The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful pics Kinergic. You must have a nice camera.

That reminded me of this:
"A photographer went to dinner at a friends and was greeted at the door by his friends wife who said....."I've been looking at your photos and they are fantastic. You must have a very good camera..."

The photographer said nothing.

After a very enjoyable meal the photographer turned to his friends wife and said "That was a fantastic meal. You must have a very good oven"

That reminded me of this:
"A photographer went to dinner at a friends and was greeted at the door by his friends wife who said....."I've been looking at your photos and they are fantastic. You must have a very good camera..."

The photographer said nothing.

After a very enjoyable meal the photographer turned to his friends wife and said "That was a fantastic meal. You must have a very good oven"

:lol: So true! It's the cameraman, not the camera, man ;D

Not the least bit depressed. Happy they're getting on with it instead of letting it languish like the Adventurers Club, Wonders of Life, etc.

Edit: I should have looked at Orlando Sky's pics before I posed my question. Wow. They've gotten alot done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thor
It is far past 'drained' mr. man. The tank drained and sharks removed weeks ago. The concrete base of the lagoon has been jack-hammered to pieces and carted off. I conjecture that many if not most of the trees of the island have had their roots cut and bundled and will end up on the IOA end of the Wizarding World. It is all so grand scale... I love it.

Seems you were quite off good sir.

Kind of sad to see that so much is still there from a clear sky view, but getting all those mechanics out sure is an amazing undertaking I am sure. The boats look so white and crisp from that view too. It is a shame we don't have a known view that crisp and close from when the ride was functioning.

Indeed I was! The fact the sharks are still there surprises me as I would expect all of the steel animation rigging would have been the first to go. Still, much has been torn asunder and day by day less and less will remain to be seen.

I was thinking similar things. Because after that tricky stuff is removed and filled in it is just jack hammering what they need to and re surfacing type stuff. Clearly I am no expert but I would of figured the same thing you did.

I am sure there is a method to the madness. It is funny how the boathouse was the first thing to go. Guess it made getting around a lot easier with that gap in the thinnest part of the island in use for crossing.

the sharks havent been removed and it appears the boathouse has been filled in. i wonder if the boathouse shark was removed or is still there under the fill.

^ This is my opinion and not my knowledge of what is going on. I do not believe they cannot leave a bunch of junk under the sand as it would create an unstable building substructure for the future. Also, as someone else here pointed out, they cannot leave the smooth concrete surfaces or shark tanks as they would fill up with common water runnoff turning the fill into quicksand. So, the substructure needs clear drainage and stable fill. I could be generally wrong, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.