The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 671 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"That's a good suggestion."

They can't be serious. They have to know the coaster's not themed right as it's not painted to fit the theme. They have to know, right? Or do they not want to admit that there's something they missed?

Glad to hear they know they messed up with DC. Hopefully it gets the queue and added details it deserves...but I agree--Hulk's paint job should be the #1 priority.

I got another ride on Forbidden Journey today, bringing me up to 37 times. It was my first time back since soft openings. It was definitely busy.

Got in the single riders line at around 4:00 and was off the ride by 4:35 or so. The line was almost down the stairs and ended up being down the stairs when I got off the ride. Standby was a 75 minute wait.

So, is this Infinitus convention causing trouble or inconveniences? Are there thousands adding up the numbers in the WW?

No. There were a certain amount of tickets sold. The event was held last night though so I'm not sure what you mean if your talking about "A night of a thousand wizards"... But no, the crowd was controlled due to a limited number of tickets (and the fact that the party was private. Only Infinitus attendees were allowed in the WWoHP last night).

I'd just like to comment how much I love the back patio of The Three Broomsticks. It was fantastically not overflowing with people, unlike the rest of Hogsmeade.
I totally agree. And like someone mentioned a loooong time ago: It felt amazing to be looking at the bridge from that angle, instead of only dreaming.

I went to the Infinitus event, and since it's semi-related to this, I'll tell you guys about it:

The event started at 10, and we were taken to the eighth Voyage of Sinbad theater. We were supposed to be getting a presentation, and while we were waiting there was a bit of an informal show going on with people dressed up as HP characters reanacting certain scenes. This turned out to be better than the actual presentation. A lady who I guess was high-up in Universal came and talked about WWoHP and showed us a video covering all the grand opening stuff. That was nice, but we were all still waiting for the good stuff. They ended up playing the NBC special, and at that point, I felt a bit cheated. It was supposed to be a presention by the 'brains of WWoHP'. I eventually left, and a good thing too, because I was in the front of the crowd to get in. The outside of the theater filled up fast, and they didn't let us in until 11:30. Everyone was pretty peeved especially since it was so hot and crowded behind the rope keeping us out. It was set to end at 1:30.

So they finally let us in, and it was pretty fun. They were handing out free butterbeer in smaller cups than usual ('cept you could just get back in line and get more). I headed straight to Ollivanders and then FJ. I rode FJ for my third time total, and it was as great as usual (only a 20 minute wait). After I got off the ride, I thought of going on it again, but it was closed. And their was still about an hour or a little less left of the event. I headed over to Dragon Challenge, but we couldn't rent lockers. It said they were all full even though we saw many people emptying their lockers. We didn't have anything to do with our wands, so we couldn't ride it. We went to ride Hippogriff (no wait) then headed off back to Dragon Challenge to see if the issue has been resolved. But, with 30 minutes still left in the event, they closed DC. So I just shopped with what little money I had left and got some butterbeer for the rest of the time.

Overall, it was fun, but I think many attendees felt a bit cheated because it was implied that we would have more time in the park, and the presentation would be exclusive and interesting, not something we can just watch on YouTube.

We went Friday night (seems like that's our usual thing now) and it was about as crowded as it normally is. At around 8pm we got in the single rider line for FJ and it was about 15 minutes to wait. The posted time was 70 minutes. We really got a kick out of the Infinitus people dressed like Potter characters. There was one lady dressed like Umbridge and I'm not ashamed to say that lady frightened me! lol

But as far as crowds or wait times for rides, it was like a normal evening.

I totally agree. And like someone mentioned a loooong time ago: It felt amazing to be looking at the bridge from that angle, instead of only dreaming.

Indeed, that feeling was full of amazement and achievement. Here is that view and couple of more from the patio.

1hpdn6.jpg

ft5hj.jpg

2mrgmdv.jpg

2i7pdno.jpg

ivh343.jpg

Overall, it was fun, but I think many attendees felt a bit cheated because it was implied that we would have more time in the park, and the presentation would be exclusive and interesting, not something we can just watch on YouTube.

That does not bode well for future conventions in the WW. Sounds horribly mismanaged and taken for granted by UOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1uqoub5UEc

omg, its super,duper packed!!!! Thats why Im gonna wait until November to go because this is crazy !

Truly a nightmare. Thank goodness I have yet to attend. And word has it that they have little product inventory...
Interesting that although many describe the entire park very detailed, I have not heard mentioned any one particular part of the park that contains a mind blowing effect; a tour de force of modern magic.

That does not bode well for future conventions in the WW. Sounds horribly mismanaged and taken for granted by UOR.

Truly a nightmare. Thank goodness I have yet to attend. And word has it that they have little product inventory...
Interesting that although many describe the entire park very detailed, I have not heard mentioned any one particular part of the park that contains a mind blowing effect; a tour de force of modern magic.

What do you mean by "mind blowing"? There are many magical effects, and in the castle it snows! it's a spoiler, highlight to read. I don't understand what you mean by "mind blowing" effects? The detail is amazing, not just because of magic (although we see many of it's uses) but because we see things like Pygmy Puffs, and the puking figure in Zonkos window, the same one we saw in Half Blood Prince. Detailed does not mean that we want a battle in Hogsmeade (although a certain person who's name oddly rhymes with Snape expected battles and magic throughout Hogsmeade). It means we want to see little things in shop windows like the Venemous Tentacula seed packet, etc... Although products are not in stock now, after this initial craze of WWoHP ends, I'm sure that merchandise will be fully stocked once again and you will be able to buy things, and I expect in August that they will release the promised Extendible Ears...

Last edited:
Hey everyone, first post :D

I've been lurking OU for months following WWHP come to life. I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone on here who has shared info, pictures, riddles, and everything else. It's been quite a journey! I'm very happy to say I will be at the park from 30th July for a week! This forum has really made me so excited to finally be going. I can't thank you guys enough.