The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2-9-12019.jpg

What is the deep basement like thingy on the left side of the island in this shot. What was that? It appears it might be as deep as the shark tanks. Was that the water control? These pictures make the Jaws attraction more interesting to me than it ever was running.

And, in a wee bit of goofy foreshadowing... why are the huge propane tanks still in place? (as seen in the wide photos, not this one)

Are you talking about the part where the track bends? That was where the gasdock shark popped up.

^ I believe that would be where the first track mounted shark popped up. Right after you saw "Amity 3".

Sorry, I was also looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:
No, not that. Mid top LEFT... immediately to the right of the left most large backhoe. That is a deep basement thingy I think. You can see other angles of it in the image series.

One of the structures next to Chief Brody's house stood there. It was two houses that actually stood over the water. Now why would it require a hole like that? But thats just about where the hole is now in reference as to what was there.

Teebs go 58-59 seconds in and tell me your thoughts...

[video=youtube;zBSaUp2GLJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSaUp2GLJ8[/video]

Here it is... it is the basement of the large white house that had the widow's walk on top.

2-9-12017.jpg

But the point is, buildings in Florida and especially theme parks rarely if never have basements. It was set dead center of the island as you can see below.

Vinylmation+Photoshoot+002.jpg

I believe it may have been water control for the entire jaws lagoon. Both fill and drain.

But the point is, buildings in Florida and especially theme parks rarely if never have basements. It was set dead center of the island as you can see below.

Might not be the "basement" that could be ground floor and the house was above it, like utilidors in MK. Also there are occasionally basements in FLA, just rare... I know in Downtown Tampa some of those buildings have a underground parking level for executives...

ParkRumors has a new (but actually old, because the photo is from January) aerial image of the Jaws lagoon... it's interesting because it's probably the last ever image we'll see of the (mostly) intact ride without water...

Jaws2012.jpg

There's also an article with the image that has a few other recent aerial photos of things like JPRA without water, mini golf construction, and other stuff...
http://parkrumors.com/universal-from-above/

I was yelled at by a Fear Factor employee for even walking to the top corner of the stadium. I didn't have a camera out.

Weird, I usually sit near the top for each show... maybe they were told to crack down on photos? even though till now we didn't get much from there.

Yesterday the show wasn't full, so the far left side wasn't being seated, I was the only one over there.

lol, that's probably why then, they rather you sit with the crowd so they don't need to look over there and then later have to see if you left stuff and clean up over there.

ParkRumors has a new (but actually old, because the photo is from January) aerial image of the Jaws lagoon... it's interesting because it's probably the last ever image we'll see of the (mostly) intact ride without water...

I had no idea that the OC Property appraiser took annual aerial views of the county. Do all counties do this?

Just FYI for those looking for photos.. Expect to see security within the adjacent apartment complex effective immediately. They will be there until a new construction wall is erected, well at least that is what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.