Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was awesome & we spent a lot of time there just watching. For some reason, they scare the tar out of me but I kept going back through there. I will just need liquid courage to get through the house! haha

They just did Saws & Steam last year, don't need it again this one.
The Thing.... meh. I really hope it not in the SS as they probably won't let us photograph it on the tour, until the movie is released like the did with the Wolfman.

So its super official I just got the first HHN ad in my email for this year.

This Fall, live the terror of an all-new haunted house. Wager your sanity as you step right into the action of Universal Pictures' upcoming thriller "The Thing", only at Halloween Horror Nights®*21.

ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS
SAVE*up to*$45*
(With advance online purchase.)

Saws N Steam as a house? I don't know. I think it is better to be remained as a scarezone. More room for the chainsaws to run around and try to get you. In houses, chainsaws require alot of room to work more better as a scare.

Now, Asylum in Wonderland. That can work. More themeing, jump out scares, est....

It worked before.

It was a FL outpost with The Thing Assimilation though. A sequel to the 80s version of The Thing that took place in a FL research outpost. This will be based on the prequel film, so it will be set in the freezing temps. They better make that house freaking cold in some parts with icy blasts of wind.

It was a FL outpost with The Thing Assimilation though. A sequel to the 80s version of The Thing that took place in a FL research outpost. This will be based on the prequel film, so it will be set in the freezing temps. They better make that house freaking cold in some parts with icy blasts of wind.

Yea I know. However, being "not sold" on fake snow and parkas is kinda silly. That's not what the Thing house will rely on. Furthermore, fake snow/cold was used in 2007 with Home for the Holidays and it was worked well.

Well, I know that the two events are not run by the same people, but John Murdy (who is in charge of HHN Hollywood) just tweeted that The Thing will in fact be a "cold" maze. Now, both HHN's are very different, however if Hollywood is springing for the cold effect, I would only assume that Orlando would as well (and probably one-up the Hollywood effect, in all likelihood).

Reactions: Brian G.
I have no idea what The Thing is and therefore have no opinion on this development.

If you are a horror fan, do yourself a favor and check it out. Great use of practical effects that still hold up surprisingly well today. Some of the stuff in that movie is so twisted that it's never quite been matched in originality in grotesqueness.