The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 615 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No problem! :wave:

Just read this on Twitter and thought it was a great move by Universal:
They're giving out tickets so that only 1 person in your party has 2 stay in line. Then you can call them when it's time 2 go in WWoHP..

No problem! :wave:

Just read this on Twitter and thought it was a great move by Universal:
Very smart. That way they other rides will be in use too.
Yes. You can enter and leave the park as many times as you want during the day your ticket is valid.
I didn't know this! The only times I've been to Universal was on a company picnic and with my annual pass, so we were allowed to leave the parks and come back anyways...but I didn't know you could with any regular ticket. Good to know for when my cousin comes...

From an inside the magic tweet...

"Thanks. I'll continue to stay clear. ;) - RT @justmikeyhrc just heard that the line is 3 islands deep just like opening day. [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG]"

Its odd how much info was flowing on here before opening, but the past few days when its actually open, its been impossible to get any info! Why isn't WWOHP on the wait times site?

There are many, but I follow the main: OrlandoUpdates, Orlando_United, Insidethemagic, Attractions, UORNews
They're all reputable sources.

Especially that second one! :lol: I usually just search wwohp and forbidden journey for updates.

Here's an update from an hour ago: "#WWoHP Ride lines are short. Buying stuff? Good luck. Long lines for Ollivanders and Dervish and Banges. Not bad for Honeydukes. "

Hey everyone! Just got back from Orlando. WWoHP is just amazing, I'll post some of my pics later. We were in the very very front of the line on opening day so we got to watch the opening ceremony and see Dan and Rupert and everyone. By the way, if anyone is worried about wait times for FJ, if you dont mind being separated, use the single rider line. We did this and the wait was at most 10 min, and we did not get separated that often (I think we rode this at least 10 times, it is just absolutely incredible). Oh and I had a lot of people take my picture because they liked my shirt (make love not horcruxes). If that was anyone on here, i would love to see it!

Follow Up Report 6/19/10

Hi all, I'm going to post a follow up report to include what has been changed since the beginning of soft openings.

I just wanted to say I haven't had so much fun at a theme park in a loooong time. My friend only had the 19th to check out the island so we pretty much had to go yesterday. We arrived at the park about 7:20 and drove straight up to the parking gate and flashed my pass. Good sign right? Not quite. The yellow shirt baddies were sending people to the left when we got in. About 7:30 we got in line by the main toon lagoon bathrooms which didn't seem too far away. That day they had security and attendents spaced along the line to hand out tickets to get in the gate and to answer questions. Big plus there. It was still hot, but there were friendly people in line all around us which helped. The line started moving not too much later and we got in about 9:30. From there, we went straight into Forbidden Journey with the same friendly people waiting with us. It took a while to get in, but it really didn't feel too bad. It was hot, that's my only complaint.

Now FJ has greatly improved since when I went. Lo and behold, what were boring black spaces the first day I went turned out to actually have scenery hiding behind them. All the scenes had the full show lighting on yesterday which helped greatly. It even revealed a minor story point I had not known about. And guess what everybody? We rode it five more times that day by using single rider. We actually walked on one of those times during an hour plus wait. Awesome!

We eventually left before coming back later in the day and walking right in...

Like everyone has said, the lines were crazy long for shops and food in the area, no denying that. We got some Hog's Head Ale and had a great time waiting for Ollivander's after it rained. The people around didn't seem to enjoy it as much as we did, they should have stopped at the pub first. And for the record, there is no single rider line for Ollivander's. I checked. :lol:

Nightime is a whole different animal at this park. The lighting is gorgeous and I really did forget how beautiful IOA is at night. We exited Ollivander's and entered the street as it had turned dark. We walked out of the door to a beautiful night complete with a damp british street, lightning cracking overhead, and the music making a perfect crescendo for us. Bliss.

The staff was great as well, everyone was friendly, especially the cute hufflepuff greeter girl. If you're on here, you know who you are, I did see you do the Hippogriff dance! On our way out for the night we had a funny conversation with the fountain in Lost Continent about how he was hunkering down for next wave of the storm and why we were even standing near him in all the lightning. He was better than most I've talked to. And finally we took a last minute ride on Cat in the Hat, got our own car and had a blast. The control tower girl keep cheering us on during the ride and the exit attendent thought we were in trouble. Thank you security cam person!

It was a great day.

Reactions: Felipe and mantaguy
I'll be at the parks on Tuesday. I'll make my twitter public if anyone wants to keep tabs on me that day so you can hear about the line and whatnot. Let me know!

Apparently, the only way for hotel guests to get to the Wizarding World is to wake up really early for the opening of the parks...and even that might not be enough. And yeah, I think coming in during the noon and going to other islands till 9ish would be the best solution.

Hey everyone! Just got back from Orlando. WWoHP is just amazing, I'll post some of my pics later. We were in the very very front of the line on opening day so we got to watch the opening ceremony and see Dan and Rupert and everyone. By the way, if anyone is worried about wait times for FJ, if you dont mind being separated, use the single rider line. We did this and the wait was at most 10 min, and we did not get separated that often (I think we rode this at least 10 times, it is just absolutely incredible). Oh and I had a lot of people take my picture because they liked my shirt (make love not horcruxes). If that was anyone on here, i would love to see it!
I think I saw you! I loved those shirts XD Were you with two others?

--- Update ---

Its odd how much info was flowing on here before opening, but the past few days when its actually open, its been impossible to get any info! Why isn't WWOHP on the wait times site?
It really has slowed down considerably. I think it's because of all the special events and soft openings before hand. All of that was leading up to the long-awaited Grand Opening on the 18th, and now that it's over, it's basically all reviews and status reports instead of speculation and 'I can't wait!'s

--- Update ---

It really has slowed down considerably. I think it's because of all the special events and soft openings before hand. All of that was leading up to the long-awaited Grand Opening on the 18th, and now that it's over, it's basically all reviews and status reports instead of speculation and 'I can't wait!'s. I'm still checking here often because I absolutely loved it (even dreamed about it last night...though it was a nightmare about the bomb threat that occured) and I'm coming back very soon.

I'm still checking here often because I absolutely loved it (even dreamed about it last night...though it was a nightmare about the bomb threat that occured) and I'm coming back very soon.

After I watched the Grand Opening ceremony, I took a nap and had a dream that it had just opened, and I was trying to warn everyone that it was a 7 hour wait, but no one cared. The effect that all the Potterwatch and news updates and my keeping up with them has had on me!