

Last edited:
Just a note: If you forget to mail your letters in Hogsmeade, and cannot/will not go back to the WW, there is a mailbox at the exit to the park, in the Port of Entry near the main store and the bathrooms.

Yep. The one that looks like a rocket ship that just ate a mail box.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/6/20/wizarding_world_visit_almost_lands_woman_in_hospital.html

As many have already stated, really, what did she expect? This story is really bugging me as it keeps popping up on the news.

I've seen many stories like this. It's rediculous! You're in FLORIDA! If you saw a line like that, wouldn't you bring water? Honestly, anyone with a brain knows Florida heat + sun + no water= passing out/heat stroke. Don't blame Universal for lack of better judgement.
And Universal WAS selling water and other beverages and food in carts throughout the park. They were walking up and down the line announcing that they were selling it. They could have picked something up on the way into City Walk. I don't think Uni should have been responsible for bringing their carts outside of the parks. The people waiting in line around me (got there at 6:30) almost all had water and snacks.

Last edited:
okay, i am wayy too lazy to go back how ever many pages i missed. i'm gonna be heading to UOR from the 16th-18th (counting crows for free?!? can't even wait) and i just wanted to know everyone's thoughts. will i get to ride FJ? has it been breaking down a lot lately? will i even get into WWOHP? how crazy is it going to be at IOA? and finally, when is the best time to hit WWOHP? sorry for all the questions, i thought you guys would be the best people to ask :) thanks in advance!

okay, i am wayy too lazy to go back how ever many pages i missed. i'm gonna be heading to UOR from the 16th-18th (counting crows for free?!? can't even wait) and i just wanted to know everyone's thoughts. will i get to ride FJ? has it been breaking down a lot lately? will i even get into WWOHP? how crazy is it going to be at IOA? and finally, when is the best time to hit WWOHP? sorry for all the questions, i thought you guys would be the best people to ask :) thanks in advance!
You'll get in. When I was there for GO, the longest wait I saw for FJ was 75 minutes and I was in from 11 am til about 5 pm. FJ broke down when I was in line, but it went back up very quickly. It'll be crazy, but if you go later in the afternoon, it'll be better.

I meant to add this in my earlier report post today, but it was getting long enough I guess and I was rushing. So, want to know how close you come to the scenery in FJ? In one situation, close enough to touch it. That's right, 5'10" me accidentally kicked a soft part of the scenery on two different rides. While being whipped between scenes my foot ran through some netting and thankfully it didn't get stuck. It kind of freaked me out a lot. I couldn't find a manager after the ride, so I dismissed it both times. Thinking back, I'm not sure if I should have?

You'll get in. When I was there for GO, the longest wait I saw for FJ was 75 minutes and I was in from 11 am til about 5 pm. FJ broke down when I was in line, but it went back up very quickly. It'll be crazy, but if you go later in the afternoon, it'll be better.

thanks so much for the fast reply! i was paranoid i wouldn't even be able to get in...now i'm at ease haha :)

This is all from what I've been hearing, I haven't gone yet, but the lines for FJ have been decreasing relatively well, you'll get on a lot quicker if you go single rider. The lines yesterday just to get in WWOHP were 2 hours, today 1 hour in the morning, but no lines to get in in the afternoon. The stores are packed with long lines, however. FJ broke down a few times Friday and yesterday, not sure about today, but I figure some issues will be taken care of by the time you visit. I will be there this Saturday, so I'll post a full report.

I'll try and answer all of these for you.

First off, you should be able to get into WWoHP easily. The park has considerably died down since the Grand Opening and I would expect that to continue. Islands of Adventure will be somewhat busy due to the fact that is Summer but thus far the lines haven't been much longer than 90 minutes.

Second off, you should be able to get on Forbidden Journey without a doubt, if you have patience. The line hasn't gotten higher than 2 hours yet and the ride isn't breaking down too often. When it has broken down, it has usually been back up within 30 minutes or so.

Lastly, it seems the best time to visit WWoHP has been during the night. The lines have generally calmed down, crowds have begun leaving and the park is stunning, from what I've seen, at night.

Enjoy your trip!

This is all from what I've been hearing, I haven't gone yet, but the lines for FJ have been decreasing relatively well, you'll get on a lot quicker if you go single rider. The lines yesterday just to get in WWOHP were 2 hours, today 1 hour in the morning, but no lines to get in in the afternoon. The stores are packed with long lines, however. FJ broke down a few times Friday and yesterday, not sure about today, but I figure some issues will be taken care of by the time you visit. I will be there this Saturday, so I'll post a full report.

great! i'm looking forward to your report!! hopefully by the time i get there most of the kinks will be worked out and the crowds won't be AS crazy (even though i know they still will be).

--- Update ---

I'll try and answer all of these for you.

First off, you should be able to get into WWoHP easily. The park has considerably died down since the Grand Opening and I would expect that to continue. Islands of Adventure will be somewhat busy due to the fact that is Summer but thus far the lines haven't been much longer than 90 minutes.

Second off, you should be able to get on Forbidden Journey without a doubt, if you have patience. The line hasn't gotten higher than 2 hours yet and the ride isn't breaking down too often. When it has broken down, it has usually been back up within 30 minutes or so.

Lastly, it seems the best time to visit WWoHP has been during the night. The lines have generally calmed down, crowds have begun leaving and the park is stunning, from what I've seen, at night.

Enjoy your trip!

thanks so much!! i'm so used to going to IOA and having a 30 minute or less wait for everything, so this is going to be a big change! i think i'm definitely going to head there at night, that sounds like the least-crazy time to go.

great! i'm looking forward to your report!! hopefully by the time i get there most of the kinks will be worked out and the crowds won't be AS crazy (even though i know they still will be).

--- Update ---

thanks so much!! i'm so used to going to IOA and having a 30 minute or less wait for everything, so this is going to be a big change! i think i'm definitely going to head there at night, that sounds like the least-crazy time to go.
I'm headed back soon, too, and the more I see pictures of Hogsmeade at night and hear about the lesser waits, the more I think I'll head over there at 4 pm instead of first thing in the morning.

I'm headed back soon, too, and the more I see pictures of Hogsmeade at night and hear about the lesser waits, the more I think I'll head over there at 4 pm instead of first thing in the morning.

The pics of Hogsmeade all lit up at night also convinced me that I have to go around 5...definitely adds to the feel 10x more!