Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What has been going on with the website, has all interactivity been totaly lost? What happened to the elaborate websites that we have been seeing since 2004? If we don't see major changes on the next update I'm going to start to get really worried. 2010 started a bad trend if that's so.

I regret never getting to experience The Thing: Assimilation. I know this new house is suppose to promote the prequel but I hope it still has some of the Carpenter feel to it.

What happened to the website? It's easy Universal figured out people are coming no matter what the website I mean Fanboys are going to come if they put a black webpage with the prices and dates period. So Universal decided to focus that money somewhere else.

I'm sure we'll get some sort of update soon enough guys. Don't worry, they know the website updates help with the build up of the event.

I honestly think at this point they're holding off on the website and letting small leaks happen on purpose. It's a great way to build interest among your fans and practically free.

I honestly think at this point they're holding off on the website and letting small leaks happen on purpose. It's a great way to build interest among your fans and practically free.
QUICK, everyone act like you don't care! lol. On another note, does anyone else get the feeling that The Thing house wasn't an idea from UC, but rather something that was pushed upon them by the studio? UO has said they wanted to do original content for HHN, so it would surprise me the first year of the "New Era of Darkness," they would go for something like this. I just get the feeling this is a gimmick cooked up by the studio's marketing team. I don't think it'll be a problem this year because of all the rave reviews of the house in '07, but I'd hate to see future events ruined for the sake of a glorified advertisment.

QUICK, everyone act like you don't care! lol. On another note, does anyone else get the feeling that The Thing house wasn't an idea from UC, but rather something that was pushed upon them by the studio? UO has said they wanted to do original content for HHN, so it would surprise me the first year of the "New Era of Darkness," they would go for something like this. I just get the feeling this is a gimmick cooked up by the studio's marketing team. I don't think it'll be a problem this year because of all the rave reviews of the house in '07, but I'd hate to see future events ruined for the sake of a glorified advertisment.

I know where your coming from and I agree. However, I think those guys at HHN aren't trying to do that. Hence the "New Age of Darkness". Keeping it all original and no outside crap. But since they already The Thing, I think the guys didn't mind doing it again.

That was the first thought that came to mind for me too, it just felt kind of forced with the direction the website appears to be going. I mean not all houses have to tie into a central theme or icon but we usually get these subtle hints building up to a house reveal. This was just more of a "ta-da, corporate has forced us to do this movie house to promote the upcoming film so here ya go" kind of feeling. Like you said though, I really like the 07 Thing house and I'm sure this will be a good one too. If I remember correctly it was in one of the tent things and it was really cold walking into it.

Yeah it was cold and definitely one of the best houses ever, but yes it probably was pushed on them by corporate, but I honestly don't think they put up much of a fight because of the success of the previous house.

All I remember of that house was a pool table the Thing at the end and the flashlight Nazis rushing us out. And Corporate RUNS the event, Yep that is why we got Doomsday, Dead Silence and some of the Bill and Ted crap.

What interested me more was the fact that it looks like we aren't getting a scarezone in the Mels area, and at the same time might be getting a brand new show. Arrival show anyone?

All I remember of that house was a pool table the Thing at the end and the flashlight Nazis rushing us out. And Corporate RUNS the event, Yep that is why we got Doomsday, Dead Silence and some of the Bill and Ted crap.

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I've never been to HHNO) but aren't The Thing and Dead Silence considered great houses?