The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 664 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So while browsing through the online store, I noticed that the birch wood and the holly wood wands look exactly the same... This could be because... a) it's simply the wrong picture; they made a mistake. b) they still don't have all of the wands, so they're basically lying. c) the wands are supposed to look the exact same... which I highly doubt...

On a side note, I'm quite pleased that my wand -- Ivy, that is -- doesn't have one of those skulls on it. I've already read from a few people who have turned down these wands, despite it being their wand, because they look more along the lines of a death eater's wand.

I think they made a mistake putting those skulls on any of the wands. I'm so happy that mine looks cool. (Ash)

So while browsing through the online store, I noticed that the birch wood and the holly wood wands look exactly the same... This could be because... a) it's simply the wrong picture; they made a mistake. b) they still don't have all of the wands, so they're basically lying. c) the wands are supposed to look the exact same... which I highly doubt...

On a side note, I'm quite pleased that my wand -- Ivy, that is -- doesn't have one of those skulls on it. I've already read from a few people who have turned down these wands, despite it being their wand, because they look more along the lines of a death eater's wand.

Those sure as hell are the same wands. Same length, design, box, etc.

It was pretty bad of Universal to state that those non-character wands would only be available in WWOHP, then go ahead and sell them online to everyone. What's the point of "area-exclusive merchandise" if it isn't exclusive?

Colleen--you are 10000% correct. I've been let down by Disney a couple times when I was younger. Even though I still like Disney, the magic has worn off...but the WWoHP gave me a feeling I've never experienced at a theme park before. I really felt like I was there. Hogwarts may be hollow, but you still get to "go through" it, in a sense. So you actually get something out of it. For fans of the series, it's the coolest thing in the world to be able to walk into Hogsmeade...but then when you turn that corner and you see the castle looming over you, it's like the print on the paper has been personified in front of your eyes. This is where Hogwarts has the upper hand on Disney's castle. Walking through the hallways was an emotional experience. For a reader of the books, or as a movie-watcher, it can be very powerful. I know two things struck me in particular throughout the queue--the entrance to Dumbledore's office, and the pensieve in his office. Both are very significant in the story, so it felt all the more alive for me.
So for me, Hogwarts trumps Cinderella...but I may be biased since I spent most of my childhood reading and watching movies like Jurassic Park rather than watching Cinderella (though I adore classic Disney films--most of the ones I liked were in the realm of Fox and the Hound, Aladin, and Robin Hood)

Last edited:
Collean-- Enjoyed your story and I'm sorry for your disappointment. I do question one thing though. You state that the restaurant in the castle was booked for three years. Really? Can anyone confirm this?

That's impossible. Reservations cannot be made until 180 days before your trip.

True for all other restaurants in Disney. When we booked our package (2008) I was told the restaurant in Cinderella's castle was booked up for the next 3 years. I was surprised myself when they told me, that is why I remember.

I asked a couple of days ago, please someone post the birthdates associated with their wands. I don't have access here at work to look it up.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Thank you so much for the link, could copy and paste it here as well?? Thanks a bunch.

Here it is:

Birch December 24 to January 20
Rowan January 21 to February 17
Ash February 18 to March 17
Alder March 18 to April 14
Willow April 15 to May 12
Hawthorn May 13 to June 9
Oak June 10 to July 7
Holly July 8 to August 4
Hazel August 5 to September 1
Vine September 2 to September 29
Ivy September 30 to October 27
Reed October 28 to November 24
Elder November 25 to December 22

Good almost-evening to all. I have a kind of odd question.
I hurt my neck and have been trying to nurse it back ot full strength for my trip to Universal tomorrow with my relative from out of town. I think I pulled a muscle working out, but I'm not sure. I think I'll be okay on some of the rides that aren't as jerky, but I've never been on FJ--even when I was there for the GO. Do you think it'll be safe for me to go on if my neck is still sore tomorrow? Or will it be too rough?
Thanks!

Why is the DC queue so long, even though there is never more than a 20 min wait time ??
Also, do the chimneys in Hogsmead let out smoke, picture ???

Last edited:
I hurt my neck and have been trying to nurse it back ot full strength for my trip to Universal tomorrow with my relative from out of town. I think I pulled a muscle working out, but I'm not sure. I think I'll be okay on some of the rides that aren't as jerky, but I've never been on FJ--even when I was there for the GO. Do you think it'll be safe for me to go on if my neck is still sore tomorrow? Or will it be too rough?
Thanks!

The ride is very smooth and fluid. It only whips you once in the (SPOILER): dementor scene. I think you'll be fine, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide. I hope you have a good trip!

Thanks!

All that I can offer is that I road herky jerky Dinosaur 2 weeks after cracking a rib... (and for those of you that have done that, it takes about 8 weeks to heal the intense pain from that kind of injury) It was iffy ouchy but I love wild rides so much I didn't care... and it didn't seem to aggravate the problem as I held on tight and braced my bod.

On another note... Someone who's last name on here ends with doll should clean her PM messages before sending someone a question as they cannot reply!

Last edited:
Why is the DC queue so long, even though there is never more than a 20 min wait time ??
Also, do the chimneys in Hogsmead let out smoke, picture ???

Never seen the chimneys smoke except once before the opening.

DD had a very long, detailed queue. It was one of the best in the world. Universal did not want to spend the money to tear down the building and build a queue that was reasonable for what they wanted to put in it. So they smoothed out all of the dungeon corridors and made it uber boring. I also think there wasn't enough time to totally re-make the DC queue. It's my only disappointment.

Argh, lost my bloddy Premier Pass tonight at WWoHP. I found the secret butterbeer cart but it had just closed so joined the relatively short main cart line. Noticed a woman at my side who I thought cut me, while she thought I cut her. After exchanging mild words, we both realized we weren't the types to cut and realized we both were sincere in our belief. Thus we each offered to let the other ahead; I ended up insisting she go when I discovered it was her family's first time trying the nectar of the Gods. We had a very pleasant conversation for the rest of the line, and I showed her my Premier pass, which I had taken out in the vain hope they had instituted the discount at the cart. Then sat down with my butterbeer and must not have put it back in my lanyard 'cause I discovered it was gone when I tried to use it at Valet. Kudos to CityWalk Guest Services for helping me out. I got lots of cool little video clips with my Flip that I'll post later (butterbeer being poured/foam being added, quick interview with conductor, length Ollivanders line, etc.).