Star Tours 3D | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Inside The Magic:
Disney has launched a new Star Tours page on Facebook where fans can “like” the attraction in anticipation of its enhanced reopening next month.

The page reveals Floridians will have a chance to learn more about Star Tours 2 in one of four upcoming special mall appearances that will include R2-D2, C-3PO, Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie!

SATURDAY, APRIL 16 – AVENTURA MALL – MIAMI
SATURDAY, APRIL 30 – ORANGE PARK MALL – JACKSONVILLE
SATURDAY, MAY 7 – WESTFIELD CITRUS PARK MALL – TAMPA
SATURDAY, MAY 14 – THE FLORIDA MALL – ORLANDO

Also in the Facebook page’s photo album, Disney has added three new pieces of artwork showing off destinations theme park guests will fly to when they step aboard the new Star Tours: The Adventures Continue ride. It appears the underwater Gungan city on Naboo will be visited:
naboo.jpg

The beautiful landscapes of Kashyyyk will play a part in Star Tours 2:
kashyyyk.jpg

And Star Wars fans will be overjoyed to have a chance to take part in the famous Hoth battle, perhaps helping to take down an AT-AT or two:
hoth.jpg

In addition, Disney appears to be touting the new 3D aspect of the attraction, which will be a vast improvement over the original version of the ride:
startours-3d.jpg

Whether you call it Star Tours 3D, Star Tours 2, or Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, the new attraction will premiere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 20, 2011 and at Disneyland in California on June 3, 2011.

First Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, now Star Tours 3D?
I'm not sure which one is worse! Not to mention the fact that we're seeing Gungans, I swear, if Jar Jar is in this ride...:mad:

Not to Mention, I'm still not sure how 3D will work with this ride, it's way too overused nowadays, and when you're in the cabin of a ship, things do NOT pop out at you. :mad: Anyway, rant over! :lol:

First Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, now Star Tours 3D?
I'm not sure which one is worse! Not to mention the fact that we're seeing Gungans, I swear, if Jar Jar is in this ride...:mad:

Not to Mention, I'm still not sure how 3D will work with this ride, it's way too overused nowadays, and when you're in the cabin of a ship, things do NOT pop out at you. :mad: Anyway, rant over! :lol:

My guess is that the 3D won't be to have things leap out at you, but instead to enhance what you're already seeing and make it seem more.. there, like you're looking OUT at it, not at a projection on a screen. That's my best guess. I'm fairly certain that they're going to do to 3D what some of the better 3D movies have done; put you in the ride more.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal, I think. No reason to worry. I think the thing that bothers me most is Hoth, since doesn't this technically take place between Episode 3 and Episode 4? Funny stuff is afoot.

They are probably calling it "Star Tours 3D" for the mall tour (and star tours 2 for promotional material in some cases) but using "The Adventures Continue" in the parks... much like how it's Toy Story Mania! everywhere but inside the parks where they remember the word "Midway."

Must admit, never done the Star Tours ride... Is this the same as BTTF and Simpsons, where you sit in/on a moving cart and the cart rises up and moves around quite wildly?

Must admit, never done the Star Tours ride... Is this the same as BTTF and Simpsons, where you sit in/on a moving cart and the cart rises up and moves around quite wildly?

No. Star Tours was the first generation of flight simulators. BTTF/Simpsons is light years ahead in technology

No. Star Tours was the first generation of flight simulators. BTTF/Simpsons is light years ahead in technology

But is it not essentially the same format? Even if Simpsons uses more modern "vehicles". Also, have they updated the ride system for STTAC or are they using the same vehicles/technology?

But is it not essentially the same format? Even if Simpsons uses more modern "vehicles". Also, have they updated the ride system for STTAC or are they using the same vehicles/technology?

The only really big difference is that in ST you're in an enclosed cabin, and the screen is in the front "window" of the cabin. Also, ST moves you around a little less wildly than Simpsons, and the people aren't yellow, except for C3PO.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're using the same 3D as the new nintendo 3DS. It's like looking through a peep hole of a shoebox diarama.

Yeah I guess you could consider them the same format but thats like comparing an F14 Tomcat to a F22 Raptor. Yeah there both planes but the technology used is leap years ahead of the competition.

Star Tours 3-D is so much better than "The Adventure Continues".

And my word, how the HELL can we be at the Hoth battle when this is set between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope.

So I learned a valuable lesson today:

Always dress for the camera.

I literally rolled out of bed and headed to the mall and never would have thought that I would end up being interviewed. You'll see later. :lol:

So I learned a valuable lesson today:

Always dress for the camera.

I literally rolled out of bed and headed to the mall and never would have thought that I would end up being interviewed. You'll see later. :lol:

What channel?