Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for the other ones that gave difficulty, the colors were for the tutu, cotton candy, and "minion" yellow, the food one was pizza, and the animal one was the donkey, for when Gru says "your face is como un burro." For al lthe rest of the clues, we on OU nailed 'em! :lol:

I knew there was nothing in that window. It was soooo obvious.:embarassed::embarassed::lol:

Those people must have been killing themselves laughing at all those (not me) who were imagining things in the window.:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
If there really was nothing in the window, then that is one hell of a coincidence! I was one of the people who initially thought that there was nothing there until Briman outlined it and showed the comparison. After that, it seemed almost undeniable. I think Universal is toying with us...

Any idea when in 2012? We were thinking of going to Florida September 2012, although to be honest were only going to revisit IOA and visit Sea World and Typhoon Lagoon, but may do both Universals if there's a two-day ticket deal?

USF attractions that opened in May, my point is they will try for more of a late spring grand opening.
-T2-3D
-Twister (even though it was delayed from April)
-The Mummy
-Fear Factor
-The Simpsons
-HRRR which should of opened in May

You can also add Potter to the May/June area. Other parks do it too. Late spring is the early kick off for the big crowds to come into the summer.

This will be a good adition to the park. Despicable Me was good but it was not as good as say Wall-E or Finding Nemo. I wouldn't mind it being the same motion simulator setting because I think that even though the setup is not that interesting, it is still fun and works for the setting. I believe that the minion dance party will take over either the Sponge-bob meet-and-greet or the area closer to the gift-shop, I think there is some kind of Nick trivia thing there now. Either way there is a lot of space in that back area for them to play with and theme.

I'm still not particularly thrilled about this attraction. Me or my 4 year old daughter really didn't care for the movie, nor did I think this movie was popular enough to base a theme park attraction off of. But for Universal, it makes sense. They own the rights to Despicable Me, so obviously for them it's financially easier to base an attraction on one of their own movies, then spend the money trying to obtain the rights to another movie franchise like Ice Age or Madagascar, both of which I would have prefered over DM. But I can't judge until I've actually experienced it. We'll see.

I'm still not particularly thrilled about this attraction. Me or my 4 year old daughter really didn't care for the movie, nor did I think this movie was popular enough to base a theme park attraction off of. But for Universal, it makes sense. They own the rights to Despicable Me, so obviously for them it's financially easier to base an attraction on one of their own movies, then spend the money trying to obtain the rights to another movie franchise like Ice Age or Madagascar, both of which I would have prefered over DM. But I can't judge until I've actually experienced it. We'll see.

Universal does own the rights to Madagascar, along with all the other DreamWorks films.