The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 617 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am sure that, for the time being, while the WW is still so very popular, merch in other areas has slowed or stopped being produced and sent to the stores. They know they won't sell out of JP shirts any time soon. Universal will definetely figure out all the best ways to capitalize.

--- Update ---

People are the last ingredient in a theme park addition, and a very important one. They will solve what they can in the next few months. Including the unforeseen disasters that FJ might become right? This is what creates a theme park. It is why there are no skipper tours as it didn't work. AK... no boat tours, didn't work. No actors in JP... cost too much didn't work. Watch the products that disappear from Zonko's and other shops over the next year. If it doesn't sell, no matter how much you love it, it will be discontinued. I predict mini-chocolate frogs in mini boxes will be a new product.

Yeah, Zonko's has A LOT of really useless merchendise. nothing I would ever buy even though I love Harry Potter. Why do you need a remembrall of sneakoscope that dosn't do anything but light up when you press a button?

I am sure that, for the time being, while the WW is still so very popular, merch in other areas has slowed or stopped being produced and sent to the stores. They know they won't sell out of JP shirts any time soon. Universal will definetely figure out all the best ways to capitalize.

--- Update ---

Yeah, Zonko's has A LOT of really useless merchendise. nothing I would ever buy even though I love Harry Potter. Why do you need a remembrall of sneakoscope that dosn't do anything but light up when you press a button?
Yeah, when I was there the only thing I really wanted from Zonko's was a Pygmy Puff...I would have bought Extendable Ears if they had them. But a lot of the items were not canon (at least to my knowledge), and that kind of upset me. But that's how it goes.
I don't think they'll do the mini-frog thing. They sell peppermint toads, which are smaller...but those chocolate frogs were selling by armload. Most people had at least three in their baskets.

--- Update ---

And they really do need another cart or something. They have some space around Hogwarts, though I'm sure it would take away from the facade. I would have been waiting 45 minutes to an hour for a stein of Butterbeer had a woman not brought out a tray to sell...And I liked it, but was not overly impressed. Maybe a second glass was needed, but I didn't have a chance to get a refill. Definitely looking forward to a frozen!
For anyone who has gone in the past three days and bought the refillable stein--how much were refills? I know they bumped up the price of the stein by $1. I'm wondering if the refill price fluctuated as well.

Does anyone know if there was a long wait to get into WWOHP today? I'm taking my Mom and kids out there tomorrow and I'm just wondering how early we should get there. Thanks.

Am I the only one who's not planning to buy anything? I may be tempted by the chocolate frogs, but I'm fighting it for sure.
Everyone in there seemed to have some form of merchandise. I saw one woman with three Marauder's Maps in her arms. That's $210 of paper and glass.
The frogs are worth it. I really considered not getting one, but the packaging is really authentic and the frog is huge. I've had it three days now, and I've barely made a dent in it (if you plan to eat it). Plus the card is fun.

Am I the only one who's not planning to buy anything? I may be tempted by the chocolate frogs, but I'm fighting it for sure.

Well I know I'm gonna wanna buy everything in sight... The merchandise is part of the experience, it's like your really a wizard buying all of that cool stuff. I don't know if I'll go crazy in Honeydukes but get ready Dervish and Banges, and Filch, be prepared to clean off the floors, there is going to be a massive raid by me xD... All jokes aside, I personally plan on buying at least one house scarf (I'm a Hufflepuff), my wand, at least one candy item in Honeydukes, and whatever is most interesting in Zonkos. Obviously I'm buying butterbeer and pumpkin juice... Most of the stuff I buy will be decided when I get there, because if I make a list, I know I won't stick to it lol...

Everyone in there seemed to have some form of merchandise. I saw one woman with three Marauder's Maps in her arms. That's $210 of paper and glass.
The frogs are worth it. I really considered not getting one, but the packaging is really authentic and the frog is huge. I've had it three days now, and I've barely made a dent in it (if you plan to eat it). Plus the card is fun.

I picked up one of the chocolate frogs and it felt like a lot of chocolate in there. Didn't buy one because the line for the register was so long and I knew I was coming back in a few days. Good to know it comes with a card too. :)

Hmm maybe I will definitely consider a frog, but just thinking about my prices make my wallet hurt!

Well I know I'm gonna wanna buy everything in sight... The merchandise is part of the experience, it's like your really a wizard buying all of that cool stuff. I don't know if I'll go crazy in Honeydukes but get ready Dervish and Banges, and Filch, be prepared to clean off the floors, there is going to be a massive raid by me xD... All jokes aside, I personally plan on buying at least one house scarf (I'm a Hufflepuff), my wand, at least one candy item in Honeydukes, and whatever is most interesting in Zonkos. Obviously I'm buying butterbeer and pumpkin juice... Most of the stuff I buy will be decided when I get there, because if I make a list, I know I won't stick to it lol...
I made a list, and it seriously helped! But I went to GO and it was insane so I needed it...
But if anyone is on a budget, look through pics of the merchandise (according to a Zonko's employee, an online store will be open on the 23rd...but that's only what I heard from them) and decide what you absolutely want and where to buy it. It helps the over-spending!

Hmm maybe I will definitely consider a frog, but just thinking about my prices make my wallet hurt!
Definitely! I understand. A couple items have already gone up in price. The Pygmy Puffs went up by $2 and I saw other inflated merch, like the map.

Edit: I'm a Web Crawler now!!! :happy:

I have a question. Was the rest of IOA open on Friday? If people were lined up along City Walk, does that mean they couldn't even access the rest of IOA if they wanted to? Were the other rides open just for the people leaving Harry Potter?