Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Major Updates:

An employee has confirmed to me that, unlike most attraction closures, the Nickstuff store will be closing at the same time as Neutron. After the ride closes, the plan is to completely demolish the store, post-show, and ride entrance, and rebuild them from the ground up. The queue line is now going to be indoors.

This ain't gonna be a simple repaint job, folks.

It has also been confirmed that the SpongeBob meet and greet will be relocated to the KidZone. My guesses have turned out to be true as I have also found out that only the SpongeBob, Dora, and Diego merchandise will be moved from Nickstuff to the Cartoon Store. Everything else is gone. The SpongeBob penny press machine that's in Nickstuff is too going to be moved to the Kidzone. Everything is scheduled to be moved around three days after Neutron closes.

Major Updates:

An employee has confirmed to me that, unlike most attraction closures, the Nickstuff store will be closing at the same time as Neutron. After the ride closes, the plan is to completely demolish the store, post-show, and ride entrance, and rebuild them from the ground up. The queue line is now going to be indoors.

It has also been confirmed that the SpongeBob meet and greet will be relocated to the KidZone. My guesses have turned out to be true as I have also found out that only the SpongeBob, Dora, and Diego merchandise will be moved from Nickstuff to the Cartoon Store. Everything else is gone. The SpongeBob penny press machine that's in Nickstuff is too going to be moved to the Kidzone. Everything is scheduled to be moved around three days after Neutron closes.

Interesting. Glad to see SpongeBob get spared.

As for what will happen to the store, post show, and the ride entrance, this just makes the ride even more interesting! :inquisitive:

The indoor queue is big, big news. Looks like we'll be seeing a pretty nicely themed queue chamber (Gru's lab?). I wonder how they'll divy up the shop and Minion Dance Party space.

Also glad/intrigued to see Spongebob/Dora/Diego moving to KidZone. I sincerely hope they have enough sense to quit using Spongebob so prominently in resort advertising, though. His time is done. Let someone else grace the shopping bags.

Merchandise wise, it's a win win situation for Universal. I mean, to still have the cash cow that is Spongebob all the while introducing another cash cow in the Despciable Me minions? Couple that with all the Harry Potter crap people are buying, and Universal is gonna rake in the dough with merchandise.

I don't want to completely dismiss the report, but until I see demolition going on, I'm not buying the super-revamped queue. Employees aren't always the best source of info.

Indoor queue is great news. It was always miserable waiting outside for Neutron. Pretty surprised about the store and post show though. Although I guess it's good news for the hopes of an experience after the ride.

Just a thing about the nick contract. It may not of been Universals idea to not renew the contract. It seems as nick maybe going to make a theme park for themselves or just don't what their characters in theme parks anymore. This idea has come from the fact that the two theme parks I know have had Nick characters have both removed them at the same time. Universal Studios is one and Dreamworld in Australia has just ended their contract with Nick soon after then repainted the attractions, added more theming and a new ride (but they may of also got a better contract with Dreamworld so that may crush my theory).

Major Updates:

YES YES YES!!! All amazing news!!!!!

Only less then a month left until JNNB closes...

Around the time it closes, I'll post in full detail why I thought this ride was good and underrated.

But, I will give a sample and say one reason why I loved JNNB was because it successfully captured the spirit of Nickelodeon. That's something all movie/TV based rides NEED to strive to do. To capture what makes their source material what it is. It gives us a better illusion of "Riding the Movies" In turn, I honestly thought that Hanna-Barbera did NOT capture what made those cartoons what they are. To me, JNNB represents how Nickelodeon is fun with a lot of laughs and even the occasional thrill.

I personally never understood most of the criticisms that are launched against this attraction. It could have been done better, but again, I found this attraction to be way more enjoyable than most of the changes done to USF. The only thing that I will admit was underwhelming was the post-show. Hanna-Barbera's was better.

No offense, but I don't think many of the people here even understand what the attraction is supposed to embody. I keep hearing some say stuff like "This ride is about Jimmy Neutron, and he only appeals to kids, making this ride having little appeal to older folks". First off, this ride is NOT about Jimmy Neutron. A common fallacy. The ride is about Nickelodeon. Jimmy Neutron is simply just the host of the attraction, and quite frankly, they made a good decision in choosing him as the host. Plus, I know several adults that find Jimmy Neutron (Movie and TV show) to be funny, so that argument is invalid.

YES YES YES!!! All amazing news!!!!!

Well, technically, the worst news is that SpongeBob, Dora, and Diego are going to be the only forms of Nickelodeon merchandise you can get at Universal for now on. Nothing else.

--- Update ---

Can someone explain the exact reasons why people hate this ride? I would just like to know both sides of the debate. I have hardly seen a (no offense) legitimate argument on why this ride is bad. Most of what I see is stuff along the lines of "It sucks". So, if someone could explain to me, thank you, as I am overall interested in the people that say this attraction is "bad".

Last edited:
I would still appreciate it if someone could explain why they hate this ride so much...

(I'm not looking to argue, I just would like to see the reasons)

But anyway, I'll be there for the last day. It'll be sad to this ride go...

Last edited:
I would still appreciate it if someone could explain why they hate this ride so much...

(I'm not looking to argue, I just would like to see the reasons)

But anyway, I'll be there for the last day. It'll be sad to this ride go...

I don't hate it, hate is to much of a strong word its just mediocre. I find it pretty dull and unmemorable. Suppose it makes a half decent kids ride but I think DM will blow it out of the water tbh.