The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized how horrible Fear Factor is going to look next to Potter 2.0... I'm biased though frankly I think it looks horrible next to ANYTHING. its not the contrast in theming that upsets me, its the fact that Universal has set a new bar with Potter, and to have something like that setting next to one of the worst theme park shows in history is embarassing. Im ashamed of it as a Uni fan, I was so mad when I heard they were bringing the TV show back. Hopefully it wont be around for many more years. I can't believe people actually still go to this, first timers I assume, or people wanting to get pics of jaws carnage... I'm done venting now

I honestly think Fear Factor is okay for what it is. It's definitely overstayed it's welcome (almost 7 years now on-and-off..it debuted June 2005 :confused:) but I feel like it's a theme park crowd-pleaser and at least makes up for the low attraction count with the closing of Jaws, Jimmy Neutron, and the lack of other entertainment still to come. With the show currently #1 or #2 in its time slot, it at least earned some newfound relevance.

But I don't think you'll have to worry about it being around when WWOHP 2.0 opens, unless the show's revival continues to do really, really well.

I honestly think Fear Factor is okay for what it is. It's definitely overstayed it's welcome (almost 7 years now on-and-off..it debuted June 2005 :confused:) but I feel like it's a theme park crowd-pleaser and at least makes up for the low attraction count with the closing of Jaws, Jimmy Neutron, and the lack of other entertainment still to come. With the show currently #1 or #2 in its time slot, it at least earned some newfound relevance.

But I don't think you'll have to worry about it being around when WWOHP 2.0 opens, unless the show's revival continues to do really, really well.

Honestly if they changed up the stunts I would like Fear Factor. It's fun the first time or two. I competed and it was a fun experience. But the problem is it's so stale at this point. I actually wouldn't mind if they updated the show with new stunts and kept it since the show is popular again. It wouldn't be my first choice for the space, but it would make sense.

Honestly if they changed up the stunts I would like Fear Factor. It's fun the first time or two. I competed and it was a fun experience. But the problem is it's so stale at this point. I actually wouldn't mind if they updated the show with new stunts and kept it since the show is popular again. It wouldn't be my first choice for the space, but it would make sense.

Yeah, I've only seen it twice. :lol: I've yet to be forced into watching it more times.

Don't see why eveyone is say WWoHP 2.0. I don't believe in the slightest that it's going to be that.

^I don't want to believe it either, but it is what it is. Universal will milk the Potter cashcow until it's bone-dry, with no regard to anyone that isn't a Potter fan(like myself). JAWS closing made me angry. JAWS closing for MORE Potter made me want to vomit. On that note, complaining won't change anything. So there's two choices: 1. Continue visiting Universal and enjoy what non-Potter-themed rides are left. 2. Stop visiting Universal for a while in hopes that your anger and frustration subsides(my choice). Rant over.

Back to topic, as much as I dislike this project, I'm glad to see moving along well.

Back to topic, as much as I dislike this project, I'm glad to see moving along well.

Sad to see it coming down, but I am glad it is not just sitting there rotting.
While it will not affect my visiting USO or IOA, I only go for HHNs and have yet to visit TWWOHP, I wouldn't consider a buying a pass again until it is almost ready to reopen.

^I don't want to believe it either, but it is what it is. Universal will milk the Potter cashcow until it's bone-dry, with no regard to anyone that isn't a Potter fan(like myself). JAWS closing made me angry. JAWS closing for MORE Potter made me want to vomit. On that note, complaining won't change anything. So there's two choices: 1. Continue visiting Universal and enjoy what non-Potter-themed rides are left. 2. Stop visiting Universal for a while in hopes that your anger and frustration subsides(my choice). Rant over.

Or you know, there's option 3:

Enjoy the new area for what it will be. Mainly a thuroughly detailed laned with groundbreaking new attractions.

I loathe the idea of Avatar in DAK, and hope it ends up getting canceled. But if it does happen, I'll most likely enjoy it for what it is.

Or you know, there's option 3:

Enjoy the new area for what it will be. Mainly a thuroughly detailed laned with groundbreaking new attractions.

I loathe the idea of Avatar in DAK, and hope it ends up getting canceled. But if it does happen, I'll most likely enjoy it for what it is.

I agree. I can think of quite a few properties I'm not necessarily a huge fan of but enjoyed their respective attractions. I'd enjoy a thrilling, groundbreaking new attraction no matter WHAT it's based on.

Finally returning to posting after a long absence. This is devastating to me, Jaws was a massive part of my childhood however the future is the future. I'd really like to see more of the de-construction, not exactly worth a helicopter tour for photos, but It'd be cool to see everything drained one last time..

Finally returning to posting after a long absence. This is devastating to me, Jaws was a massive part of my childhood however the future is the future. I'd really like to see more of the de-construction, not exactly worth a helicopter tour for photos, but It'd be cool to see everything drained one last time..

It is far past 'drained' mr. man. The tank drained and sharks removed weeks ago. The concrete base of the lagoon has been jack-hammered to pieces and carted off. I conjecture that many if not most of the trees of the island have had their roots cut and bundled and will end up on the IOA end of the Wizarding World. It is all so grand scale... I love it.

It's all so unreal to me...to think that The Boathouse is now gone forever...it kills me. I'll still continue to visit Universal, but I don't think I'll be able to step foot into the new HP Land, it will bring back too many memories.

Somehow I don't believe that :lol:

Okay, let me rephrase:

If Disney goes all out and gives me a ride/land that raises the bar (hell at least matches it) that Universal has set/will set with Potter and Spider-man, I'll enjoy it for what it is.

If they give me a slightly different Soarin'....meh.

I am so much more excited for what 2012 holds for Universal than what Disney has. It is funny I started out a Disney Fan Boy but over time have become a Universal Fan Boy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.