Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder how Kong will be set up, if it is indeed what is coming. Will it be a new ride system using the USH footage? Will it be something completely different?

Lots of questions.

I'm imagining something like the Mummy meets Kong 360. The rollercoaster/simulator hybrid we saw the plans on could work...

I really think that'll end up being Gringotts, but that's just me.

Personally I would love to see HP get a family style dark ride. If they end up with two in the addition then 1 coaster darkride hybrid and 1 family darkride is a huge win!

Personally I would love to see HP get a family style dark ride. If they end up with two in the addition then 1 coaster darkride hybrid and 1 family darkride is a huge win!

Do you mean an omnimover a la Little Mermaid? If so, then themed to what aspect of Rowling's lore?

I'm imagining something like the Mummy meets Kong 360. The rollercoaster/simulator hybrid we saw the plans on could work...

I never thought about that, but it's a good possibility. I saw a video of Kong in USH and it's pretty cool, but it'd be awesome if it was expanded into a full-on ride that also incorporates parts with screens, just like FJ.

I really think that'll end up being Gringotts, but that's just me.

Why not both? I think it would be a good fit, and they'd be quite different thematically, so I don't think similar or even equal ride systems would be a problem. I mean, FJ is like Spiderman 2.0. Basically a different vehicle on a similar concept of a dark ride with thrill elements.

I'd also like a family dark ride and a coaster for phase 2. I love thrill rides, primarily coasters, but I also love to sit back and chill in a ride that immerses me in a world of great theming.

I believe this is the case, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly certain Gringotts will be the one attraction. I think that much is obvious. But the second attraction is kinda a mystery, though I've been tossed hints about it being Ministry of Magic oriented.

I believe this is the case, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly certain Gringotts will be the one attraction. I think that much is obvious. But the second attraction is kinda a mystery, though I've been tossed hints about it being Ministry of Magic oriented.

The Ministry of Magic is such a gorgeous set. I would love love LOVE to see it appear in the Wizarding World. One of my favorite parts of DH part 1 is when they infiltrate the ministry...

I gotta admit the MoM doesn't excite me that much. I think it is a beautiful set, like everything in the films, but for some reason since the beginning I was never very into the set. It looked so different than what I imagined when reading the books, I guess I never got over it. Anyways, I don't know that the films or even the books got to show or tell much of all the interesting things that allegedly go on at the MoM. I don't know that it's the best for a dark ride.

I would go more for a dark ride set in the Forbidden Forest and around the grounds of Hogwarts. I would honestly love a full tour of Hogwarts the most, but since we already have a ride on Hogwarts, I don't think it's gonna happen. There's so many creatures to showcase and forests are so beautiful and mysterious. It could be like a Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid! It could even go into the lake and we could see those creatures too. I love what they did on the queue for ET, it's probably my favorite part of ET :lol: Well, imagine a full ride like that with some awesome AAs. I'd love it!

Last edited:
I would go more for a dark ride set in the Forbidden Forest and around the grounds of Hogwarts. It could be like a Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid! It could even go into the lake and we could see those creatures too. I love what they did on the queue for ET, it's probably my favorite part of ET :lol: Well, imagine a full ride like that with some awesome AAs. I'd love it!

Members of Universal Creative would tell you that they already gave you both of those.

Members of Universal Creative would tell you that they already gave you both of those.

Yeah, but this time they can showcase these elements in a friendlier(?) setting. FJ is darker, creepier. This could be a brighter experience, sort of like the Hippogriff lesson in Prisoner of Azkaban, sunny and relaxed, focusing on the magical creatures and places, not on the fear or thrill factors. Just throwing ideas out there...

And to be fair, it can be argued that Universal Creative already gave us almost everything in the current Wizarding World. It's quite a challenge for expansion and a flaw of the WWoHP. They crammed so much into such a small space in scope of the amount of material they had to work with. I think they went into the original project with fear, or reservations, or little faith... They incredibly miscalculated the potential and massive success of anything touched by Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love the WWoHP, but just scrutinizing what we have and fantasizing about bigger and better things we could have... in my ideal WWoHP, FJ would have been just an attraction featuring Hogwarts castle, there would have been a Forbidden Forest ride, there would have been a Quidditch ride, there would be separate rides for so many things because the world JKR created, the amount of creatures and characters and settings is SO vast! But they've crammed a bunch of places, creatures and things together, leaving very little room for original or different concepts in expansions. Basically the only really different thing that can be done and fit well within a setting would be Gringotts and shops in Diagon Alley, everything else has either been done or is a stand-alone location, like the MoM, and it would not fit into one of the easily recognizable locations like Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.

Anyways, I will say though, unless the expansion is also connected to the current WWoHP, a Forbidden Forest attraction would not fit in well so I better start thinking of other ideas that fit better into Diagon Alley or somewhere we can go to from Diagon Alley. Maybe something using the Night Bus? But that would be more of a thrill ride than a chill, dark ride. I'm stumped.

Last edited:
It could be like a Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid! It could even go into the lake and we could see those creatures too. I love what they did on the queue for ET, it's probably my favorite part of ET :lol: Well, imagine a full ride like that with some awesome AAs. I'd love it!

I want a basilisk animatronic STAT.

Yeah, but this time they can showcase these elements in a friendlier(?) setting. FJ is darker, creepier. This could be a brighter experience, sort of like the Hippogriff lesson in Prisoner of Azkaban, sunny and relaxed, focusing on the magical creatures and places, not on the fear or thrill factors. Just throwing ideas out there...

And to be fair, it can be argued that Universal Creative already gave us almost everything in the current Wizarding World. It's quite a challenge for expansion and a flaw of the WWoHP. They crammed so much into such a small space in scope of the amount of material they had to work with. I think they went into the original project with fear, or reservations, or little faith... They incredibly miscalculated the potential and massive success of anything touched by Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love the WWoHP, but just scrutinizing what we have and fantasizing about bigger and better things we could have... in my ideal WWoHP, FJ would have been just an attraction featuring Hogwarts castle, there would have been a Forbidden Forest ride, there would have been a Quidditch ride, there would be separate rides for so many things because the world JKR created, the amount of creatures and characters and settings is SO vast! But they've crammed a bunch of places, creatures and things together, leaving very little room for original or different concepts in expansions. Basically the only really different thing that can be done and fit well within a setting would be Gringotts and shops in Diagon Alley, everything else has either been done or is a stand-alone location, like the MoM, and it would not fit into one of the easily recognizable locations like Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.

Anyways, I will say though, unless the expansion is also connected to the current WWoHP, a Forbidden Forest attraction would not fit in well so I better start thinking of other ideas that fit better into Diagon Alley or somewhere we can go to from Diagon Alley. Maybe something using the Night Bus? But that would be more of a thrill ride than a chill, dark ride. I'm stumped.

I wasn't arguing one way or the other. I was just saying that UC would say that "We gave you a care for magical creatures class in Flight of the Hipogriff and we took you into the Forbidden Forest, now we're going to take you somewhere you haven't been before."

I want a basilisk animatronic STAT.

That should have been in FJ.

I wasn't arguing one way or the other. I was just saying that UC would say that "We gave you a care for magical creatures class in Flight of the Hipogriff and we took you into the Forbidden Forest, now we're going to take you somewhere you haven't been before."

Yeah, I know, and I completely see and agree with your point, which is why it's frustrating when discussing expansions and what new things we can get when so much has been already "included" (crammed) into the current WW.

That should have been in FJ.

Yeah, I know, and I completely see and agree with your point, which is why it's frustrating when discussing expansions and what new things we can get when so much has been already "included" (crammed) into the current WW.

Agreed. Which is why I feel that Phase II has been a back and forth struggle between JK and UC.

I've been told Phase II has been given the go ahead, but I'm waiting on conformation.

More info when I get it, if I'm allowed to give it.

Wow, I wish that I had your contacts if they are in fact accurate. That said, everything must be down to the legal wire as I don't even hear back from the crane family when I call them. I just assumed the cranes were busy with 'something' else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.