Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I wish that I had your contacts if they are in fact accurate. If so, then everything must be down to the legal wire as I don't even hear back from the crane family when I call them.

Yea. A friend told me during a quick conversation this morning, and I'm waiting to talk to him some more later tonight. I was quite surprised, as I thought they were still going back and forth with the plans.

So far he's yet to be wrong on things like this, so I'll put my stock in him. I'll try to keep everyone in the loop as much as I can.

I can't wait to get these announcements. With Sea World's news today, that leaves Universal the only parks in Central Florida who have zero announcements past 2012.

I can't wait to get these announcements. With Sea World's news today, that leaves Universal the only parks in Central Florida who have zero announcements past 2012.

Yes, it has the potential to be very, very interesting. I'm very curious as to how Universal will handle it's upcoming slate. From every indication, they have the most in the pipeline for the upcoming 3-5 years, yet all we've heard so far is Spider-man and Despicable Me. Will they announce the two large rides coming to the Studios and WWoHP 2.0 together? Will they stagger announcements? Will the 2 Studios rides be announced together before Potter?

There are plenty of questions, and all lead to exciting answers.

And will any of these E-Tickets go head-to-head with Avatar, which isn't expected to open until 2015 or 2016.

Wow, if this is true then I can't believe we're about to go through all this again :p How exciting!

And you're assuming it won't?

Wouldn't be the first time Disney announced something and not follow through with it.

See:
-Hyperion Wharf
-David Copperfield
-Beastly Kingdomme
-World Showcase countries
-Western River Expedition

All of the above had more substance to them than an agreement to work with James Cameron to design something for DAK sometime in the future..

I think he meant will they go head-to-head in terms of time of release. I'm interested in the timeframe as well.

Maybe? I would think it'll be opening around the 2015 time frame based on what I've been told, but I really have no solid info there.

Honestly, until they tell us what the deal is we won't know. I only get small bits of info from a very small group of people, and when I make guesses I supplement it with what I see from other people on the internet that are reliable. So far I only know that the expansion is going to be huge, and it's apparently been given the greenlight. Anything else I talk about is extremely educated guessing.

As for the confirmation, if the plans are indeed "finalized", when will they be announced?

Hell if I know.:lol:

I honestly expect them to start construction before we get an announcement like they're doing with Transformers. So I don't think an announcement is imminent.

Last edited:
Hmmm... so by 'go ahead' I wonder if they mean signed contracts with JK and WB? If so, that would suggest an announcement is imminent. And this isn't really the time of year to make an announcement, unless they will announce this weekend for the HP celebration?

I dunno, in all honesty. I'm just giving out what I've been given.

The timing of the news does seem interesting due to the celebration this weekend and the fact that Universal Creative will be involved with it.

^ From what I have observed in the past, companies do not like to sit on done deals such as this. Legal is signed off, loans are signed off, county and state are theoretically signed off. Then they announce almost immediately. Hm, hm, hm...

Maybe this Harry Potter Celebration really will be more than just some parties and meet & greets..

Status
Not open for further replies.