The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 669 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just now heading home from 3 amazing days at Universal. I don't know if this has been mentioned -- haven't been keeping up with this thread -- but when did they replace the awesome butterbeer mugs with crappy cups? boo. Any ways, I'll be on my laptop later tonight.

Last edited:
Should I go to the WWOHP now or later. I could go whenever time I want but I dont want the crowds. My parents are like "We can go whenever you want" so I dont know. Also, how is the rest of the park, is it really packed ??

Should I go to the WWOHP now or later. I could go whenever time I want but I dont want the crowds. My parents are like "We can go whenever you want" so I dont know. Also, how is the rest of the park, is it really packed ??

Your lucky. I'm jealous! I don't know what you want to do there... If you just want to shop, then I suggest going later when there aren't lines for the shop, if you just want to get on the rides, again, go later. If you want to get into Ollivanders... Errr, go two months ago xD... But seriously, if you want to do everything, just go now and decide what you want to do most when you get there and get right in line for it...

I'm just now heading home from 3 amazing days at Universal. I don't know if this has been mentioned -- haven't been keeping up with this thread -- but when did they replace the awesome butterbeer mugs with crappy cups? boo. Any ways, I'll be on my laptop later tonight.

The mugs are extra and you have to pay for them.

Your lucky. I'm jealous! I don't know what you want to do there... If you just want to shop, then I suggest going later when there aren't lines for the shop, if you just want to get on the rides, again, go later. If you want to get into Ollivanders... Errr, go two months ago xD... But seriously, if you want to do everything, just go now and decide what you want to do most when you get there and get right in line for it...

Lol, dont be jealous. Its just that my mom is a teacher so she has summer vacation too. Does anyone know if you still have to wait to get inside the WWOHP and if so how long.

Last edited:
no no no no nooooo. I know that. But they didn't have any mugs. Instead, you could purchase a cup. They still had the mugs for the Hog's Head Ale, though.

I'm guess they made the switch because these new cups are stackable, so they take up less room.
Nobody knows, but I'm really glad I got two of the mugs before they stopped producing them [forever?].

The real question is, if you showed up with the original mug, would they still fill it with refills?

The real question is, if you showed up with the original mug, would they still fill it with refills?

I can't think of a reason why they would say no.

@FloRida - If by any time you mean, multiple times because you have an AP, then go now just to see it if nothing else. If not, I'd say wait a while to get the most of it.

About the fans, they were pretty obvious, but even without mist, they certainly work.

As Mantaguy said, I'm sure they do. They still accept all 3 of my refillable red cups at both parks even though the design has changed several times. All 3 cups are different designs and all three are still accepted. I'd expect this to be the same.

If you go now, go in the evening. We usually get there about 5pm, head over to US for some rides then about 8pm head over to WWoHP. Crowds aren't too bad then. So far, we've found that Sunday night is pretty good. 30 min wait for FJ, no waiting for FoH & DC. My kids love FoH and were thrilled to ride it 4 times in a row.

no no no no nooooo. I know that. But they didn't have any mugs. Instead, you could purchase a cup. They still had the mugs for the Hog's Head Ale, though.

I'm guess they made the switch because these new cups are stackable, so they take up less room.

My turn:

NO NO NO NOOOOO! Are you serious? They don't have mugs anymore?! WTH!!! I haven't been there yet and they stopped making them? Well most of their shelves are empty too so I hope they are filled back up by September, but I wanted a mug, oh well, I'll get a Hogs Head Ale mug and enjoy mah beer.

Yeah, we've discussed the mugs in the merchandise thread :( I noticed it when I was there this past weekend...and I can CONFIRM that they give you refills--I got two throughout the day with my stein, so yes, they honor the refills in the old cup.
Have fun TSSD!

My friend went to check out HP this morning at around 8:30am and he told me it was a 2 1/2 hour wait. Not sure if he was completely right or not though. I guess I will continue to avoid the area.

Just thought I would share I'm in line for the fj right now. Sorry had to brag and its brokedown .