The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 666 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My girlfriend and I are considering visiting the world tomorrow. We visited it during the softs and had a great time but we haven't been back since. I'm trying to get a rough average estimate of wait times if we do go. Single rider for FJ? The rest of the world ? Thanks guys

My girlfriend and I are considering visiting the world tomorrow. We visited it during the softs and had a great time but we haven't been back since. I'm trying to get a rough average estimate of wait times if we do go. Single rider for FJ? The rest of the world ? Thanks guys

From my experiences:

FJ Single Rider- Anywhere from walk-on to a 30 minute wait.
Ollivanders- Usually 90+ minutes all day
Shops- Not too sure
Hog's Head- 15 minutes
Three Broomsticks- I've seen it anywhere from no wait to 45+ minutes to get in.
DC- From 10 minutes to about 30 minutes.
FotH- No more than 40 minutes, usually much shorter

My brother and relative went on Spiderman prior to going on FJ, and preferred SM much more, though my relative did like FJ. My brother felt really let down by FJ.
Seriously, though...if you get sick easily on rides: TAKE DRAMANINE. I had some with me, but unforunately the cap unscrewed in my bag and they all got crushed :(

I just posted a picture of the "secret" butterbeer cart almost no one knows about (and a video of the two-step process of pouring it and a do-it-yourself vid): http://bit.ly/bkLsfh

They seem to open that cart when it's crazy busy. It was just closing when I got there the other other and took the pic. Makes sense because the line at the main cart was very short.

Uhh... I just came off oh FJ in a secret loading station behind the normal one.
it was a moving walkway-less loading station.

i'm not sure if this is common info

Uhh... I just came off oh FJ in a secret loading station behind the normal one.
it was a moving walkway-less loading station.

i'm not sure if this is common info

Yes, we have been told about that and then you had a really really long exit. Something tells me that the next passenger(s) to on ride your car was handicapped in some way and they needed a machine in position on that track side for pickup of theses next passengers. Interesting. We have been told the car takes a wicked turn to get onto that alternate track.

Hmmm.... I have always maintained that the very beginning of this ride is a black hole for me. Has anyone actually used the handicap elevator and could you tell us how you made it to the far side of the main track? Did you get to move through the dumbledore/darks arts queue first?

The only way that I can see that you could get to the other side is either OVER the track or there is a second elevator that I am unaware of that one can gain entrance to by traveling under the track. And I see no such access for the "under" the track scenario. This is a big new mystery that I never stopped to figure out.

It is very interesting the elevator I know of is a two door elevator and it appears that it can open on either side on the second floor; either to a mystery hallway that apparently takes them directly to the ride or the other door that opens to the express queue... so why the two options on the second level? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
A ramp would have been a better design for the normal exit...I mean, some people get really dizzy on the ride, and then they have to walk down stairs.

Yes! The secret unloading station. After my very 1st ride on FJ during previews i came off in another location. I had to go down a corridor to an elevator which suprisingly had another floor you could go to. I remember it was kind of confusing to get out...

Also, the ending of th ride is different as well....

Yes! The secret unloading station. After my very 1st ride on FJ during previews i came off in another location. I had to go down a corridor to an elevator which suprisingly had another floor you could go to. I remember it was kind of confusing to get out...

Also, the ending of th ride is different as well....

Could you possibly tell us the alternate ending of the ride in the spoilers thread or PM me the ending?

He's kidding.

Well, refer back to my earlier posting. I have questions and I think someone on here can answer them.

If I have to do a Bugs Bunny impersonation of Lionel Barrymore, then I will to figure this out!!!... (and that just flew over 99% of your heads.) One of the classic animated shorts of all time... HINT: "Gentlemen of the jury....."

You know, I've only been out the ADA queue, never the regular exit. I'[ve loaded through the normal queue, but always oof the vehicle through ADA. I know the ADA exit like the back of my hand, but I couldn't tell you what the GP exit looks like. I never thought abou tthat until just reading this...

I can't say much... But I will say 3 things
1. The elevator goes both up and down from the loading platform level (answer this question: if there are three floors, why are there four buttons?)
2. Both
(3. I will post in spoilers because I don't know what people consider "spoilers")

Last edited:
All that I can offer is that I road herky jerky Dinosaur 2 weeks after cracking a rib... (and for those of you that have done that, it takes about 8 weeks to heal the intense pain from that kind of injury) It was iffy ouchy but I love wild rides so much I didn't care... and it didn't seem to aggravate the problem as I held on tight and braced my bod.

On another note... Someone who's last name on here ends with doll should clean her PM messages before sending someone a question as they cannot reply!

Sorry, didn't know it was full before I went on a little mini vacation. Not full now :)

--- Update ---

I just posted a picture of the "secret" butterbeer cart almost no one knows about (and a video of the two-step process of pouring it and a do-it-yourself vid): http://bit.ly/bkLsfh

They seem to open that cart when it's crazy busy. It was just closing when I got there the other other and took the pic. Makes sense because the line at the main cart was very short.

Nice picture! We were standing in the shade by the Snowman waiting for the next set of entertainers when we noticed a guy popping out of the doors with mugs of frozen butterbeer. At the cart we noticed they had water, juices and pumpkin juice but didn't see anything saying they were selling Butterbeer. We picked up a few more pumpkin juice there and noted it for a quick Butterbeer later in the afternoon.

Hi there, I am going to Florida in 8 days time, it will be my first time visiting there and I'm mainly going for the theme parks, in particular WWoHP because I've been a huge HP fan since a small child. I am really excited to visit the HP theme park as it's always been a dream of mine to visit the Hogwarts castle and to visit a replica will be a surreal moment. I am arriving on the 20th of July and will probably venture to the WWoHP on my second day there (21st July), what shall I expect for waiting times? I know that I will have to do a fair bit of waiting because it will be the summer holidays and lots of tourists like myself will be travelling to Orlando but should I prepare myself for waiting times on the rides for over 2 hours?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Here is a silly question for everyone...

Can you Enter the Wizarding world from both sides? (Lost Continent & Jurassic Park)

The reason I'm asking is because it seems on videos and posts on other sites that its only through the Jurassic Park side... (or is this just a morning thing when the park opens?)
Anyone wanna clear this up for me??