The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 668 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately no I wasn't

In that case, I will try to explain it again for you.

First off, welcome to the site! :wave:

Waits in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter have been pretty high lately. Forbidden Journey has been holding a wait of anywhere from 90 to 120 minutes. Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff both are usually no more than a 30 or 40 minute wait. Ollivanders has been having a wait of 90+ minutes daily. The line for drinks in Hog's Head is anywhere from no wait to 15 minutes.

As for when you should visit the island, I would recommend different things depending on what you would like to see. In the mornings, there is a line to enter the island. By noon or 1 PM, the line is gone and you may enter the island with no wait. The island is the least busy at night. As it gets later, more people leave and the crowds die down a little. If you would like to see Ollivanders, I would recommend going to it right when the park opens or late at night.

Either way, enjoy your trip! The island is wonderful.

In that case, I will try to explain it again for you.

First off, welcome to the site! :wave:

Waits in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter have been pretty high lately. Forbidden Journey has been holding a wait of anywhere from 90 to 120 minutes. Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff both are usually no more than a 30 or 40 minute wait. Ollivanders has been having a wait of 90+ minutes daily. The line for drinks in Hog's Head is anywhere from no wait to 15 minutes.

As for when you should visit the island, I would recommend different things depending on what you would like to see. In the mornings, there is a line to enter the island. By noon or 1 PM, the line is gone and you may enter the island with no wait. The island is the least busy at night. As it gets later, more people leave and the crowds die down a little. If you would like to see Ollivanders, I would recommend going to it right when the park opens or late at night.

Either way, enjoy your trip! The island is wonderful.

Thank you :)

I am a bit scared of the Dragons Challenge ride, I never knew it was the Duelling Dragons ride before and have seen videos on YouTube of it. Would you say that it is a scary ride? Also in Ollivanders even if I am not chosen, which I'm under the impression won't be likely as I've heard they favour small children, will I still be able to buy a birthday wand or will I have to buy a character one? I am a bit anxious about the pricing too, I know that a lot of stuff will be expensive and I am not looking to buy everything but I would like to buy some Butterbeer, a wand, a t-shirt, chocolate frog, Bertie Botts Every Flavour beans along with quite a bit of sweets. How much are rememberall's? I am not sure whether to buy one or not, has anyone on here bought one? Anything else you would reccomend me buying?

I am a bit scared of the Dragons Challenge ride, I never knew it was the Duelling Dragons ride before and have seen videos on YouTube of it. Would you say that it is a scary ride? Also in Ollivanders even if I am not chosen, which I'm under the impression won't be likely as I've heard they favour small children, ill I still be able to buy a birthday wand or will I have to buy a character one? I am a bit anxious about the pricing too, I know that a lot of stuff will be expensive and I am not looking to buy everything but I would like to buy some Butterbeer, a wand, a t-shirt, chocolate frog, Bertie Botts Every Flavour beans along with quite a bit of sweets. How much are rememberall's? I am not sure whether to buy one or not, has anyone on here bought one? Anything else you would reccomend me buying?

No problem! The Dragon Challenge ride can be scary on your first ride depending on what you've ridden in the past. If you like coasters, you'll love the ride. The Chinese Fireball side (Red) is more airtime and height while the Hungarian Horntail side (Blue) is more inversions. I would recommend giving it a try just to see if you like it because it's a great coaster. If you are too afraid, you can still walk through the queue and use one of the exits before the ride portion.

Even if you are not picked in Ollivanders, you can still purchase a birthday wand. I'm not quite sure how much remembralls are though.

I am a bit scared of the Dragons Challenge ride, I never knew it was the Duelling Dragons ride before and have seen videos on YouTube of it. Would you say that it is a scary ride? Also in Ollivanders even if I am not chosen, which I'm under the impression won't be likely as I've heard they favour small children, will I still be able to buy a birthday wand or will I have to buy a character one? I am a bit anxious about the pricing too, I know that a lot of stuff will be expensive and I am not looking to buy everything but I would like to buy some Butterbeer, a wand, a t-shirt, chocolate frog, Bertie Botts Every Flavour beans along with quite a bit of sweets. How much are rememberall's? I am not sure whether to buy one or not, has anyone on here bought one? Anything else you would reccomend me buying?

Well, if it's your first rollercoaster, it can be a bit intimidating. However, it is a fun ride, and it was my first hanging coaster.

Ollivanders does NOT just choose children. There have been plenty of people who are much older than 18 that have been chosen. However, in the likely event that you aren't chosen (there are 24 other people in there), you are able to purchase a birthday wand in the Owl Post...

How were you even able post on this site knowing so much secret stuff about WWoHP?

What do you mean? I don't know anything about the design and layouts of the WW. Nothing. And if I did, I would post a riddle and let someone else figure it out. But I know nothing. (a woman named Dolores just handed me a special quill that needs no ink and asked me to write on paper "I must not tell lies")

I am a bit scared of the Dragons Challenge ride, I never knew it was the Duelling Dragons ride before and have seen videos on YouTube of it. Would you say that it is a scary ride?

Terrifies me to this day. Hulk terrified me the first time (first mega steel coaster for me). Hulk is like a carriage ride for me now... DC still terrifies me as I worry that they haven't locked me in correctly and that the shoulder thingys will lose their ratcheted hold or they forgot to check my seat belt. Watch the line as people exit... it is a hoot as many are a bit tipsy and off balance. I ride it only to "stretch" my bravery when I think it needs stretching.

Last edited:
Ollivanders does NOT just choose children. There have been plenty of people who are much older than 18 that have been chosen. However, in the likely event that you aren't chosen (there are 24 other people in there), you are able to purchase a birthday wand in the Owl Post...
Are they only doing it by birthdays for the "chosen" people in Ollivanders now? Prior to GO they would sometimes ask the birthday but sometimes they did not...in those cases, I'm guessing the wandkeeper chose what he thought was suitable. My husband was not asked his b-day when chosen and we saw others who were not several times.

Are they only doing it by birthdays for the "chosen" people in Ollivanders now? Prior to GO they would sometimes ask the birthday but sometimes they did not...in those cases, I'm guessing the wandkeeper chose what he thought was suitable. My husband was not asked his b-day when chosen and we saw others who were not several times.

I have heard mixed, sometimes he'll ask what the birthday is, sometimes he'll just ask the name and go into the mystical mode...

What do you mean? I don't know anything about the design and layouts of the WW. Nothing. And if I did, I would post a riddle and let someone else figure it out. But I know nothing. (a woman named Dolores just handed me a special quill that needs no ink and asked me to write on paper "I must not tell lies")

Terrifies me to this day. Hulk terrified me the first time (first mega steel coaster for me). Hulk is like a carriage ride for me now... DC still terrifies me as I worry that they haven't locked me in correctly and that the shoulder thingys will lose their ratcheted hold or they forgot to check my seat belt. Watch the line as people exit... it is a hoot as many are a bit tipsy and off balance. I ride it only to "stretch" my bravery when I think it needs stretching.
The only thing I suggest is that if you are not in need of modified seating, do not let them put you there...because that happened to me my first time on it, and the restraint was loose the entire ride...it scared the crap out of me...Otherwise, you should be fine. Hulk is more dizzying for me than DC, but I find DC to be scarier...Both are thrilling and fun coasters. I went on them by myself years ago when I was 13 (never had been on a coaster by myself, and they were my first few upside down rides) and I was A-okay, aside from the restraint issue.

Last edited:
Well, if it's your first rollercoaster, it can be a bit intimidating. However, it is a fun ride, and it was my first hanging coaster.

No it's not my first, I've been on a fair few scary rides before but I don't think I've ever been on a floorless coaster which I think DC is?

ooh that's good then, I hope I do get picked but in the likely case that I do not get chosen is the presentation worth staying to see?

Yep, DC is floorless. It was my first dangling one, but it was okay. Honestly, it never made too much of a difference for me since I'm short already and can never reach the floor of most coasters (besides things like the Rock N Roller coaster).

DC is a great inverted coaster, Montu to me is still the best in the world. But the only thing I really hate about inverted coasters is you really can't see what is happening unless you're in the front row.

No it's not my first, I've been on a fair few scary rides before but I don't think I've ever been on a floorless coaster which I think DC is?

ooh that's good then, I hope I do get picked but in the likely case that I do not get chosen is the presentation worth staying to see?

Yes, DC is floorless, but it's a good first floorless coaster. Trust me, it's quite fun.

Yes, every review says that it's worth a watch, that it's a nice little show even if you aren't picked, so I suggest taking some time out to see it...

Well, technically the DC trains do not have a floor, so in essence they are floor-less coasters. But by classification, DC are two inverted coasters. The term "floorless" refers to coasters whose cars run above the track, yet the riders' feet still dangle freely. The only floorless coaster in Orlando is Kraken at Sea World. Both Kraken and the Dragons were manufactured by Bolliger and Mabillard.

Good news from the Orlando Sentinel:
A minor piece of good news for all the folks having to slog through the outdoor greenhouse portion of the queue for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: More fans are on the way.

Universal recently obtained a permit to install more fans in that part of the Forbidden Journey line, which, as the only portion of the winding queue that is outdoors, is undoubtedly the hottest and hardest part of waiting for the ride. (It’s possible the extra fans have already been installed; the permit was issued a week ago today.)

^ The fans were installed between Thursday and Sunday, I personally thought they stuck out, even with the netting they put over them, but if it helps for that portion than I'm all for that.

Edit: Unless they weren't on at the time (there wasn't a queue in the outside greenhouse portion) they weren't misting fans.